5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

42 minutes ago, airdvr said:

My tracker says we just passed China in total number of cases.

Hi airdvr,

How about asking your wife, the nurse, how she feels about this latest from the idiot in the Oval Office:  https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/26/trump-coronavirus-distancing-guidelines-150588*

Jerry Baumchen

* Posted earlier in another thread also.

17 minutes ago, yoink said:

And Trump's lawyers have already ordered an immediate cease and desist order for channels carrying this ad.

Its "beautiful"," a perfect ad",there is "no quid pro quo for a president to take responsibility".  to make donations https://priorities.org/

"Priorities USA Action Fund, the Democratic super PAC that created the 30-second spot and supported Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, responded by soliciting financial contributions to keep the ad on the airwaves.

Trump’s campaign said the commercial contains the “false assertion” that Trump called the coronavirus a “hoax.” President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign is threatening legal action"

Someone needs one of those mobile super large video display screens. That can be parked in front of the WH. To play it 24/7. To play it at the republican convention in Charlotte to all the republican survivors and recovered.

6 hours ago, aonsquared said:
8 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Except that most of the Doctors & Scientists who reviewed that 30 person study found it to be unreliable and not definitive. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/therapeutic-options.html

I couldn't find the reviews you're talking about,

An earlier small-scale study of 30 patients by French researchers published last week had shown indication that hydroxychloroquine used alone was effective in reducing the duration and severity of COVID-19, while using it in combination with an antibiotic called azithromycin increased its effectiveness. The study has been criticized by some for its methods – which is the entire purpose of scientific study and medical research, wherein people submit their studies for peer review prior to publication, and then other researchers challenge their assumptions, results and findings.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/25/new-study-casts-doubt-on-hyrdoxychloroquines-effectiveness-in-treating-coronavirus/

7 hours ago, kallend said:

Maybe because it works for the diseases they have, like lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and malaria - none of which are caused by viruses.

My apologies. I get it now. I thought we were still Trump was wrong about the effectiveness of Chloroquine with COVID. Which its not good by itself and especially if it's labeled for fish tanks.  

(edited)
9 hours ago, billvon said:

Not sure if this should go in the Deplorables thread or here.  Reporters found a memo by Hobby Lobby asking their managers to 'make every effort to continue working the employees' - and to deny them paid sick leave.

https://www.businessinsider.com/hobby-lobby-told-managers-denied-employees-paid-sick-leave-memo-2020-3?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark&fbclid=IwAR0USOqDAKVutD2VOPuP3zeQZ6HA8M0_KnqMqHY8e-Ijdcecv3PEh7qp3YQ

Between this and "packing the churches" with people - Trump isn't being too good to his base.  I'd hate to see this become Darwinian, but with Trump supporters claiming that the COVID-19 "hysteria" is all part of a big hoax - it may turn out that way.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/christian-pastor-who-thought-covid-19-is-just-mass-hysteria-among-the-first-in-virginia-to-die-from-virus/

My wife has been frustrated by the lockdowns and cafes shutting down etc. Then yesterday we had a death at our local hospital (not just our city, but our suburb), she doesn’t want to go out anymore..

Edited by nigel99

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

My apologies. I get it now. I thought we were still Trump was wrong about the effectiveness of Chloroquine with COVID. Which its not good by itself and especially if it's labeled for fish tanks.  

Darwin strikes again.

6 minutes ago, kallend said:

I am so stealing that!

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

7 minutes ago, kallend said:

I am so stealing that!

First the Royal family, then Boris. perhaps there is hope for all of the a$$holes in the How low can you go thread.

32 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

First the Royal family, then Boris. perhaps there is hope for all of the a$$holes in the How low can you go thread.

Wow - its amazing how the tolerant left shows joy and hope now that people are contracting the coronavirus.

Another amazing thing is it seems to only be the ones that they dislike that are singled out.

Its deplorable.

25 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Wow - its amazing how the tolerant left shows joy and hope now that people are contracting the coronavirus.

Another amazing thing is it seems to only be the ones that they dislike that are singled out.

Its deplorable.

Again you extrapolate the behaviour of one to an entire group.

I guess it makes you feel better.

(edited)
39 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Its deplorable.

I'd expect nothing less from a turtle, FOX, or the hard core right. The Law and Order tribe. But when the subtleties of fraud, preying upon the weak and vulnerable for self enrichment. Has sanctions associated with it. Its all 'deplorable' for them.

Instead of ordering medical supplies ventilators, etc. They are too busy  lining their pockets, rewarding their friends and keeping the smoke screen going. The C-19 and pox on all of them. Throw in the clap as well. Then send them to hell.

Currently the US is testing at 180 per 100,000

Italy at                                     600 per 100,000

S. Korea                                  700 per 100,000

Is that because trump wants to keep US number low? Or because he starved the US health care system and the CDC to pay for the tax cuts?

Edited by Phil1111

How trump and his cronies enriched themselves and are doing it again. These Companies Enriched Themselves. Now They’re Getting a Bailout.

"the airline industry, which is prone to booms and busts, collectively spent more than $45 billion on stock buybacks over the past eight years. ... As recently as March 3 of this year, with the crisis already beginning, the Hilton hotel chain put $2 billion into a stock buyback." Many of the firms now asking for bailouts took advantage of low interest rates to borrow heavily. To buyback stock.

All while trump, his base and his corporate enablers, deny the medical equipment Americans need to live.

(edited)
1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Its deplorable.

Have some perspective. Reports are that BoJo has a mild fever. He may have Coronavirus but he doesn't appear to be in any danger. Twisting their words to make out like 'the left' is gloating over his impending death is deplorable.

(And again, amazing how that sense of humour you're so proud of only appears when it's politically expedient for you.)

Edited by jakee

(edited)
38 minutes ago, DJL said:

If they build a wall I'm just going to fucking vote for Trump in November.

America is nationally testing at 180 tests per 100,000

Arizona is testing at 13 per 100,000 Republican governor.

Texas is testing at 73 per 100,000 Republican governor.

Canada is testing at about 550 per 100,000

the Trump administration was considering deploying military personnel near the Canada-U.S. border to assist to border patrol officers during the COVID-19 crisis.

A good analysis of the rally around the flag effect for trump.

Edited by Phil1111