5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

12 minutes ago, airdvr said:

There are any number of possibilities not the least of which is he thought they were available.

Your rampant TDS allows no possibility other than it was a blatant lie.

Isn't it tiring to keep thinking of all these possibilities to excuse him?

Sure they're possibilities, but usually the simplest explanation is the correct one.

10 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Well...perhaps the CDC told him they could make the test kits prior to them telling him the test kits didn't work.  There are any number of possibilities not the least of which is he thought they were available.

What is more likely?

a) No one told Trump of the limitations of the CDC testing.

b) Trump was just spouting off bullshit that sounded good in the moment, just like the other 16,000+ lies he spewed before.

Think: Occam's razor.

12 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Well...perhaps the CDC told him they could make the test kits prior to them telling him the test kits didn't work.  There are any number of possibilities not the least of which is he thought they were available.

Please show one example of Trump telling the truth, having valid information, showing real leadership or doing anything correct during this.

How about this:

Please show an example of Trump expressing sympathy or condolences to those who are sick or have lost loved ones. 

Someone commented that there was a lot of hate for Trump in here.
Please explain why there shouldn't be. Use actual facts, not speculation. 
The man is a dangerous buffoon. He clearly cares only for himself. 
He has made the situation worse.

Why does your worship of him blind you to this?

21 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Well...perhaps the CDC told him they could make the test kits prior to them telling him the test kits didn't work. 

Perhaps.  More likely, based on past performance, he made it up to boost his ratings - especially given that at that point he had rejected the test kits that the WHO had offered him.

Just now, billvon said:

Perhaps.  More likely, based on past performance, he made it up to boost his ratings - especially given that at that point he had rejected the test kits that the WHO had offered him.

Technically, the WHO never offered tests to the US (I've had too many Trumpettes harp on this).

They usually only offer test kits to the poorer countries. The US can afford it's own tests and should have had them.
Trump could have requested test kits from WHO, but never did.

A bit pedantic, but that's how it goes. ^_^

(edited)
1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Please show one example of Trump telling the truth, having valid information, showing real leadership or doing anything correct during this.

NOT TO BE ASCERTAINED FROM ANY SOURCE.

How about this:

Please show an example of Trump expressing sympathy or condolences to those who are sick or have lost loved ones. 

ASTONISHINGLY, HE MUMBLED SOMETHING YESTERDAY ABOUT RAND PAUL.

Trump offers sympathy for Rand Paul, apparent snark for Mitt Romney, after coronavirus quarantines

Someone commented that there was a lot of hate for Trump in here.
Please explain why there shouldn't be. Use actual facts, not speculation. 
The man is a dangerous buffoon. He clearly cares only for himself. 
He has made the situation worse.

Why does your worship of him blind you to this?

He is supposedly the "wartime" president. Yet he is ready to abandon some of his population to the enemy. He refuses to go all out in the war. Refuses to listen to his generals(medical advice, CDC). trump needs to read  The Art of War.

Silly me! I had to edit because i forgot trump doesn't read books. See turtle people here do admit mistakes.

Edited by Phil1111

(edited)
33 minutes ago, kallend said:

Local hospital needs masks.

A small contribution, but I'm making these on my 3D printer.

https://longliveyoursmile.com/3d-printable-mask-for-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR0pPJvg22Q59jqj-QYR6XXZhsmxJkJsmOlTt-iH1a7XicB_-qchw0HYMWQ

Too cool but You have a PhD so Meet The Italian Engineers 3D-Printing Respirator Parts For Free To Help Keep Coronavirus Patients Alive

We all know you can do so much better. If you only apply yourself.

I wonder how hard it would be to substitute "Our Hero's" instead of the "406".

Edited by Phil1111

China to Ease Coronavirus Lockdown on Hubei 2 Months After Imposing It

" The Chinese province of Hubei, where the coronavirus pandemic began, will on Wednesday begin allowing most of its 60 million residents to leave, ending nearly two months of lockdown and sending a strong signal of the government’s confidence that its tough measures have worked to control the outbreak. ...

The easing of the lockdown is the latest sign that China appears to have successfully tamed the epidemic by placing sweeping restrictions on hundreds of millions of people, while governments elsewhere flounder. Across Europe and the United States, new cases continue to surge, medical supplies are running low and many hospitals are overwhelmed. Government officials worldwide are ordering their citizens to stay at home — much as China did to Hubei at the start of the outbreak. '

Too bad the trump administration doesn't listen to the CDC.

2 hours ago, jakee said:

Sigh. So why did Mike Pence say the day before that testing capacity was insufficient? Why were other state governors and officials already complaining that they didn't have sufficient tests or facilities to keep up? Why did other administration officials start walking back Trump's briefing promise that same day?

The chances that he was the one single guy in the administration with access to the press who didn't get given the right information is...? 

Like I said earlier - 

I think he speaks what he wants to be true, not that he's malicious. 

OR - Another possibility is that he was so busy listening to his own thoughts, that he glazed over the correct info, and interpreted it his own way.   

The maliciousness angle is just your hate coming out. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, kallend said:

Local hospital needs masks.

A small contribution, but I'm making these on my 3D printer.

https://longliveyoursmile.com/3d-printable-mask-for-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR0pPJvg22Q59jqj-QYR6XXZhsmxJkJsmOlTt-iH1a7XicB_-qchw0HYMWQ

Julio is making masks at LiquidSky Sports too:

LiquidSky Sports

Edited by normiss

17 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

If he's been told it's not true, or indeed if he hasn't been told anything definitive yet he presents it as fact - that's still a lie. That's what a lie is.

OR - Another possibility is that he was so busy listening to his own thoughts, that he glazed over the correct info, and interpreted it his own way.    

That's just as bad, if not worse. What kind of defense is 'He wasn't lying, he's just chronically incompetent due to unchecked ADD?" 

The maliciousness angle is just your invention. No-one has he was maliciously lying, just that he was lying. I don't think he lied with the intention of hurting people as a result, but that doesn't excuse the lie or change the results.

In fact, by inventing a statement and ascribing it to hate surely you are now accusing us of lying with malicious intent towards Trump? Which, by your own argument, means you are showing hatred towards us? I'd expect an apology and retraction... if you're honest.

(edited)
28 minutes ago, normiss said:

Julio is making masks at LiquidSky Sports too:

LiquidSky Sports

John is making masks, others driving trucks for weeks on end without baths. I sure the hell wouldn't shower in a truck stop facility now!

I feel guilty that I bought extra hand sanitizer and TP.:`(   I'll have to open some scotch so I can feel better about myself.

Edited by Phil1111

16 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi airdvr,

He should be caring about the American people, not himself.

How's that for a start?

Yes, I know it is a pipe dream.

Jerry Baumchen

15 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Resigning.

45 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

China to Ease Coronavirus Lockdown on Hubei 2 Months After Imposing It

" The Chinese province of Hubei, where the coronavirus pandemic began, will on Wednesday begin allowing most of its 60 million residents to leave, ending nearly two months of lockdown and sending a strong signal of the government’s confidence that its tough measures have worked to control the outbreak. ...

The easing of the lockdown is the latest sign that China appears to have successfully tamed the epidemic by placing sweeping restrictions on hundreds of millions of people, while governments elsewhere flounder. Across Europe and the United States, new cases continue to surge, medical supplies are running low and many hospitals are overwhelmed. Government officials worldwide are ordering their citizens to stay at home — much as China did to Hubei at the start of the outbreak. '

Too bad the trump administration doesn't listen to the CDC.

I was referring to the lockdown.  I don't think he can legally do much without a declaration of martial law.

4 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I was referring to the lockdown.  I don't think he can legally do much without a declaration of martial law.

Oh come on. He just escaped impeachment. Now that Mattis is gone if he needed another distraction. He could go to DEFCON 1 and send the nuke's a flying. Even FOX would defend that.

49 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Like I said earlier - 

He didn't say it was malicious.

Most likely he was talking and he made a snap decision that claiming that (for example) tests are widely available would improve his ratings, so he just did it.  No intent to harm, just intent to improve his ratings.  He knew he could just claim the press was lying later (which he has done.)

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Like I said earlier - 

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.

But in his case I think greed plays a significant role too.

11 hours ago, headoverheels said:

By Friday, we will be battling it out with Italy for 1st place in total cases.  Of course, they are still kicking our ass in per capita cases.  China is really fading, despite their advantage of an early lead -- we are already ahead of them in per capita cases.

That's the spirit, it's not a disastrous pandemic it's the Corona Virus Internationals. Let's kick some ass and take home the gold. T and I are in. Our team name is Creeped Out.