5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

9 minutes ago, billvon said:

Everyone's life brings them to a different place.  I am very glad the path my life took did not take me to a place where I was happy and hopeful that ~100,000 Americans might die of a deadly disease.

Unless they are non vaccinated Republicans 9_9

11 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Interesting 

PA vaccination rate: 72% 7 day rolling average of new cases: 4125

FL vaccination rate: 60% 7 day rolling average of new cases: 1473 (despite having a much larger population) 

When you actually look at the data in context instead of cherry-picking, it's immediately obvious that PA is doing better than FL.

91-DIVOC-states-normalized-Florida.png

(edited)
9 minutes ago, nwt said:

Has done, not is doing.  Looks like that late summer spike in Florida has imparted a good deal of natural immunity. 
Speaking of “cherry picking” you forgot to account for the extra eight million residents in Florida and their greater population density.

Edited by brenthutch

It's quite clear that Covid runs in 'waves' that last two to three months.

There are some ideas about why, but nobody knows for sure.

Due to low vax rates and stupid policies about mitigation methods (masks & distancing), Florida got hit HARD and early when the Delta variant arrived.
So it's not surprising that it's waning there first.

Has little to do with vax rates or mitigation policies now.

If another wave arrives, I'd expect to see Florida get hit hard...
Again.

Personally, I got 'boosted' today.
Some of the CVS locations local to me are doing Moderna, and since I got J&J last spring, I found info that the best choice for the booster was Moderna. Pfizer is also good, but not quite as good. Both of the mRNA vaxes are better boosters than J&J.

The discussion about aspirating the injection on here made some sense to me.
So I asked the pharmacist (or maybe a tech, not sure) about it.
She had not heard about it, or the idea that hitting a vein would increase the chances of myocarditis. She also said that she had not been trained on aspiration and wasn't comfortable doing it.

I figured that if it was that big of a deal, the info would be out to the pharmacies, so I didn't worry about it (it's taking a very small chance of a problem and making it even smaller). I'm not in the 'target' age group, so I wasn't too worried about it to begin with.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Got me some Moderna booster today, too. On top of the Pfizer original, I’m figuring I’ll be able to leap tall buildings. 
Wendy P. 

Not too worried about any 'leaping'.

I'll be happy to just keep on breathing without oxygen (at ground level, anyway).
Or without a ventilator.

Not to mention not catching it and passing it on to anyone else.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 11:15 PM, brenthutch said:

“Will have died”  

Looks like Brandon will pass Trump early next year, even with vaccines. 

Trump only had COVID to deal with for 9 months of his administration, and no Delta variant. People wore masks and observed lockdowns (schools, public events, theme parks).  Biden has been in office for 10 months, with Delta, more in-person learning, a lot more travel opportunities -- and fewer deaths during that time.  Even with the conspiracy nuts refusing to be vaccinated or protecting their fellow citizens by keeping their germs to themselves, Biden is still doing better than Trump did.

• Like 4

(edited)
15 hours ago, TriGirl said:

Trump only had COVID to deal with for 9 months of his administration, and no Delta variant. People wore masks and observed lockdowns (schools, public events, theme parks).  Biden has been in office for 10 months, with Delta, more in-person learning, a lot more travel opportunities -- and fewer deaths during that time.  Even with the conspiracy nuts refusing to be vaccinated or protecting their fellow citizens by keeping their germs to themselves, Biden is still doing better than Trump did.

The best part of this is, when I made the polio comparison brenthutch caught on to the time issue, without realizing how that negated his own "argument" :rofl:

Maybe if I was woke I'd feel bad for him.

Edited by SkyDekker

15 hours ago, TriGirl said:

Even with the conspiracy nuts refusing to be vaccinated or protecting their fellow citizens by keeping their germs to themselves,

Perhaps there's something to learn here. If a man isn't willing to wear a face mask, then what are the chances he'd wear a condom. Women can change history.

No sex for you!

/soup nazi voice. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

The death rate in Florida is significantly higher than in California.

That is partially a function of the age of the populations, 36 years old in CA 42 in FL, and as we all know older populations are disproportionately impacted by COVID deaths.  It looks as if that mask mandate isn’t working so well.

18 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Such a patriot, gloating over the death of your fellow citizens.

On Facebook I recently posted some metrics showing the decrease in infection and death rates since the beginning of this year.  One of the Trump supporters reacted with a sad face.

Yep, for the next few years, Trump supporters are going to be very bummed that we are finally making headway against COVID-19.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, billvon said:

On Facebook I recently posted some metrics showing the decrease in infection and death rates since the beginning of this year.  One of the Trump supporters reacted with a sad face.

Yep, for the next few years, Trump supporters are going to be very bummed that we are finally making headway against COVID-19.

Obvious strawman 

33 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

That is partially a function of the age of the populations, 36 years old in CA 42 in FL, and as we all know older populations are disproportionately impacted by COVID deaths

You mean there is nuance and direct comparisons are difficult? Didn't think you had it in you.

34 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

It looks as if that mask mandate isn’t working so well.

Oops, guess you don't.

23 minutes ago, winsor said:

The old 'lies, damn lies and statistics':

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/11/when_will_the_cdc_correct_its_covid_death_counts_as_italy_just_did.html

The numbers bandied about are about as useful as the sports scores in the old Bob and Ray routine.

TEN FUCKING SECONDS of searching.

Seriously.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-748677716173

4 minutes ago, lippy said:

americanthinker.com?  Dude, you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel 

“Facts that threaten my world view?  Dude, I reject those facts and since I have no way of dealing with the uncomfortable truth you just laid out, I will just have to attack the messenger…….Dude”

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

“Facts that threaten my world view?  Dude, I reject those facts and since I have no way of dealing with the uncomfortable truth you just laid out, I will just have to attack the messenger…….Dude”

AKA "I can't spend 10 seconds to check this" brent (also "articles I used to argue for several pages I actually completely misunderstood because I just did a quick 5 minute search") hutch