4 4
gowlerk

covid-19

(edited)
6 minutes ago, ryoder said:

If you guys need charcoal, we have thousands of acres of it left over from last year, here in CO.

Making charcoal is one thing. Making it into briquettes and bagging it then warehousing and marketing it as "Royal Oak Charcoal" and getting a contract to supply it to Walmart is a little more work.The whole place is covered with a layer of black dust.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@37.7207139,-91.513628,859m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en&authuser=0

Edited by gowlerk

(edited)

Hey. Good charcoal is a serious thing.

I’ve still got a little bintochan charcoal from a previous purchase. I use it sparingly, but it’s fantastic.

It’s a wierd material - almost crystalline. If you tap two pieces together it rings like ceramic.

Edited by yoink

On 3/13/2021 at 9:48 PM, kallend said:

I'm in the set that didn't die or even get sick.

I got the second Moderna Saturday and was prepared for my immune system to get a little angry, but the only thing that happened was some soreness and swelling at the injection site the next day. Wendy posted if you drink water before and after the shot - it helps. I don't really believe that, but I don't need a lot of excuses to drink water either. The most refreshing drink for me is water with fresh lemon and I usually drink at least four-six quarts of it a day.   Have fun scuba diving - me: Jealous. 

I got my second Pfizer on Saturday, and yes, I did drink water, and no, I didn't feel anything other than the sore arm again. Spent Sunday helping my brother do yardwork (my husband knows a lot about trees and pruning etc)

Wendy P.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

I got my second Pfizer on Saturday, and yes, I did drink water, and no, I didn't feel anything other than the sore arm again. Spent Sunday helping my brother do yardwork (my husband knows a lot about trees and pruning etc)

Wendy P.

Hi Wendy,

I got my 2nd Pfizer yesterday PM; arm sore, otherwise, feel fine.

Jerry Baumchen

8 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

We celebrated our first Pfizer shots with two bottles of Veuve La Grande Dame and felt great.

OMG!!! Joe where are you and who is torturing you with this vile swill?!?!?. I don't know who they are. I don't know what they want. If they're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like them. Tell them that If you let my friend go now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for them, I will not pursue them... but if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them... and I will make them pay..

Now listen to me carefully . . .when they come for you and they will; I want you to tell me everything you see, every sound you here and I will find you!!! 

8 hours ago, BIGUN said:

OMG!!! Joe where are you and who is torturing you with this vile swill?!?!?. I don't know who they are. I don't know what they want. If they're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like them. Tell them that If you let my friend go now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for them, I will not pursue them... but if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them... and I will make them pay..

Now listen to me carefully . . .when they come for you and they will; I want you to tell me everything you see, every sound you here and I will find you!!! 

I take such chances knowing you'll come for me. It's a comfort.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I seems that assorted flavours of deplorables are going to do all they can to make sure that Covid-19 remains endemic in the good old USA.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2021/03/15/gop-worries-threaten-virus-fight

According to a Marist poll, 47% of  2020 Trump voters do not intend to get vaccinated.

Generally confirms that Trump had a lock on the imbecile vote.

56 minutes ago, kallend said:

According to a Marist poll, 47% of  2020 Trump voters do not intend to get vaccinated.

Generally confirms that Trump had a lock on the imbecile vote.

I'm good with that.

It means there will be more available and I'll get mine sooner.

It means more of them will get sick. Some will die. 
If they've been given the opportunity, if they've been given the information, if they choose to ignore science and reality...

Too fucking bad. 

President Biden evidently felt sorry for Mexicans and has decided to give millions of doses to Mexico. His empathy for poorer and less wealthy countries is admirable.

Oh! and he feels sorry for Canadians as well. That won't likely stop some Canadians from badmouthing Americans. But as the saying goes Ce la vie.

"Tens of millions of doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine have been sitting in American manufacturing sites. But while their use has already been authorized in dozens of countries, the vaccine has not yet been approved by American regulators.

The White House plans to send 2.5 million doses of the vaccine to Mexico and 1.5 million to Canada, according to a White House official, who said logistics on the plan were still being discussed."

(edited)
3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

President Biden evidently felt sorry for Mexicans and has decided to give millions of doses to Mexico. His empathy for poorer and less wealthy countries is admirable.

Oh! and he feels sorry for Canadians as well. That won't likely stop some Canadians from badmouthing Americans. But as the saying goes Ce la vie.

For Canada at least, those are doses previously procured by Canada, which have not been allowed to be exported by the US government. Characterizing that as them being "given" is just ever so slightly disingenuous.

And the saying is c'est la vie.

Edited by SkyDekker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

For Canada at least, those are doses previously procured by Canada, which have not been allowed to be exported by the US government. Characterizing that as them being "given" is just ever so slightly disingenuous.

And the saying is c'est la vie.

Any proof of that idea?  "Canada did not attempt to procure any vaccine doses from the US after the Trump administration indicated it would not allow any vaccines to be exported."

Which is obviously not the same as "previously procured by Canada". The EU held up doses for a short period of time then subsequently relented.