3 3
gowlerk

covid-19

Probably will switch out the Spam image for one with better resolution, and make position adjustments on other images, but I'm working on a T-shirt logo design. I want to have a few printed up for my family and friends. NEXT year, of course. B) I already got one suggestion to change out the Trump image for another head shot that says, 'I'm FIRED!' so that wearers don't think the shirt actually supports Trump. Made sense to me, and I will do that in the final design. 

2020ShirtLogo.jpg.31989c744f12af1fc3b88711aa66411d.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

If the Pfizer vaccine must be transported at low temps in freezer trucks, there is an answer to this. Recruit US automakers to step up and build the trucks on a Federal contract. If Biden were to say publicly he would support this, US automakers might do it on his promise alone, to get a head start on things. 

FDA has approved a DIY home test. Requires a prescription, and costs $50. 

The company said that when it compared its test to one of the most reliable FDA-authorized tests out now, it agreed with positive and negative results 94.1 percent and 98 percent of the time respectively in a study of more than 100 people in California.

A rapid at-home covid-19 test — for under $50 — just got FDA approval

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/11/18/home-test-coronavirus-covid-fda/

Edited by ryoder

I follow a number of UK moto-vloggers, and one of them (Richy Vida)  just posted this first-person account of getting COVID-19. A couple things I found very interesting were: How he thinks he caught it, and how abruptly the assorted symptoms presented:

"Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson said in a new interview that he took oleander extract, an unapproved herbal supplement that has been promoted by the CEO of MyPillow, after contracting COVID-19.

The Washington Post reports Carson, a former neurosurgeon, said he took the extract after it was recommended by Mike Lindell. Lindell, who also served as President Trump's Minnesota campaign chairman, has a financial stake in the company that makes the extract, the Post notes.

Carson told the newspaper that his symptoms disappeared within hours after taking the supplement, also called oleandrin.

Anybody who has ever gotten COVID and taken it, they are fine in five hours, and the next day are running around playing floor hockey in the hallway,” Lindell has said, despite the lack of scientific evidence to suggests oleander extract is useful in treating COVID-19."

spacer.png

HA!!! Dr. Fauci just gave a public speech on the new vaccine development. His exact words: Fauci defended the quick vaccine development process. “The process of the speed did not compromise at all safety, nor did it compromise scientific integrity,” he said.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-11-19-20-intl/index.html

Suck it!!! I freaking told you this could be done quickly. Now go ahead and tell the families of all those who are dead that 'good thing we took our time and did things slowly'. Freaking unbelievable. Dragging our feet more will just result in more deaths. Current projections show as many as 650,000 dead by March. That is more deaths than the single leading cause of death in the USA. If we get that many, COVID will be the #1 cause of death in the USA.

Edited by Westerly

3 hours ago, Westerly said:

HA!!! Dr. Fauci just gave a public speech on the new vaccine development. His exact words: Fauci defended the quick vaccine development process. “The process of the speed did not compromise at all safety, nor did it compromise scientific integrity,” he said.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-11-19-20-intl/index.html

Suck it!!! I freaking told you this could be done quickly. Now go ahead and tell the families of all those who are dead that 'good thing we took our time and did things slowly'. Freaking unbelievable. Dragging our feet more will just result in more deaths. Current projections show as many as 650,000 dead by March. That is more deaths than the single leading cause of death in the USA. If we get that many, COVID will be the #1 cause of death in the USA.

What Fauci is saying according to what you quoted is not that the devt. process could have been done faster, but that the current development process, which you habitually call "dragging our feet" acutally is a really fast development.

Vaccine development normally takes years, if not decades. The COVID vaccine reached its final stages in a fraction of this time.

This was achieved by enourmous money grants to several or even many companies and institutions around the world. This translates in state of the art equipment, enough(?) manpower in all stages of development and testing and also into very large initial clinical trial-groups.

Another factor which greatly improves the timelines is that the authorities at an FDA-level are doing their review in parallel to the development of the vaccine; they look over the shoulder of the scientists, so to speak. Normally they would wait until all data of one or even all clinical trials is/are available, which is a way more cost-effective method. This last bit is poorly explained, I'm aware, but I get lost in translation once more.

I just delivered a load of lumber to a pallet manufacturing plant in Gretna Nebraska near Omaha. It looked like there would’ve been about 150 people working there today. The only mask in sight was the one on my face. I’m on my way to Kansas City now to get a reload at a warehouse. We’ll see if they’re doing any better there.

46 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I just delivered a load of lumber to a pallet manufacturing plant in Gretna Nebraska near Omaha. It looked like there would’ve been about 150 people working there today. The only mask in sight was the one on my face. I’m on my way to Kansas City now to get a reload at a warehouse. We’ll see if they’re doing any better there.

Stay safe down there:mask:

3 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Something I've found is that the bigger the company, the better chance of masks.

Not an absolute rule, but for sure large corporations with HR departments are all going to be on the mask thing. I've been to a couple medium sized places lately where politics rules the day and covid safety is seen as incorrect.

53 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Hi Robert,

And does another R senator:  'Sen. Rick Scott of Florida tests positive for COVID-19'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/11/20/u-s-sen-rick-scott-florida-tests-positive-covid-19/6354712002/

Not a lot going for the R's right now.

Jerry Baumchen

7 hours ago, gowlerk said:

They are just trying to keep the money local by ensuring that the hospitals get plenty of business, that's all. Support small businesses and all. After the hospitals get their business, the bankruptcy attorneys will be next in line for an inrush of business. Not until the ER bill shows up in the mail that is though.

Edited by Westerly

However, we dont need a vaccine to fix this in the interm. It's simple. Anytime the positivity rate is over 7.5% in a community, enter into lockdown for a minimum of 4 weeks or until positivity rate drops below 5%. No non-essential services. Then let the market decide. Want to keep your job and business? Then do your part and be a part of the solution. Dont give a shit and want to chose 'freedom' instead? Then have the freedom to not have a job. Unemployment benefits are capped at whatever the usual is for the state. Once you're out, you're out.

Edited by Westerly

12 hours ago, ryoder said:

Andrew Giuliani, a special assistant to President Donald Trump and the son of Rudy Giuliani, announced Friday that he had tested positive for coronavirus.

Well Rudy was all over TV sweating like a mofo, so my money is Rudy is positive as well.

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

Georgia Sen. Kelly Loeffler tests positive for Covid but is undergoing further testing

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/politics/kelly-loeffler-tests-positive-covid-georgia/index.html

"Ms. Loeffler has worn masks while interacting with people, but was indoors and unmasked among unmasked crowds at an event on Thursday."

Stupid is as stupid does.