2 2
gowlerk

covid-19

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, kallend said:

The USA has 18 times the deaths from the virus in the last 2 weeks than the rest of the G7 nations combined.

What do they have they we don't?

I suggest competent and concerned leadership.

One possibility.  I'm thinking overcrowded living conditions...unclean people in general...people who don't believe the pandemic to be real...lots of possibilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, airdvr said:

One possibility.  I'm thinking overcrowded living conditions...unclean people in general...people who don't believe the pandemic to be real...lots of possibilities.

 

Occam's razor suggests negligence, ignorance and malpractice from national leadership is the biggest difference between US and the other G7 nations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kallend said:

 

Occam's razor suggests negligence, ignorance and malpractice from national leadership is the biggest difference between US and the other G7 nations.

You mean like when Pelosi was urging people to come to Chinatown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Among other things, that was in late February. Things have changed since then. I went to an indoor concert in March, but wouldn't today. And I wouldh ave been wrong to do so in March had I lived in NYC -- but might not have realized it.

Wendy P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Enlighten me...

1.  It was in February, when Trump said "15 cases, soon to be zero" and other hopelessly erroneous remarks.

2. Long ago debunked lies from Trump:
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/trump-adds-new-falsehood-to-pelosi-chinatown-claims/

Are you trying to wrestle Stupid Post of the Month from Turtle?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kallend said:

1.  It was in February, when Trump said "15 cases, soon to be zero" and other hopelessly erroneous remarks.

2. Long ago debunked lies from Trump:
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/trump-adds-new-falsehood-to-pelosi-chinatown-claims/

Are you trying to wrestle Stupid Post of the Month from Turtle?

 

Hi John,

Only 9 more days to go; get your entries in ASAP.

Jerry Baumchen

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

February 2 — Global Air Travel Is Restricted

By 5 pm on Sunday, those en route to the United States have to have left China or they can face a 2-week home-based quarantine if they had been in Hubei province. Mainland visitors, however, will need to undergo health screenings upon their return, and foreign nationals can even be denied admittance. Other countries beginning to impose similar air-travel restrictions at this point include Australia, Germany, Italy, and New Zealand.

February 3 — US Declares Public Health Emergency

The Trump administration declares a public health emergency due to the coronavirus outbreak. The announcement comes 3 days after WHO declared a Global Health Emergency as more than 9800 cases of the virus and more than 200 deaths had been confirmed worldwide.

February 10 — China’s COVID-19 Deaths Exceed Those of SARS Crisis

The COVID-19 death toll surpasses that of the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) outbreak from 17 years ago, totaling 908 reported deaths in China in the last month compared with 774 deaths in the SARS crisis.

February 24 - Nancy wants to have a party in Chinatown

February 25 — CDC Says COVID-19 Is Heading Toward Pandemic Status

Explaining what would signify a pandemic, Nancy Messonnier, MD, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, says that thus far COVID-19 meets 2 of the 3 required factors: illness resulting in death and sustained person-to-person spread. Worldwide spread is the third criteria not yet met at the time.

if you think my post qualifies for the :"Stupid Post of the month" have at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi John,

Only 9 more days to go; get your entries in ASAP.

Jerry Baumchen

 

 

41 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Facts aren't widely used to form opinions and make decisions. 

I think Jerry is the one that said lack of facts and weaseling away from the truth is the trump way. I could be wrong but who really cares. Joe is right about the no--science way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Facts aren't widely used to form opinions and make decisions.

"Biases and blind spots exist in big data as much as they do in individual perceptions and experiences. Yet there is a problematic belief that bigger data is always better data and that correlation is as good as causation." - Kate Crawford
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, airdvr said:

February 2 — Global Air Travel Is Restricted

By 5 pm on Sunday, those en route to the United States have to have left China or they can face a 2-week home-based quarantine if they had been in Hubei province. Mainland visitors, however, will need to undergo health screenings upon their return, and foreign nationals can even be denied admittance. Other countries beginning to impose similar air-travel restrictions at this point include Australia, Germany, Italy, and New Zealand.

February 3 — US Declares Public Health Emergency

The Trump administration declares a public health emergency due to the coronavirus outbreak. The announcement comes 3 days after WHO declared a Global Health Emergency as more than 9800 cases of the virus and more than 200 deaths had been confirmed worldwide.

February 10 — China’s COVID-19 Deaths Exceed Those of SARS Crisis

The COVID-19 death toll surpasses that of the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) outbreak from 17 years ago, totaling 908 reported deaths in China in the last month compared with 774 deaths in the SARS crisis.

February 24 - Nancy wants to have a party in Chinatown

February 25 — CDC Says COVID-19 Is Heading Toward Pandemic Status

Explaining what would signify a pandemic, Nancy Messonnier, MD, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, says that thus far COVID-19 meets 2 of the 3 required factors: illness resulting in death and sustained person-to-person spread. Worldwide spread is the third criteria not yet met at the time.

if you think my post qualifies for the :"Stupid Post of the month" have at it.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/trump-adds-new-falsehood-to-pelosi-chinatown-claims/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coreece said:

"Biases and blind spots exist in big data as much as they do in individual perceptions and experiences. Yet there is a problematic belief that bigger data is always better data and that correlation is as good as causation." - Kate Crawford
 

Not my point. Simply, people don't rely on facts as much as they do emotion, social media noise, how their team thinks, and information that supports preconceived notions. By and large people are intellectually lazy. Ideas that challenge held views are too often immediately discarded. That's the reason slogans like FAKE NEWS and HOAX are so effective. Believing the slogan is easy and you won't be alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kallend said:

1.  It was in February, when Trump said "15 cases, soon to be zero" and other hopelessly erroneous remarks.

2. Long ago debunked lies from Trump:
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/trump-adds-new-falsehood-to-pelosi-chinatown-claims/

Are you trying to wrestle Stupid Post of the Month from Turtle?

 

Every time you post something like this - I know I get my mail at the address in your head.

Life is amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump in March:  "We’re opening up this incredible country. Because we have to do that. I would love to have it open by Easter. I would love to have that. It’s such an important day for other reasons, but I’d love to make it an important day for this. I would love to have the country opened up, and rarin’ to go by Easter. . . .Wouldn’t it be great to have all the churches full?  You’ll have packed churches all over our country … I think it’ll be a beautiful time."

Easter 2020: 1800 deaths, 28,000 new cases

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, billvon said:

Trump in March:  "We’re opening up this incredible country. Because we have to do that. I would love to have it open by Easter. I would love to have that. It’s such an important day for other reasons, but I’d love to make it an important day for this. I would love to have the country opened up, and rarin’ to go by Easter. . . .Wouldn’t it be great to have all the churches full?  You’ll have packed churches all over our country … I think it’ll be a beautiful time."

Easter 2020: 1800 deaths, 28,000 new cases

Yup...that's what he said and he was wrong.  So was Nancy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

2 2