5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

On 7/25/2020 at 11:52 AM, yoink said:

yeah. So Fauci is doing EXACTLY what you do.

Didn’t you just start a thread on hypocrisy?

Who was it that recently that stated the leaders should be held to a higher standard than the average citizen?  I wonder if you agreed with them when they posted that.

18 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Who was it that recently that stated the leaders should be held to a higher standard than the average citizen?  I wonder if you agreed with them when they posted that.

So you tell us who it was.  Or did you just make it up?

(edited)
3 hours ago, kallend said:

So you tell us who it was.  Or did you just make it up?

If I knew, I would have said "Poster X said . . . " Because I didn't know, I asked a question.  The question started with "Who".  Did you miss that part?

To use your own phrasing from earlier: What part of "Who was it that recently that stated the leaders should be held to a higher standard than the average citizen?" are you having difficulty with?

Edited by turtlespeed

On 7/28/2020 at 11:34 AM, turtlespeed said:

If I knew, I would have said "Poster X said . . . " Because I didn't know, I asked a question.  The question started with "Who".  Did you miss that part?

To use your own phrasing from earlier: What part of "Who was it that recently that stated the leaders should be held to a higher standard than the average citizen?" are you having difficulty with?

Ah, so you did make it up.  Thought so.

1 minute ago, kallend said:

And another idiot who exercised his right to be irresponsible:

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/29/896703068/texas-republican-rep-gohmert-tests-positive-for-covid-19-after-rebuffing-masks

Texas Republican Rep. Gohmert Tests Positive For COVID-19 After Rebuffing Masks

You post that like it is a guarantee that you will not get the Rona if you wear a mask.

That's dishonest.

8 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

You post that like it is a guarantee that you will not get the Rona if you wear a mask.

That's dishonest.

No, his post was nothing like that.  What you did is called a strawman argument.   Since you could not make any argument against what he posted, you made up an imaginary position for Kallend to have - "Kallend thinks you are guaranteed not to get COVID-19 if you wear a mask" - so you can argue against that instead.  You get very angry when people do that to you.

9 minutes ago, billvon said:

No, his post was nothing like that.  What you did is called a strawman argument.   Since you could not make any argument against what he posted, you made up an imaginary position for Kallend to have - "Kallend thinks you are guaranteed not to get COVID-19 if you wear a mask" - so you can argue against that instead.  You get very angry when people do that to you.

Incredulous - not angry - But you are right - That was my own interpretation of what he posted.

3 hours ago, kallend said:

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/29/896703068/texas-republican-rep-gohmert-tests-positive-for-covid-19-after-rebuffing-masks

Another bonafide pro-trump idiot dies of covid. The co-founder of conservative student group Turning Point USA, Bill Montgomery, has died from complications of the coronavirus,...

“I really wish people would just stop politicizing this pandemic and grow up while innocent people around us are dying,” Hull also said. “You have no idea how painful it is to be forced to sit at home while your loved one dies alone in a hospital.”...

one of Montgomery’s goals was to get Kirk, a close ally of Donald Trump Jr., elected president one day. Maggio called Montgomery “a conservative through and through” who “wore it as a badge of honor.”..Over the course of the pandemic, Turning Point USA representatives have downplayed the impact of the coronavirus on public life."

3 hours ago, billvon said:

Did he really call it "the Rona?" Why not Number 3? We know what Number 2 and 1 are: brain dead, tight ass ways to say shitting and pissing when pooping and peeing are too offensive and real for poor Grandma to mouth. Maybe when victims are drowning in their own lung fluid in ICU we can call it Doing Da Gargle? That's cutesy enough to make it normalized.

(edited)
1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Did he really call it "the Rona?" Why not Number 3? We know what Number 2 and 1 are: brain dead, tight ass ways to say shitting and pissing when pooping and peeing are too offensive and real for poor Grandma to mouth. Maybe when victims are drowning in their own lung fluid in ICU we can call it Doing Da Gargle? That's cutesy enough to make it normalized.

It needs to be normalized.  Its here forever now.

What's interesting is what triggers you and what you make light of.

Edited by turtlespeed

6 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

That's dishonest.

There’s no guarantee. But your chances of passing it on if you have it go down a whole.fucking.lot if you wear a mask. 
Wendy P. 

17 hours ago, kallend said:

And now he says he will be taking HCQ.  STupid is as stupid does.

18 hours ago, kallend said:

This is Dr. Stella Immanuel, quoted yesterday by Trump as evidence of the efficacy of Hydroxychloroquine:

Trump defended retweeting the video on Wednesday. 

"I was very impressed with her and other doctors who stood with her," Trump told reporters.

Impressed with a raving nutjob.  Why am I not surprised?

18 hours ago, kallend said:

Seen on Twitter this morning: Louie Gohmert would be fine today if only he hadn’t been tested.

LOL

(edited)
8 minutes ago, ScottishJohn said:

He is claiming that he could have caught it from his mask

Yep, always double down when dealt that hand!

Only way to blame masks is if they give you a false sense of security, but that still would be categorized under ignorance.

Edited by Coreece

The editor of The Lancet accuses President Trump of a ‘crime against humanity’ for cutting World Health Organization funding during a pandemic. He blames British Prime Minister Boris Johnson for thousands of excess deaths.”

He writes:

“The story of covid-19 in the United States is one of the strangest paradoxes of the whole pandemic.  No other country in the world has the concentration of scientific skill, technical knowledge and productive capacity possessed by the U.S. It is the world’s scientific superpower bar none. And yet this colossus of science utterly failed to bring its expertise successfully to bear on the policy and politics of the nation’s response.”

Hi folks,

I received this in an email this morning:

From Dr. Fauci. 

“Chickenpox is a virus. Lots of people have had it, and probably don't think about it much once the initial illness has passed. But it stays in your body and lives there forever, and maybe when you're older, you have debilitatingly painful outbreaks of shingles. You don't just get over this virus in a few weeks, never to have another health effect. We know this because it's been around for years, and has been studied medically for years. 

Herpes is also a virus. And once someone has it, it stays in your body and lives there forever, and anytime they get a little run down or stressed-out they're going to have an outbreak. Maybe every time you have a big event coming up (school pictures, job interview, big date) you're going to get a cold sore. For the rest of your life. You don't just get over it in a few weeks. We know this because it's been around for years, and been studied medically for years. 

HIV is a virus. It attacks the immune system and makes the carrier far more vulnerable to other illnesses. It has a list of symptoms and negative health impacts that goes on and on. It was decades before viable treatments were developed that allowed people to live with a reasonable quality of life. Once you have it, it lives in your body forever and there is no cure. Over time, that takes a toll on the body, putting people living with HIV at greater risk for health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, diabetes, bone disease, liver disease, cognitive disorders, and some types of cancer. We know this because it has been around for years, and had been studied medically for years. 

Now with COVID-19, we have a novel virus that spreads rapidly and easily. The full spectrum of symptoms and health effects is only just beginning to be cataloged, much less understood. 
So far the symptoms may include: 
Fever 
Fatigue 
Coughing 
Pneumonia 
Chills/Trembling 
Acute respiratory distress 
Lung damage (potentially permanent) 
Loss of taste (a neurological symptom) 
Sore throat 
Headaches 
Difficulty breathing 
Mental confusion 
Diarrhea 
Nausea or vomiting 
Loss of appetite 
Strokes have also been reported in some people who have COVID-19 (even in the relatively young) 
Swollen eyes 
Blood clots 
Seizures 
Liver damage 
Kidney damage 
Rash 
COVID toes (weird, right?) 

People testing positive for COVID-19 have been documented to be sick even after 60 days. Many people are sick for weeks, get better, and then experience a rapid and sudden flare up and get sick all over again. A man in Seattle was hospitalized for 62 days, and while well enough to be released, still has a long road of recovery ahead of him. Not to mention a $1.1 million medical bill. 

Then there is MIS-C. Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children is a condition where different body parts can become inflamed, including the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, skin, eyes, or gastrointestinal organs. Children with MIS-C may have a fever and various symptoms, including abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, neck pain, rash, bloodshot eyes, or feeling extra tired. While rare, it has caused deaths. 

This disease has not been around for years. It has basically been 6 months. No one knows yet the long-term health effects, or how it may present itself years down the road for people who have been exposed. We literally *do not know* what we do not know. 

For those in our society who suggest that people being cautious are cowards, for people who refuse to take even the simplest of precautions to protect themselves and those around them, I want to ask, without hyperbole and in all sincerity: 
How dare you? 

How dare you risk the lives of others so cavalierly. How dare you decide for others that they should welcome exposure as "getting it over with", when literally no one knows who will be the lucky "mild symptoms" case, and who may fall ill and die. Because while we know that some people are more susceptible to suffering a more serious case, we also know that 20 and 30-year-olds have died, marathon runners and fitness nuts have died, children and infants have died. 

How dare you behave as though you know more than medical experts, when those same experts acknowledge that there is so much we don't yet know, but with what we DO know, are smart enough to be scared of how easily this is spread, and recommend baseline precautions such as: 
Frequent hand-washing 
Physical distancing 
Reduced social/public contact or interaction 
Mask wearing 
Covering your cough or sneeze 
Avoiding touching your face 
Sanitizing frequently touched surfaces 

The more things we can all do to mitigate our risk of exposure, the better off we all are, in my opinion. Not only does it flatten the curve and allow health care providers to maintain levels of service that aren't immediately and catastrophically overwhelmed; it also reduces unnecessary suffering and deaths, and buys time for the scientific community to study the virus in order to come to a more full understanding of the breadth of its impacts in both the short and long term. 

I reject the notion that it's "just a virus" and we'll all get it eventually. What a careless, lazy, heartless stance.” 

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 3