5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

9 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

...So two weeks ago Fauci warned the lack of breadth in the US shutdown was leading to new cases. Now he has come out again with the same statement as the cause of current US exploding infections.

Just too bad that these factors in infection have to be searched instead of coming from the WH. Too bad that minds like Fauci are forbidden by trump to tell it like it is from the WH podium. Ten million by the election?

Easily. We added another million in 15 days. At that rate, another 6 mil in 90 days is just math.
I wouldn't be surprised if we're accelerating, too. 

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

If you test negative yesterday you can be positive yesterday.Just sayin.

Very true.|

But if you tested negative yesterday, it's pretty unlikely (not impossible) that you could be infectious today. 

So anyone who tests negative yesterday can most likely interact with people who are already close (wife & close friends) with little to no risk to those others.

And that pic is just stupid. How long did that photog sit there and wait for Faucci to pull his mask down to take a drink, just to get a pic of him with his mask down. 

In case nobody is paying attention, there's a gazillion pics & videos out there of him wearing it (properly) in public.

12 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Easily. We added another million in 15 days. At that rate, another 6 mil in 90 days is just math.
I wouldn't be surprised if we're accelerating, too. 

Very true.|

But if you tested negative yesterday, it's pretty unlikely (not impossible) that you could be infectious today. 

So anyone who tests negative yesterday can most likely interact with people who are already close (wife & close friends) with little to no risk to those others.

And that pic is just stupid. How long did that photog sit there and wait for Faucci to pull his mask down to take a drink, just to get a pic of him with his mask down. 

In case nobody is paying attention, there's a gazillion pics & videos out there of him wearing it (properly) in public.

Fauci has served six US presidents. President trump has defined the C-19 virus as a war and himself as a wartime president. Yet the GOP/trump right wing has decided to attack Fauci's legitimate credibility.Because truth threatens trump's narrative of covid impotence. To the detriment of the war and of American lives.

The attacks have degraded the ability of US health authorities to save American lives in this war. That picture has one purpose and Mr. Fauci has never acted to the detriment of his duties. Like Mattis he has served and bit his tongue in the face of lies and unjust criticism.

That picture has one purpose.Just too bad some don't recognize its purpose.

8 hours ago, yoink said:

yeah. So Fauci is doing EXACTLY what you do.

Didn’t you just start a thread on hypocrisy?

I'm not the one saying everyone should mask up.  If Fauci believes it he should set a good example. BTW...I have no problem with the mask requirement.

9 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I'm not the one saying everyone should mask up.  If Fauci believes it he should set a good example. BTW...I have no problem with the mask requirement.

You simply have a problem with authority? Why else would you have tried to ding Fauci? 

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

He does. He has for a while now. 

He did say that masks were not really necessary. Back in March. 

The full comment was along the lines of:

When there's no community spread, masks aren't needed.

Of course, the Alt-Right crowd takes that completely out of context and runs with it.

Just like that pic. 

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

I'm not the one saying everyone should mask up. 

Everyone should.

It is not possible to drink through a mask.  You have to take your mask off for that.  And as long as you do it while you are isolated from other groups of people - it's not a big risk.

What's next?  Are you going to see a picture of him holding hands with his wife and say "What a fucking hypocrite!  He tells us not to come into close contact with people - but for him it's OK?"

19 minutes ago, ScottishJohn said:

This is why you have thousands dying each day

Local television stations owned by the Sinclair Broadcast Group are set to air a conspiracy theory that suggests Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top expert on infectious diseases, was responsible for the creation of the coronavirus.

And we can just imagine the new thread started here (and places like this) the next day: "Things that make you think" and

"Can you dispute any of the facts?"

Wendy P.

5 hours ago, wmw999 said:

And we can just imagine the new thread started here (and places like this) the next day: "Things that make you think" and  "Can you dispute any of the facts?"

And when he or one of his family is injured or killed - "well, I certainly don't condone that!  But reasons."

6 hours ago, ScottishJohn said:

This is why you have thousands dying each day

Local television stations owned by the Sinclair Broadcast Group are set to air a conspiracy theory that suggests Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top expert on infectious diseases, was responsible for the creation of the coronavirus.

Hi John,

THIS is why I do not watch the news on Channel 2, KATU ( Sinclair outlet ) in Portland, Oregon.

The above is not their first time spreading B***S***.

Jerry Baumchen

51 minutes ago, kallend said:

Well, that didn't take long:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/marlins-orioles-game-postponed-due-to-covid-19-outbreak-resulting-in-at-least-11-player-cases/

Marlins-Orioles game postponed due to COVID-19 outbreak resulting in at least 11 player cases

Testing every other day of everyone involved, hand sanitizing half way through each inning, etc. For trump all OK to open schools for kids. " MLB took care of the upfront cost of reconfiguring the facility to handle COVID-19 tests: $250,000 to purchase the necessary lab instruments and $1.325 million for testing reagents, according to a league spokesman."

The sad state regarding the lack of information and resources in the US fight against C-19. Is laid out by the National Association of County and City Health Officials. It objected to the WH blocking $25 billion for contact tracing and enhanced testing. It has stated that with the current levels of covid infections the US needs 100,000 contact tracers. Which would cost $3.7 billion. The US federal government has spent nothing to support contact tracing.

Arkansas as an example has announced plans to hire 350 contact tracers which if completed would bring the total to 900, 3722 are needed at current infection numbers."In Florida, where the pandemic is surging terribly, the same estimator calculates that 291 tracers per 100,000 residents are needed. Yet as of early July, the state had only seven per 100,000."

On 7/26/2020 at 1:01 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

THIS is why I do not watch the news on Channel 2, KATU ( Sinclair outlet ) in Portland, Oregon.

You still have TV in Portland?  I watched 20 minutes of Fox this morning and got the impression that it was gone...the whole place, burned to the ground.

19 minutes ago, lippy said:

You still have TV in Portland?  I watched 20 minutes of Fox this morning and got the impression that it was gone...the whole place, burned to the ground.

Yep.  And the protesters were all large, violent black men who hated America.

Trump retweeted a slew of posts praising controversial drug hydroxychloroquine for treating COVID-19. He shared (twice) a video of Dr. Stella Immanuel's speech outside Capitol Hill on Friday where she claimed the anti-malaria drug is a 'cure' for the virus. Both times the video was removed from Twitter

He also retweeted a post that claimed Dr. Anthony Fauci is leading the country in the wrong direction by refusing to endorse the use of the anti-malaria drug in combating COVID-19. 

This is Trumps new "Sharpiegate". He is determined to find something to prove himself right regarding the use of hydroxychloroquine for treating COVID-19 that he is willing to promote every quack that agrees with him regardless of what the real experts advise. 

Trump doesn't care how many die as long as he is proved right 

2 hours ago, ScottishJohn said:

...Trump doesn't care how many die as long as he is proved right

1696 Americans died yesterday which would have added 1051 men, women and children to the trump Death Clock. All you need to know about America today, he is and always will be wrong.

Child hospitalizations from Covid-19 surge 23% in Florida as schools statewide must reopen

A 9-year-old who died of coronavirus had no known underlying health issues, family says. Kimmie is the fifth minor in Florida to die from Covid-19, according to the latest health records. The others were an 11-year-old boy in Miami-Dade County, an 11-year-old girl in Broward County, a 16-year-old girl in Lee County and a 17-year-old boy in Pasco County."

'Thanks, but no thanks' - Norwegians reject Trump's immigration offer. Norway has 10% of the Covid infections and deaths as compared to the US,per capita.

Do you think people from the EU, from Norway, will immigrate to the US like trump wants?

Trump donated $100,000 of his salary to fight coronavirus.

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees announced Monday that he and his wife Brittany are donating $5 million through the Brees Dream Foundation to help build healthcare centers throughout the state of Louisiana." Which would be his second $5 million donation to fight covid.

• Like 1