5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Palin was picked to pander to the people who later became known as the deplorables, but are really the more religious and conservative activists who did not really trust McCain because he was too moderate. And she did appeal to them. But she turned off others in a way eerily similar to the way Hilary turned turned off other people. Both scary women. 

Negative, nope, not so. She was picked to pander to the suburban white nationalist housewife segment of the electorate. And yessiree Bob, that's a real thing. I recall being in San Diego, where BillVon is a major influencer, when she was picked. The rich white lady coalition was just a giggle and agog with their "new doo-waddy" as I recall her being referenced. Just sayin'.

(edited)
8 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

She was picked to pander to the suburban white nationalist housewife segment of the electorate. And yessiree Bob, that's a real thing.

Well then, that didn't work. Those women went for Obama in droves. Karens don't like other Karens, they want the manager.

Edited by gowlerk

3 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Palin was picked to pander to the people who later became known as the deplorables, but are really the more religious and conservative activists who did not really trust McCain because he was too moderate. And she did appeal to them. But she turned off others in a way eerily similar to the way Hilary turned turned off other people. Both scary women. 

There was also a creepily large number of republican men who went with the "VPILF" angle.  They even sold hats and Tshirts.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

There was also a creepily large number of republican men who went with the "VPILF" angle.  They even sold hats and Tshirts.

And I was so told at meals with guys I didn't know who definitely didn't know me. Weird or worse I thought.

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

And I was so told at meals with guys I didn't know who definitely didn't know me. Weird or worse I thought.

Palin is awesome because these self important republican guys would totally do her.

Also, Harris is a whore because she did all these important guys.

19 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Ken (Gowlerk),

So, where are you now:  Freedom Convoy: Why Canadian truckers are protesting in Ottawa - BBC News

Jerry Baumchen

I wish I could remember where I saw the video snippet this morning of a reporter asking for a comment from a Canadian trucker speaking through the drivers window of his tractor-trailer rig. His comment went something like:

"Bunch of dumbasses!  You can't even cross the US border without being vaccinated.  You want to work? Get vaccinated!"

15 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I wish I could remember where I saw the video snippet this morning of a reporter asking for a comment from a Canadian trucker speaking through the drivers window of his tractor-trailer rig. His comment went something like:

"Bunch of dumbasses!  You can't even cross the US border without being vaccinated.  You want to work? Get vaccinated!"

Yeah. Even if Canada rescinded it's mandate, the US still has one that starts soon (today?).

34 minutes ago, ryoder said:

It started a week ago (Jan 22) per info I found.

Thanks. I did a quick search, but the stories I read didn't have the exact date.

I'm vaxed, so I wouldn't have to worry about it, and I don't cross into Canada anymore so its not on my 'list of shit I need to care about.'

3 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Possible job opening with the Washington State Patrol:  Former state trooper, 50, who told off Gov. Jay Inslee over vaccine mandate, dies, reportedly of COVID-19 - oregonlive.com

Jerry Baumchen

Well, his job was already open.

He was one of the very few who quit rather than get vaxed.

He's made the Herman Cain Awards.

On 1/29/2022 at 12:07 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Ken (Gowlerk),

So, where are you now:  Freedom Convoy: Why Canadian truckers are protesting in Ottawa - BBC News

Jerry Baumchen

I happened to find myself, unplanned, in the middle of this mess on the weekend. Possibly the dumbest thing I have seen in quite some time.

Protesting against the federal government to end provincial mandates.

Protesting against the federal government to end a mandate that would change nothing, considering the US has the same mandate.

A lot of support for white nationalism and a lot of disrespect for those who fought and died for actual freedom.

It really should be illegal to round up that many 60 IQ people and parade them around.

On 1/29/2022 at 2:07 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Ken (Gowlerk),

Jerry Baumchen

I didn't see this Saturday. I crossed the border that day at Emerson MB/Pembina ND. I  lost 3 1/4 hours crawling along for 4 miles behind the assholes blocking the highway with something they are calling a "slow roll". But it's all good for me anyway because I'll still make my delivery on schedule in Plant City FL Wednesday AM. The good news is that the company I work for gave us a huge increase in our US mileage bonus that will work out to a net 20% increase in pay for me.

On 1/29/2022 at 6:24 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, his job was already open.

He was one of the very few who quit rather than get vaxed.

He's made the Herman Cain Awards.

He quit, rather than take a job reassignment that he would had to, if he invoked his allowed religious exemption.

Funny, Fox "News" was parading him all around back when he quit.  Now, there has been no mention at all that he died, much less that it was from covid.

https://www.mediamatters.org/coronavirus-covid-19/fox-news-wanted-viewers-hear-anti-vax-troopers-story-until-he-died-covid

9 hours ago, headoverheels said:

He quit, rather than take a job reassignment that he would had to, if he invoked his allowed religious exemption.

Funny, Fox "News" was parading him all around back when he quit.  Now, there has been no mention at all that he died, much less that it was from covid.

https://www.mediamatters.org/coronavirus-covid-19/fox-news-wanted-viewers-hear-anti-vax-troopers-story-until-he-died-covid

Yeah. "Funny" how big of a hero he was...

Until he disappeared.

For those who haven't visited Reddit's "Herman Cain Awards", they are pretty savage.
They don't pull punches.
They call idiots idiots. 
They don't have 'respect for the dead' when the dead people died from willful ignorance and are the ones perpetuating the pandemic.

This is the post for LaMay.
It starts off with a rather scathing FB post about his choice and the people who supported it...
Until he died.

The comments are not terribly nice. But the truth of this situation isn't very nice either:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

I wish there was a way to make everyone who is refusing to get vaccinated due to some perverse notion of "Freedom" read this. 

Not gonna happen. 

They would ignore it, pretend it's 'fake news', pretend it 'can't happen to ME", whatever.
Just like Fox is no longer calling him a 'hero', or anything else. He's just disappeared.

Seriously, look through some of the other stuff on that page. 
They are ALL THE SAME

Same stupidity (they all misspell the same words).
Same memes.
Same "Covid's no joke".
Same calls for 'Prayer Warriors' to save them.
Same end (some don't die, but those that survive 'incubation' usually have serious long-term problems).

I have nobody in my personal circle that's like this. 

I have a couple friends on FB that are. I keep trying to point out that the vax is NOT killing people, that it's fairly effective (not perfect) and that the mitigation protocols help.
They keep pretending that the vax is what people are dying of (quoting VAERS directly) that the vaxed are dying by the thousands and ignoring how many unvaxed are sick and dying.

We're a long way from being done with this. 
The Omicron wave is dying down, but the UK is seeing a hell of a renewed spike, likely due to "Omicron-2". 

It's not going to be a fun spring.
Or summer, most likely.

(edited)
2 hours ago, GeorgiaDon said:

I wish there was a way to make everyone who is refusing to get vaccinated due to some perverse notion of "Freedom" read this. 

"Read this"? is there a shortage of covid information at two plus years and counting?

At his stage of the pandemic my first reaction is I feel sorry for the family and medical staff. Who dealt and are still dealing with this death. Then I think that be it Joe Rogan, trump and the aforementioned idiot. Its too bad that the disease isn't more lethal.

Current epidemiological thinking is that herd immunity is as far as its likely going to get. So everything is going to open up regardless. That many have been already been vaccinated 3x so its time to loosen restrictions. I guess the immune-comprimised are just going under the wheels of the public interest bus.

Edited by Phil1111