5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

25 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I think this sums up the current state of the US quite well. When even a SC Justice doesn't give a fuck about his fellow justice or the Chief Justice.

Why should one man mildly inconvenience himself to protect the life of another member of society - a WOMAN at that?  I mean, that's not American!  Ask not what your country can do for you, ask how you can harm your countrymen and all that.

43 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

No, that’s Kavanaugh. Gorsuch is something of an ideologue, but doesn’t appear to have a history of assault. Gorsuch cares about his freedom, and others’ responsibility

Wendy P. 

It’s so hard to keep track of the Federalist Society judges.

1 hour ago, yoink said:

Antivax Czech singer deliberately contracts Covid to gain natural immunity. Says she is recovering. Dies 2 days later.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60050996

*shrug.

Can’t fix stupid.

Yup.

There are places that have exceptions to the vax requirements for people that have had it.
So there are anti-vax morons throwing "Covid parties" to catch it.

The problem is that 'catching it' has a not small risk of bad things.

Like 'death'.

7 hours ago, DougH said:

Heard recently about an acquaintance whose unvaccinated 39 year old brother died from his Covid infection. He was married with kids.

Apparently he was in overall good health. What a stupid selfish way to prove a point. 

I don't think he proved any point except that stupid is as stupid does.

I keep seeing articles (just today in The Atlantic, for example) about how it is unethical to deny medical care to the willfully unvaccinated who then get sick.

I agree.  I think they should be given free supplies of ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine, along with free Clorox gargle.

22 minutes ago, kallend said:

I keep seeing articles (just today in The Atlantic, for example) about how it is unethical to deny medical care to the willfully unvaccinated who then get sick.

I agree.  I think they should be given free supplies of ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine, along with free Clorox gargle.

I don't necessarily disagree. But then I see the suffering covid patient. Most of which recognize the stupidity of not being vaccinated.

When they are sick in their covid infested beds. Struggling to breathe and to live. Well, only the most callus and heartless would refuse to treat them. After they are well and ready to be discharged. I'd give them a kick in the ass and when they straighten up from the impact of that boot. Hand them a bill for services rendered.

31 minutes ago, kallend said:

Yes, that would be unethical. It is also unethical to deliberately place yourself in harms way knowing that you could end up placing a strain on the over burdened hospital that could result in someone else not being able to get a badly needed ICU bed. Like doing BASE jumps and even sometimes skydiving unnecessarily. Is it ethical that high ranking members of society get first call on scarce resources like the latest anti-virals? The whole US healthcare system is based on ability to pay. Is that ethical?

There are no absolute answers.

No absolute answers at all. One thing I might be down with is that hospital-based patients are not allowed to get ivermectin; they have to be treated with reasonable remedies. And I might even be down with having a different fee structure for the ER for the unvaxed coming in with COVID that doesn't require hospitalization.

Want witch doctor treatment, stay home

Or that does, depending on my level of charity at any given moment.

Wendy P.

37 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Want witch doctor treatment, stay home

Or that does, depending on my level of charity at any given moment.

Wendy P.

My charity with these people expired some time ago.  If they want to get sick and die to make a political statement, let them.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

But then I see the suffering covid patient.

I can't help but wonder if that when the unvaxxed see that - it begets five vaccinations. I once had a wreck on my bike which launched me in the air and my head landed on a curb. My Shoei helmet was split in half instead of my head and I had a mild concussion. THE NEXT DAY - five guys I ride with went out and bought Shoei full face helmets. 

Looks like Meatloaf is the latest (likely) anti-vaxxer to die of COVID.  Some previous quotes from the singer:

"I hug people in the middle of COVID!"

"The masks we’re all wearing are useless.  But I’ve known that for six months. They don’t do anything. They don’t stop you from getting COVID. They’re just a nuisance and make your nose itch and make it so you can’t breathe.”

"if I die, I die, but I’m not going to be controlled."

He did not say he was anti-vaccine directly, but retweeted several other anti-vax memes from Van Morrison and Eric Clapton.   Just before his death his daughter posted that several people in her family had gotten COVID (although she had avoided it herself.)

https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/21/meat-loaf-dead-dies-singer/

I can't get on board with the no vax no treatment stance. I don't want our own single-payer system to start making calls on who gets in and who gets left to wait, other than regular triage, and if I want our (objectively better) system for those in the US, I should be maintaining that position.

On the other hand, I am in full support of measures that restrict the movements of the unvaccinated and reduce their exposure to the general population, and hence exposure to the disease.

If you won't take preventative measures, we will protect you from yourself. If you still get sick, you get treated just like everyone else. Hopefully you survive and maybe convince others of better choices.

8 hours ago, kallend said:

Well, all of those 'tens of thousands'* of health care workers than have been fired for refusing to get vaxed could open up a hospital.

Ivermectin, HQC, zinc & vitamins.
Bleach injections and UV lights up the butt.
Nebulized H2O2 instead of ventilators and oxygen.

Let the unvaxed morons go there.

* - For those that don't get my sarcasm, the numbers of unvaxed health care that refused the vax and got fired is actually pretty small. Mayo released a statement that they fired 700, out of 73000. Less than one percent. That is pretty typical from what I've heard & read.

The unique American way. There was a "transportation worker" who refused to be vaccinated. So he got covid, then became so sick he ended up on a ventilator.

Week after week went by and the hospital wanted to dis-connect him from the ventilator. So other people who had better prognosis could live. So his wife "pleaded for a lawyer’s help on the “Stew Peters Show,” a podcast whose host has falsely called coronavirus vaccines “poisonous shots” and given a platform to pandemic conspiracy theories."

She went on to say because only his lungs were bad. Well now its all in the courts. She went on further to say that his "brain was still good".

I guess this is where I side with John and the others who draw a hard line. Perhaps another unvaccinated will use the ventilator and get better.

6 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, all of those 'tens of thousands'* of health care workers than have been fired for refusing to get vaxed could open up a hospital.

Ivermectin, HQC, zinc & vitamins.
Bleach injections and UV lights up the butt.
Nebulized H2O2 instead of ventilators and oxygen.

Don't forget the urine and sperm smoothies.