5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

Whatever they're doing, they're wrong. They should just listen to Windsor.

That said, of course mistakes are made. Some of them honest, some of them egregious, some of them both. It's a new situation in this generation, with this technology. I'd say the results in terms of human life loss are probably better than they would have been 100 years ago, except that, well, there were fewer people, and the first one might not have been contagious enough to hit the countryside as hard. Cities will always bear the brunt of contagious epidemics.

So I guess we could just say that we're messing with evolution here, but, well, that's what most warm-blooded animals do -- they want THEIR offspring to be the ones to survive. I'm sure there are cold-blooded ones as well, but I'm not as familiar with them.

Wendy P.

15 hours ago, BIGUN said:

I just had to look that up and this was first:

"Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum, the funniest report I saw stated, “My penis swelled to ten times its size.”

Yes, my bad - it was five times larger than I remembered.

• Like 1

There goes another argument of the anti-vaxxers:  (Incidentally, why not call them pregnant women?)

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/unvaccinated-pregnant-people-are-at-higher-risk-for-covid-complications-newborn-deaths

Unvaccinated pregnant people who get COVID-19 are at much higher risk for complications from the disease and death of their babies than their vaccinated counterparts, according to a new study from Scotland.

Authors of the population-level study, published Thursday in Nature Medicine, examined data from all pregnant people across Scotland between December 2020 and October 2021 that included information on COVID-19 vaccination status and infection. Almost all of the pregnant people who needed critical care for COVID-19 — 102 out of 104 overall — were unvaccinated. There were over 450 total fetal and newborn deaths that coincided with COVID-19 — all among unvaccinated mothers.

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

The Australians bungled the whole thing terribly. But in the end with all the publicity it got maybe it will contribute to more people realizing that even if they don't believe they are better off getting vaccinated than not. It certainly is a lesson for those few refusing high profile sports stars that not everyone will accommodate them.

28 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Farts themselves, however, are not always funny. Especially if you can't kick them out of the airplane yet.

Wendy P.

Sure they are. Watching people restrain themselves from opening the door and tossing the farter out is almost as funny as the fart itself.

;P

(tolja - 'junior high level mentality')

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

More economic problems:  Greece imposed vaccine mandate for people 60 and up : Coronavirus Updates : NPR

We could take a lesson from them.

Jerry Baumchen

What lesson? We can't even do mask mandates. We just plain suck as a country these day's with no relief in sight.

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/politics_and_government/public_safety/frederick-county-firefighter-dies-from-covid-19-complications/article_3adbde69-a7e8-53ee-843c-8102cb548000.html

A couple of years ago, I was told that THIS would take someone close to me. Here we are. Let natural selection do it's job. Rest easy Chief. It's real and not going away, because ultimately people are selfish and dim witted about a lot of things. "WE" all better start thinking globally. Now excuse me, I have babies to love, bows to make and rock to flint knap! 

~Tim

(edited)
3 minutes ago, timski said:

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/politics_and_government/public_safety/frederick-county-firefighter-dies-from-covid-19-complications/article_3adbde69-a7e8-53ee-843c-8102cb548000.html

A couple of years ago, I was told that THIS would take someone close to me. Here we are. Let natural selection do it's job. Rest easy Chief. It's real and not going away, because ultimately people are selfish and dim witted about a lot of things. "WE" all better start thinking globally. Now excuse me, I have babies to love, bows to make and rock to flint knap! 

~Tim

Sorry to hear about your loss. Wish you well in the days to come.

Edited by SkyDekker
fat fingers
  • Like 1

I think this sums up the current state of the US quite well. When even a SC Justice doesn't give a fuck about his fellow justice or the Chief Justice. All about me, me, me.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/18/supreme-court-gorsuch-refused-to-wear-mask-despite-sotomayors-covid-concerns.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=Main&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1642521399

So I made the mistake of watching "Christian Today" TV show for a couple minutes today. Never knew i even got the channel but as I surfed by the channel they are doing a special on covid. They are interviewing a doctor "MD". The doctor goes on to explain that covid is a big conspiracy. "Its like all the statistics big media says about guns. Every year, "millions are killed each year by guns. But you never hear about the people saved by the use of guns to defend their homes. You also never hear about the NFL football players who get a covid shot and drop dead on the football field. Its all hushed up by the media.

You need to stop watching mainstream media."

Thats as far as I made it. I never got to watch the pitch for donations.Guns, covid conspiracies and Christianity. Coming soon to a channel closer than you think.