5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

3 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Wendy,

Re:  And what is your point about this?

Quite often I do a cut-n-paste out of a recent post.  Then I do a Slant & Bold to the quote.  I'm sure there are some on here who think that this is stupid.

IMO this lets people know exactly what I am talking about in any reply.

As for this line from your post; I have not a clue as to what you are referring to.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) About 40 yrs ago, I took a class in Technical Writing.  The one thing that stood out for me was:  If you write something and the reader does not understand what you wrote, then you wasted your time.

In the case of that particular post, it was the gestalt of the entire outpouring from Brent that had me formulating that.

Instead of copying and bolding a piece, you can also select the section you want to reply to, and use the "quote selection" popup that comes up -- it'll draw a nice little box around it, let you quote multiple selections for a multi-part reply, and everything. One of the things that the new software does add (not that there are a ton of those).

Wendy P.

39 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

It'll draw a nice little box around it, let you quote multiple selections for a multi-part reply, and everything. One of the things that the new software does add (not that there are a ton of those).

Until it stops working for no reason anyone can see, that is.  Server migration, maybe?

(edited)
4 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Quite often I do a cut-n-paste out of a recent post.  Then I do a Slant & Bold to the quote.  I'm sure there are some on here who think that this is stupid.

IMO this lets people know exactly what I am talking about in any reply.

I don't think it's stupid, I knew exactly what you're doing - it helps.  I also like to see how people add their own personal touch to things.

4 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Re:  And what is your point about this?

As for this line from your post; I have not a clue as to what you are referring to.

I totally understood what she was doing.  I've ran into this issue with you as well, but I'm notorious for being misunderstood (my fault) so I never gave it much thought - figured it a generational issue.  No biggie it's just interesting to me how we perceive things differently.

Edited by Coreece

5 hours ago, olofscience said:

You do know climate change upsets my world view right? I've said it several times - I could definitely do with it not actually happening, one less problem to worry about!

So no, you're not upsetting world views - you're just a troll.

Edit: Can't speak for everyone here of course, but I suspect most other people here don't like worrying about it either. It would be a very strange person who does...

Who was talking to you?  I couldn’t care less about your world view.  

5 hours ago, billvon said:

He likely thinks everyone is like he is.  In other words, if there's a BLM riot and four cops get killed, he's ecstatic - because he can troll people with that.  

Still waiting for an example.  Just like Wendy, you misrepresent or completely make up what I have said, then criticized (or ban me) for it.9_9

4 minutes ago, olofscience said:

You do know how forum posts work, right? I know you're from another generation, but you should learn the quirks of this thing called the internet :rofl:

I never meant to but apparently I set the hook real deep in you. (Awaiting your reply to confirm my notion)

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

You do know how forum posts work, right? I know you're from another generation, but you should learn the quirks of this thing called the internet :rofl:

I hope I die before I get old.........

Don't try to dig what we all say.

57 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Olof actually publicly admitted here that he thinks "trolling is fun,"  which explains his posting history as of late.

I said trolling nazis was fun. If I remember correctly, you were defending a trump logo with an uncanny resemblance to the nazi logo.

You also missed one of brent's "sources" - Zoe Phin - coming here and getting involved in the discussion about climate change. It was very amusing - although during that time brent was practically begging for attention :rofl:

It didn't end well for her though, she ended up leaving the forum in apparently a very expletive-ridden way.

1 minute ago, Coreece said:

right, that was your second violation in that thread.

It was...so, back on topic, do you actually have anything insightful to add?

All I commented here was to refute the right's allegation that we don't believe things that "upset our world view", now it's ended up about me?

It's quite telling that my original point hasn't been refuted at all...