5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

On 12/23/2021 at 4:57 PM, gowlerk said:

I will note that even Donald Trump, famously infected with the virus has been triple vaccinated since then and encourages others to do the same.

Absolutely hilarious how the Alt-Right is losing their fucking minds over THAT little statement.

The Qcumbers can't believe it (they believe just about anything else, no matter how stupid).

Candace Owens is claiming that Trump is 'too old' to know how to find alternative garbage on the internet.

Even Trump himself was rather confused when Biden thanked & praised him for making the statement. 
In "Trump World", anything Biden says is a lie. So Biden praising Trump is...

Hmmm. 

Personally, I hope some of the Trumpettes take his advice. 

Most won't. They're too stubborn and stupid. Too entrenched in their 'cultural warfare', too determined to 'own the libs'

I still don't understand how they 'own' people by strangling on their own snot as their lungs fill up and harden, but hey, that's what they want to do.

I don't see the Herman Cain Awards slowing down in the near future. In fact, I know someone who's a perfect candidate.
It's a shame. He's a pretty nice guy.
But he's down the rabbit hole. 
He just posted the picture of the lion standing in a flock of sheep, with the caption: "How I feel out among the vaccinated."

Yeah, he's not likely to have a nice spring.

3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Absolutely hilarious how the Alt-Right is losing their fucking minds over THAT little statement.

Alex Jones had this to say about Trump's vaccine advocacy:

"This is an emergency Christmas Day warning to President Trump. You are either completely ignorant about the so called 'vaccine' gene therapy that you helped ram through with operation warp speed, or you are one of the most evil men who has ever lived,"

When you lose Alex Jones, you know you've lost . . . the 5% of the most extreme right wing nuts.  But, honestly, that's sort of Trump's _base._

8 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

, I know someone who's a perfect candidate.
It's a shame. He's a pretty nice guy.
But he's down the rabbit hole. 
He just posted the picture of the lion standing in a flock of sheep, with the caption: "How I feel out among the vaccinated."

Ask him which one of the sheep is Donald Trump.

• Like 1

FDA is sending a letter to the Federation of State Medical Boards (which is something I was previously unaware of) warning about Ivermectin.

http://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/WIDHS/2021/12/22/file_attachments/2030302/Ivermectin Letter to FSMB Final (1).pdf?fbclid=IwAR0NrfvZMkQlDSLBh6P3XEP3zYh5GAuLQghmVq7TCt_SySo1z8gssDKZ7_Y

It doesn't work and the side effects can be dangerous.

Duh.

8 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

FDA is sending a letter to the Federation of State Medical Boards

Morning, Joe - Needed a .com added

http://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/WIDHS/2021/12/22/file_attachments/2030302/Ivermectin Letter to FSMB Final (1).pdf?fbclid=IwAR0NrfvZMkQlDSLBh6P3XEP3zYh5GAuLQghmVq7TCt_SySo1z8gssDKZ7_Y.com

3 hours ago, kallend said:

The willfully unvaccinated should go to the back of the line when they get sick.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/12/28/iowa-dale-weeks-hospitals-covid-sepsis/

And their insurance should refuse to cover them.

Don't do a yearly check up? We can't renew your insurance. Don't see your doctor after a course of prescription drugs? We're not going to cover renewing it.

Those things already exist.

Don't get preventative care for Covid? Then you're not covered for covid treatment. It's simple.

Even IF you survive, you're likely to be bankrupt. Good. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, yoink said:

And their insurance should refuse to cover them.

Don't do a yearly check up? We can't renew your insurance. Don't see your doctor after a course of prescription drugs? We're not going to cover renewing it.

Those things already exist.

Don't get preventative care for Covid? Then you're not covered for covid treatment. It's simple.

This is good.  While they are at it, they should refuse medical coverage for skydiving, skiing, flying in small planes, scuba diving; all of which are unnecessary risks.

5 hours ago, headoverheels said:

This is good.  While they are at it, they should refuse medical coverage for skydiving, skiing, flying in small planes, scuba diving; all of which are unnecessary risks.

Excellent point. I can state as a fact that a number of people, actually quite a number of people, caught the bug to skydive, fly airplanes and scuba dive after coming in close contact with me.

8 hours ago, headoverheels said:

If insurance was YOUR business, you’d simply pay all the expenses of any of your customers, regardless of the specifics of the policy? Out of the goodness of your heart?

You’ve had a car accident? Sorry to hear that. Oh, you were driving on a race course? Then your standard auto policy doesn’t cover that. You need an additional high-risk coverage for that… but let me pay it anyway.

Of course you wouldn’t. Just like skydiving is an additional coverage, so should Covid treatment be.

With hospitalization and ICU care costing a fortune, and the data showing that if you’re unvaccinated you’re (what was it?) 15x(?) more likely to be hospitalized then it’s perfectly in line with the shitty business model of American health insurance to require specific coverage for the treatment of a current pandemic virus. PARTICULARLY if that requirement is preventative care.

Edited by yoink

On 12/29/2021 at 12:10 PM, yoink said:

Nah, they'll just go to the ER and have the people foot the bill, and then have their lawyers ask why you didn't treat their pre-existing which we all know is the REAL problem here.  Agree? Don't agree?  Good, see you in court asshole!

Edited by Coreece

19 hours ago, yoink said:

Just like skydiving is an additional coverage, so should Covid treatment be.

I've never had a medical insurance plan (and medical insurance is what we are talking about) which excluded or charged extra for skydiving.  I have seen that on some life insurance plans (maybe even most plans), but my professional organization's policy didn't.

3 hours ago, headoverheels said:

I've never had a medical insurance plan (and medical insurance is what we are talking about) which excluded or charged extra for skydiving.  I have seen that on some life insurance plans (maybe even most plans), but my professional organization's policy didn't.

When I visit the US for jumping I have to carefully shop for travel health insurance. Most plans specifically exclude injuries from skydiving and several other activities seen as high risk. Of course that is different from what you are talking about.