5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

Re:  Ban ‘idiot’ anti-vaxxers from flying

I've concluded that this is probably the best approach.  The federal gov't doesn't seem to have the firepower or incentive to force them to get vax'd.

Use the marketplace and let the chips fall where they may.

If we cannot get them to vax, then let's keep them away from the rest of us.

The 'ban from flying' is a form of isolation.

Jerry Baumchen

I like it.  We've known for some time that the high speed air tubes are circulating the virus worldwide.

2 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I like it.  We've known for some time that the high speed air tubes are circulating the virus worldwide.

We won't be able to stop the virus from spreading and travel restrictions won't do that. The real idea is to keep adding more and more pressure on people to get vaccinated so they don't fill the hospitals. The more things they can't do and the more enforcement there is the fewer holdouts there will be. I call it "make them an offer they can't refuse". We can not really make vaccination mandatory, but we can restrict the unvaccinated. 

6 hours ago, airdvr said:

The whole idea of testing needs to be re-thunk.  I'm wondering if the wide availability of home tests are creating a false sense of security.  Consider the very real possibility that I test negative today.  It means nothing more than today I don't actively have Covid.  I could have been exposed yesterday...might be exposed tomorrow.  According to Rox they are also not nearly as accurate as a PCR.

Not exactly.

The rapid tests are only really useful in seeing if one is contagious. One can be infected, but not yet contagious and the test may still be negative (this is my understanding, and I welcome correction on it).

That, in and of itself, can be useful. 
As long as it's taken for what it's worth.

For example, lots of places other than the US have rapid tests readily available for free for home use. 

On the way to see grandma?
Take a test. 
If you are negative, you are fine to go see her today.
If you are positive, don't go anywhere.

If you plan on going to see grandma again next Sunday, take another test that day.

I've heard/read of people who have immune compromises family having tests at their front door.
Anyone coming in gets a test. 

Their primary use is seeing if anyone is dangerous right now. And for that, they are supposed to be reasonably effective.

6 hours ago, ryoder said:

This is great!

This pretty much nails it.

WRT SARS-CoV-2, it's advisable to do everything that comes to mind to minimize exposure, keep chance inoculum way low, use every prophylaxis that presents itself and hit it from all angles if exposed or infected.

Having said that, my criticism of the vaccine(s) (we stick with Pfizer so far) is born of professional familiarity with the pharmaceutical industry in general, and clinical trials in particular.

For whatever reason, "Post Pandemic Stress Disorder" seems common amongst the vaccinated, and is treated as unrelated to the vaccines:

https://townhall.com/columnists/wayneallynroot/2021/12/12/if-the-vaccine-is-so-great-why-are-so-many-people-dropping-dead-heart-attacks-skyrocket-young-children-suffer-heart-problems-soccer-players-drop-on-fields-icus-overwhelmed-from-coast-to-coast-n2600456

I personally know as many people who have either died or been rendered invalid by post-vaccination effects than have succumbed to or been compromised by COVID-19.  When people point to the clinical trials that were halted by a few deaths, my suspicion is that these deaths took place shortly after the needle was withdrawn, not a week later. 

The excess cardiac deaths amongst the vaccinated are significantly higher than in the same population before the pandemic (thus you have “Post Pandemic Stress Disorder”), which is suspicious to say the least.

Since the vaccine is the lesser of the two evils, I say go for it in general.  Having said that, I'm looking for sufficient progress in research that will render the vaccines superfluous.

BSBD,

Winsor

7 hours ago, winsor said:

WRT SARS-CoV-2, it's advisable to do everything that comes to mind to minimize exposure, keep chance inoculum way low, use every prophylaxis that presents itself and hit it from all angles if exposed or infected.

Since the vaccine is the lesser of the two evils, I say go for it in general.  Having said that, I'm looking for sufficient progress in research that will render the vaccines superfluous.

BSBD,

Winsor

Minimize exposure, be extra careful around those that are vaccinated, and avail oneself of all available options. T

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday season.

Edited by billeisele

45 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Good freaking grief!!!! Is this for real? May as well just swig some Clorox and get it over with. 

Over on another forum I frequent, some fool was actually advocating this a couple months ago. He claimed he was doing it. Have not seen any updates since he is now on my ignore list.

8 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Evidently so, Ken. I don't get it. 

I told my wife about it. In turn she told about years ago when her first husband came home one day with a product that claimed to be 50% H2O2 and instructions to take it orally starting with a few drops in a glass of water and increasing daily. It pretty much claimed to cure anything. At the back of the instructions it told how you too could get rich joining the team selling it. Yes, he is stupid.

20 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

50% H2O2 and instructions to take it orally starting with a few drops in a glass of water and increasing daily. It pretty much claimed to cure anything.

I remember a time back in the late 80's when there was a claim it could cure HIV & Cancer. It was quashed for a while, but seems to have re-surfaced for this virus. There's so many smart people out there; I sometimes wonder why we even need an FDA. :p

1 hour ago, billeisele said:

Minimize exposure, be extra careful around those that are vaccinated, and avail oneself of all available options. This is one I've been using for a long time with consistently great results for lung symptoms.

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday season.

Nebulized H2O2, 12-20-21.docx 49.85 kB · 3 downloads

Mods, this needs a BIG danger disclaimer as bigun has also done. Do not inhale hydrogen peroxide, people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Good freaking grief!!!! Is this for real? May as well just swig some Clorox and get it over with. 

Yes. People are THAT fucking stupid.

https://www.google.com/search?q=inhaling+hydrogen+peroxide+dangers&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS910US910&oq=Inhaling+Hy&aqs=chrome.7.69i57j0i512l9.6033j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edit to add:

Don't forget that concentrated Hydrogen Peroxide was used as rocket fuel back in the early days.

Edited by wolfriverjoe

44 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Do not inhale hydrogen peroxide, people.

Two Chem students go into a restaurant and the server asks, "What can I get you to drink?" First chem student says, "I'll take a glass of H2O." Second chem student says, "I'll have an H2O too." He died. 

On 12/19/2021 at 8:18 AM, millertimeunc said:

Your government has a turn key system in place which is mandatory, extrajudicial, lacks due process, and whereby it can choose to allow or exclude citizens from traveling or participating in society based upon actions or inactions the government deems pro social or anti social?

You don't have money in the United States?

On 12/19/2021 at 8:18 AM, millertimeunc said:

Your government has a turn key system in place which is mandatory, extrajudicial, lacks due process, and whereby it can choose to allow or exclude citizens from traveling or participating in society based upon actions or inactions the government deems pro social or anti social?

It does indeed.  In travel, it is called the TSA.  A friend of mine was once stopped from boarding a plane due to a container of soup he had.

In terms of participating in society, we have a lot of rules like that.  One is laws that require clothing in public places, including restaurants.  Another is the laws that prevent driving while intoxicated.  (You can, of course, take a DWI arrest to court.  But under no conditions will police allow you to drive drunk if they can stop it.)

4 minutes ago, millertimeunc said:

You mean one of the three constitutionally protected things that the government isn’t allowed to deprive you of without due process? Yeah, sure. We have that.

Money is constitutionally protected?

You objected to vaccine requirements for air travel as a framework to prevent freedom. Was wondering how a homeless vaccinated person was free to take that flight across the country?