5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

This web site enables one to look at the data in various ways. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#compare-trends   Pick the state(s) you want to look at.

One could use this to argue their point or use the data to realize that what's occurring is complicated and there is no one specific solution. One example: the CA vs. FL argument. Dem vs. Rep. Mask, isolation and control vs. not. 

Looking at Cumulative Deaths per 100K one sees that FL is worse at 281 while CA is 182.

Then look at Daily, Raw totals that shows the 7-day averages one sees that CA is worse at 61, with FL at 1.

Many states have experienced 3 spikes, some worse than others. The recent FL spike was worse that the prior two but lower than the spike CA experienced.

There are others ways to look at the same data. Bottom line is there have been too many deaths, 755,201. One should wonder how many deaths were really COVID, and how many people would have lived if there was no political posturing and influence from big pharma.

What have we learned: The shot doesn't prevent COVID but it does reduce symptoms, there are potential negative side effects of the shot, natural immunity is real but not the same in each person that had COVID, monoclonal antibody treatment works, Ivermectin works, masks help but are not a magic shield, distancing helps, isolation helps but is not a fun way to live, and boosting the immune system helps. Politicians, much of mainstream media, and big pharma are not our friends. Vaccinated or unvaccinated, one can be a spreader.

US COVID cases have occurred in 14% of the population. COVID cases that resulted in death, 1.6%. Overall COVID deaths are 0.23% of the population.

Fighting amongst each other is worthless.

image.png.e090f5ac553dd1d4381a1fe75dafbc56.png

1 minute ago, billeisele said:

This web site enables one to look at the data in various ways. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#compare-trends   Pick the state(s) you want to look at.

One could use this to argue their point or use the data to realize that what's occurring is complicated and there is no one specific solution. One example: the CA vs. FL argument. Dem vs. Rep. Mask, isolation and control vs. not. 

Looking at Cumulative Deaths per 100K one sees that FL is worse at 281 while CA is 182.

Then look at Daily, Raw totals that shows the 7-day averages one sees that CA is worse at 61, with FL at 1.

Many states have experienced 3 spikes, some worse than others. The recent FL spike was worse that the prior two but lower than the spike CA experienced.

There are others ways to look at the same data. Bottom line is there have been too many deaths, 755,201. One should wonder how many deaths were really COVID, and how many people would have lived if there was no political posturing and influence from big pharma.

What have we learned: The shot doesn't prevent COVID but it does reduce symptoms, there are potential negative side effects of the shot, natural immunity is real but not the same in each person that had COVID, monoclonal antibody treatment works, Ivermectin works, masks help but are not a magic shield, distancing helps, isolation helps but is not a fun way to live, and boosting the immune system helps. Politicians, much of mainstream media, and big pharma are not our friends. Vaccinated or unvaccinated, one can be a spreader.

US COVID cases have occurred in 14% of the population. COVID cases that resulted in death, 1.6%. Overall COVID deaths are 0.23% of the population.

Fighting amongst each other is worthless.

image.png.e090f5ac553dd1d4381a1fe75dafbc56.png

I am in complete agreement with every point made in this post.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Except for one glaring thing, so am I. That one thing? "Ivermectin works". I have seen no reason to believe that.

5 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Except for one glaring thing, so am I. That one thing? "Ivermectin works". I have seen no reason to believe that.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33795896/

3 minutes ago, winsor said:

And the conclusions of that link are as follows:

Conclusions: The incidence in mortality rates and number of cases is significantly lower among the APOC countries compared to non-APOC countries. That a mass public health preventive campaign against COVID-19 may have taken place, inadvertently, in some African countries with massive community ivermectin use is an attractive hypothesis. Additional studies are needed to confirm it.

In other words there is some anecdotal reason to hope, but no reliable evidence. I give you this more detailed report from 6 days ago that looks into this and explains that despite quite a few proper studies into the efficacy of the drug in treating or preventing Covid-19 there is still no reason to think it can help.

https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/assets/info/ppih/if-ppih-covid-19-sag-ivermectin-in-treatment-and-prevention-rapid-review.pdf

The fact is the even Merck, the profit driven "big pharma" company that you express such dislike for, who produces Ivermectin and stands to make bank from its successful products says this:

Merck,  the  manufacturers  of  ivermectin,  have  concluded  that  there is: •  “No scientific  basis  for  a  potential  therapeutic  effect against COVID-19 from  pre-clinical studies;   •  No meaningful  evidence  for  clinical  activity  or  clinical  efficacy  in patients  with  COVID-19 disease,  and;   •  A concerning  lack  of  safety  data in  the  majority  of  studies.” Furthermore,  Merck states that  “We  do not  believe that  the data available support  the  safety  and efficacy  of  Ivermectin  beyond the doses  and populations  indicated in  the  regulatory  agencyapproved prescribing  information.” 

Other than the fact that this gives you a chance to rail on against both government agencies and drug companies, tell me why you would continue to believe and spread the Ivermectin myth?

Looks like the vaccines are not as effective as we hoped.  Ten of the thirty three patients in our local hospital are fully vaccinated.

“The patients range in age from 19 to 87, according to Mount Nittany’s COVID-19 inpatient dashboard. Ten are fully vaccinated and 22 are not vaccinated.”

10 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Looks like the vaccines are not as effective as we hoped.  Ten of the thirty three patients in our local hospital are fully vaccinated.

“The patients range in age from 19 to 87, according to Mount Nittany’s COVID-19 inpatient dashboard. Ten are fully vaccinated and 22 are not vaccinated.”

If 100% of a population is vaccinated and 100% of patients in the local hospital are vaccinated, what does that tell you about the efficacy of the vaccine? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Neither does 10 of 33.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Demonstrating your inability to do maths again? You should ease off on the scotch, you know :rofl:

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

There is a ton of info out there but you won't find it in the main stream media. That fact should make one wonder.

The results in India are not "controlled" studies but when millions are involved and they are having great success, that is good enough for me.

Then there are MDs that are using it. Some are brave enough to report their results. Yep, another "uncontrolled" study but the patients are not dying. One MD reported approximately 4,000 patients, 5 hospitalized and 100% survival.

I know a few people that have used it. Another "super uncontrolled" study. None of them had any problems.

The EU has recognized it as an option.

Ivermectin has been using for over 40 years, has little side effects and is cheap. There is a controlled study underway being done by Duke University looking at Ivermectin and two other common drugs. They have a few partner medical facilities involved in the study. One is the Medical Univ of SC and that's how I heard about the study. It's been underway for a couple months. https://www.cbs17.com/news/south/dukes-ivermectin-clinical-trials-now-open-to-sc-residents-heres-how-to-sign-up/

The people that are using animal grade Ivermectin and self dosing are a problem, not good.

4 minutes ago, billeisele said:

There is a controlled study underway being done by Duke University looking at Ivermectin and two other common drugs. They have a few partner medical facilities involved in the study. One is the Medical Univ of SC and that's how I heard about the study. It's been underway for a couple months. 

If this study concludes there is no benefit, will you accept that or will you ignore it and fall back on the anecdotal information?

1 hour ago, nwt said:

Too look at this and say CA is doing worse than FL is disingenuous.

91-DIVOC-states-normalized-Florida.png

I didn't use that chart, it shows COVID cases. I was looking at the death info. The chart is below. 

But regardless, you are kinda making my point. One can make an argument "proving" their point by using data that shows what they want. There are many ways to look at the data. And all of it is constantly changing.  

There is no sense in arguing about all this stuff. 

image.png.f2f5da62d76eae8ed56fc281225ad313.png

3 minutes ago, nwt said:

If this study concludes there is no benefit, will you accept that or will you ignore it and fall back on the anecdotal information?

Great question. We'll see what happens. If there is a conflict that will require significant head scratching.

An ongoing concern is the overwhelming influence that big pharma has on medical issues. They strongly influence how doctors are trained. There is a definite "medicate to cure" mentality. Some doctors recognize that bias and treat differently. 

Question for you - Will you look at the anecdotal info and at least be open to the idea that it can work? 

Interesting article https://www.thedesertreview.com/news/national/ivermectin-obliterates-97-percent-of-delhi-cases/article_6a3be6b2-c31f-11eb-836d-2722d2325a08.html

India is divided into states with governance much like the US. The states can decide what they will or won't do. Some promoted Ivermectin and some didn't. Same people, same genetics, same living conditions, the results are notable. IMO, an "uncontrolled" study this large rises above the anecdotal level.

This is one paragraph from the article, "The choice is clear. Ivermectin is the safe, repurposed Nobel Prize-Winning drug that effectively reduces death up to 91% from COVID-19.  It does not produce blood clots, heart attacks, or strokes. It does not cause violent immune reactions. And it reduced the COVID-19 cases in Delhi, India, by an astonishing 97% in five weeks. It costs pennies."

24 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Non sequitur

I'll help you out - by just repeating what nwt said:

45 minutes ago, nwt said:

what does that tell you about the efficacy of the vaccine? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Neither does 10 of 33.

So your conclusion was WAY off. You seem very determined to demonstrate how bad you are at math...

43 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Ivermectin has been using for over 40 years, has little side effects and is cheap.

So is aspirin.  Even cheaper, in use even longer, and even fewer side effects. 

Would you rely on aspirin to keep you safe from COVID?

6 minutes ago, olofscience said:

The gold standard for medical effectiveness is the RCT. Not anecdotes.

By the way, are you aware of nwt's medical background?

No, not aware of his background.

Yes, I'm aware of the RCT gold standard.

Please read the article and links about India and let us know your thoughts. Note that it was published in June and you've probably never seen it before. That should make one wonder.

The basic question is: At what point does a massive uncontrolled study become credible info? The people involved are well known and highly credible.

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

Good morning. I'm struggling to understand why a guy with your intelligence would even post this. I've always thought you were a, hmmmm, that's interesting, kinda guy. You know, like someone that would figure out how to use solar to economically power a house. I'm wondering when we can buy an SMR at Dollar Tree and plug it into the main panel.

To humor you, my answer is... If it was used in a massive uncontrolled study like we're seeing in India, and it had the same incredible results, then yes I would add it to my protocol.

6 minutes ago, billeisele said:

To humor you, my answer is... If it was used in a massive uncontrolled study like we're seeing in India, and it had the same incredible results, then yes I would add it to my protocol.

"People who'd already been taking low-dose aspirin to reduce their risk of heart disease had a 29% lower risk of contracting COVID-19 compared to those who didn't take aspirin"

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210315/low-dose-aspirin-may-help-shield-you-from-covid-19#1

1 hour ago, nwt said:

Bill can answer for himself.  But for the rest of the Ivermectin fans the answer is almost certainly no, they will not accept it.

The whole ivermectin thing got started when two studies found it was effective.  They were pulled shortly thereafter for falsifying data.  But that started the ball rolling.  Several subsequent studies showing no benefit did not affect the ivermectin craze.  Not even the manufacturer saying it didn't work has slowed the demand for it.

One thing that's odd about this craze is that we now DO have effective treatments for COVID-19.  Monoclonal antibodies work well.  We have both molnupiravir and Paxlovid in the approval pipeline - and these are drugs that actually do work, and are pills you can take, pills being something of a holy grail to many people who fear injections.

51 minutes ago, billeisele said:

Great question. We'll see what happens. If there is a conflict that will require significant head scratching.

Head scratching? You are bordering, but not quite crossing into conspiracy theory territory on this Ivermectin thing. Again I ask you, if it was effective why would Merck or anyone else suppress that information? 

42 minutes ago, billvon said:

Maybe fewer, IDK. But Aspirin has a ton of very bad side effects when used inappropriately.