5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

45 minutes ago, Cocowheats said:

It's the same point I had, what, a year ago? It should remain a person's choice and some of those people have legitimate reasoning against taking it.

With choices come consequences. One of them is the loss of respect of people who pay attention to underlying statistical analysis-based science rather than sought-out anecdotes. 
Wendy P. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I think the poor dear is just afraid of the needle.

The only people who are not advised to have a Pfizer dose are the very few who had an anaphylactic reaction to the first one. And it is very rare. But yes, anti-vaxxers grapping at straws trot this bullshit out all the time.

5 hours ago, Cocowheats said:

But my Dr says I don't need the vaccine, especially since I've already had Covid, and that he wouldn't take it either.

So listen to my Dr, unless DZ.com disagrees? This place seems to think my Dr shouldn't be practicing,yet he is suppose to be who I listen to?

I'm so confused I guess...

There are charlatans in every profession.  Seems your Dr. is one of them.

9 hours ago, Cocowheats said:

So I had to use a source folks on here might actually find legitimate.

It's funny how you think you're "catering to our needs" when:

• nobody asked you to
  • people have actually been asking for the REAL sources of your reasoning which you keep refusing to provide
  • this also makes you look wildly inconsistent, but then again with antivaxxers, consistency in logic is one of the first things thrown out the window

12 hours ago, Cocowheats said:

The point is that even the mfgs of these vaccines have a list of people they say should not take it...

I opened your Pfizer link and reviewed what allergens were listed. It would appear the list was developed about the same time that Warpspeed started as the list for previously used allergens in all previous vaccines. However, if you drill down into that list; you'll notice that most of the ingredients say, "not used in . . ." Pretty much, you would need to have an allergy to Sucrose, Salt, Potassium, or Propylene Glycol. 

12 hours ago, Cocowheats said:

It's the same point I had, what, a year ago? It should remain a person's choice and some of those people have legitimate reasoning against taking it.

I went back and reviewed your history, You joined In October of last year and did not enter into the COVID discussion until June 2nd of this year.  In the "Incentives to Vax" thread, you said, "This does not reflect my personal stance on vaccines. I am not against them." You went on to state, "I don't see why anyone would fault someone for not wanting to take a non-FDA approved vaccine. As far as I know(I may be wrong), none of the current vaccines have a USA FDA approval. They have only been approved for a crisis/pandemic emergency usage, which could be revoked."

Now, that it has full approval, you seem to be finding other reasons to not get the vaccine, when you yourself, support it. So, either you're not being genuine regarding your own beliefs on vaccines or you're just another internet keyboard warrior who wants to argue about everything and not use any facts. 

I think you said it best, " ANYONE who does not get vax'd is scum of the earth."

And, before you take a step back and reframe your argument into "People have rights," I will wear your fucking ass out on that argument.

You are dismissed.  

• Like 5

13 hours ago, mistercwood said:

Everyone who *can* take the vaccine should take the vaccine.

If you are allergic to the ingredients, that would put you in the *can't* bucket, so you're all good.

That said, the chances of you being allergic to something in every single one of the available vaccines is much, much smaller than the odds any one of us has of having a serious adverse reaction to the jab - which is already a tiny, tiny number.

I don't seem to recall anyone vilifying those who legitimately CAN'T take the vaccine.

The ones who are getting hammered on are those who WON'T take it.

The number of people who cannot take the vaccine is very small.

It sure as hell isn't well over half the people in Idaho, West Virginia, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia, Oklahoma and a couple others.

The fools who booed when both Trump and Lindsay Graham suggested folks get vaxxed are the ones that are the 'scum of the earth'.

There have been 6.4 BILLION doses of vax administered in the world so far.
Almost 400 million in the US.

If there were serious problems, they would have become apparent by now.
Don't forget that use of the J&J vax was suspended for a bit back in April. One death, a handful more serious cases. 
The idea that the vax is killing lots of people is REALLY stupid.

As is the claim that it isn't effective. 
The polio vax had a ~60% effectiveness. Yet polio is virtually extinguished anywhere the vax is widely available and administered.

Pfizer & Moderna have higher rates than that, even after time has elapsed (they still are very effective against serious infection, even though the ability to prevent any infection drops). 

But, I'm not totally in favor of the vax mandates. 

The anti-vax morons are doing a fairly good job of removing themselves.

53k dead in the last month. Virtually all of them unvaxxed.

The HCAs are being issued at high speed.

On 10/9/2021 at 12:44 AM, Cocowheats said:

<snip>not everyone is a candidate for the vaccines for legitimate reasons, like being highly allergic to some or any of the ingredients. Yet, just like months ago, nobody gives a shit about the minority of people...

This happens to be actually true for most diseases.

"The majority" needs to stop acting like selfish, spoiled assholes and get vaccinated, in order to help protect the minority who can't get vaccinated for legitimate reasons. If literally translated from Dutch, I'd call it the 'vaccination umbrella'.

There used to be very nice and informative films on Youtube explaining how this works. Unfortunately, in this time I am loath to search anything about vaccinations on there because I do not want to have to sift trhough the dross.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 10:02 AM, billvon said:

Now let's look at the published side effects of the Pfizer vaccine:

- Pain
- Redness
- Headache
- Muscle pain
- Chills
- Fever
- Nausea

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/finland-pauses-use-moderna-covid-19-vaccine-young-men-2021-10-07

Good thing Pfizer is dosed at about 30% of the Moderna "vax".  Iceland has banned Moderna as well.

17 minutes ago, base698 said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/finland-pauses-use-moderna-covid-19-vaccine-young-men-2021-10-07

Good thing Pfizer is dosed at about 30% of the Moderna "vax".  Iceland has banned Moderna as well.

Good thing? Please articulate how so.

Paused does not equal banned. In all studies so far that I am aware of the risk of myocarditis from an actual Covid infection exceeds the risk of myocarditis from any of the vaccines available in the US. 

Moderna has also been a winner in terms of lasting efficacy, and efficacy against variants. That could be from the dosage size, the vaccination schedule, or both.

Either way I am glad I got lucky and ended up with the current front runner. 

(edited)
50 minutes ago, DougH said:

Good thing? Please articulate how so.

Paused does not equal banned. In all studies so far that I am aware of the risk of myocarditis from an actual Covid infection exceeds the risk of myocarditis from any of the vaccines available in the US. 

Moderna has also been a winner in terms of lasting efficacy, and efficacy against variants. That could be from the dosage size, the vaccination schedule, or both.

Either way I am glad I got lucky and ended up with the current front runner. 

He's just looking for more nonsense reasons. I received the Pfizer jabs and got a booster at 5 months. No biggie and I still don't have a tail.

Edited by JoeWeber

On 10/11/2021 at 12:51 PM, olofscience said:

this.

something that keeps going over the head of mr. krebs cycle here...

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/10/covid-vaccine-related-myocarditis-rare-usually-mild-studies-say

The myocarditis risk difference between the first and second dose was 1.76 cases per 100,000 people (95% confidence interval [CI], 1.33 to 2.19), or less than a 0.002% incidence. The largest difference was among male recipients 16 to 19 years, who had 13.73 cases per 100,000 people (95% CIs, 8.11 to 19.46)—but even that level amounts to only a 0.014% incidence.

13 in 100k is worse than the covid rate which is why it's being suspended for those under 30 in non-pharma owned states.

Moderator warning - BASE698 has demonstrated that he is a poor source of COVID-19 information.

1 hour ago, base698 said:

13 in 100k is worse than the covid rate which is why it's being suspended for those under 30 in non-pharma owned states.

COVID deaths per 100k in Mississippi (worst fatality rate) - 330 
COVID deaths per 100k in Vermont (lowest fatality rate) - 53

So even in the best state in the US for deaths, the risk of death due to COVID is 4 times worse than the risk of myocarditis in young men.  In the worst state, it's 25 times worse.

39 minutes ago, billvon said:

COVID deaths per 100k in Mississippi (worst fatality rate) - 330 
COVID deaths per 100k in Vermont (lowest fatality rate) - 53

So even in the best state in the US for deaths, the risk of death due to COVID is 4 times worse than the risk of myocarditis in young men.  In the worst state, it's 25 times worse.

You're averaging over all age groups.  My number is specifically younger men 16-19.  In over 85 about 1 in 5 die of covid.  In under 18 since beginning of 2020 only 499 have died (less than 1 in 100k).

6 minutes ago, kallend said:

The covid virus itself causes myocarditis with those under 30 being at higher risk.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7035e5.htm

It's way past time to stop trying to educate the morons. It's long since time for a denial of service attack. No flying, no eating in restaurants, no school, no work etc. etc. The Federal Government need to mandate vaccination wherever possible and let the chips fall where the may. Nicey nice isn't working and never will.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

It's long since time for a denial of service attack. No flying, no eating in restaurants, no school, no work etc. etc.

That's what is happening here pretty much. Some of it is already in place under provincial rules. The federal rules about transport start at the end of the month. Our season just happens to end then but otherwise we would start requiring proof of vaccination to fly in our aircraft. Most likely that will still be in place in the spring. All our staff and all our regular jumpers are already in compliance. We have been asking everyone waivering up for their status for several weeks now, but not asking for proof. 

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

That's what is happening here pretty much. Some of it is already in place under provincial rules. The federal rules about transport start at the end of the month. Our season just happens to end then but otherwise we would start requiring proof of vaccination to fly in our aircraft. Most likely that will still be in place in the spring. All our staff and all our regular jumpers are already in compliance. We have been asking everyone waivering up for their status for several weeks now, but not asking for proof. 

Down here in Ameririca we will need a mandate from the Federalies to make any progress. Leaving the decision to do right up to individual companies in a market economy is not only unfair it is futile.

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

Down here in Ameririca we will need a mandate from the Federalies to make any progress. Leaving the decision to do right up to individual companies in a market economy is not only unfair it is futile.

Same here. The rules are coming from either the provincial or federal authorities. Our companies are no braver than yours.