5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

10 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

IMO good riddance:  Massachusetts State Police Troopers Resign Over A COVID Vaccine Mandate : Coronavirus Updates : NPR

He seems to forget that these troopers had a choice:  "It is unfortunate that the Governor and his team have chosen to mandate one of the most stringent vaccine mandates in the country with no reasonable alternatives," State Police Association president Michael Cherven said in a statement.

I guess that getting vax'd is not a reasonable alternative.

Jerry Baumchen

And in Denver we have this:

Seven Denver police officers sue city over COVID vaccine mandate as deadline looms

Fuck 'em. We need first responders who can think rationally and are not contracting/spreading disease.

1 hour ago, Stumpy said:

I bet they are in chemtrails as well. It's of course totally normal that all these things come to light, that must be proof of a huge conspiracy involving thousands upon thousands of people, without a single bit of real leaked evidence from a whistleblower or similar.

The lack of real evidence PROVES it's a conspiracy.  If it wasn't a conspiracy, the government wouldn't be burying all the real evidence!

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Those wacky nanoparticles are showing up all over.  First there was nanothermite in the Twin Towers, then there were nanobots in the vaccine - now there are nanoparticles in the virus!  It's like they know to get inside of anything that conspiracy nuts are worried about.

Probably Robin Williams/Mork fans. Nano-nano.

Edited by gowlerk

3 hours ago, billvon said:

This doesn't even make sense.  If some elites out there are intent on reducing the Earth's population - wouldn't they be against vaccines?  I mean, COVID has already killed five million people worldwide.  Why wouldn't those neo-Malthusian power grabbing elites trying to talk people OUT of getting vaccines?  And if this article opposes those evil elites, surely they would push vaccines.   But instead this article is claiming that the "medical establishment is injecting literal poison into millions of our fellow Americans without so much as a fight."  Sure sounds like TheAutomaticEarth is trying to stop vaccinations and support the pandemic.

Waitaminute.  I know what this is!  It's a false flag.  Yes, there are neo-Malthusian power grabbing elites out there - and they are publishing their manifestos on TheAutomaticEarth, hoping to reduce the Earth's population!

Thank you Winsor for uncovering this dastardly plot.

2 hours ago, kallend said:

Clearly it's a triple-cross (or reverse reverse psych. warfare).

Well, if you take the vaccine, you get poisoned. So clearly you can't take the vaccine.

And if you don't take the vaccine, you risk a potentially deadly disease, so clearly you must take the vaccine.

Kind of like drinking the wine from the goblet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, headoverheels said:

The CDC continues to recommend against aspirating, to avoid potential pain to the patient from moving the needle around.  UK likewise says not to aspirate.  It takes under 2 seconds, no real downside.

Proof that my medical training was three decades ago.  When assisting our health unit with administering any injections, I still always aspirate.  If you do it right, there is no moving of the needle.  Besides, I'd rather have an unsteady hand possibly cause me a little discomfort with a moving needle, than possibly get injected into a vein! (YYMV)

Edited by TriGirl
clarity

14 hours ago, billvon said:

Those wacky nanoparticles are showing up all over.  First there was nanothermite in the Twin Towers, then there were nanobots in the vaccine - now there are nanoparticles in the virus!  It's like they know to get inside of anything that conspiracy nuts are worried about.

Can't slip one past you.  It's EXACTLY like nanothermite.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41578-021-00358-0

1 hour ago, winsor said:

Can't slip one past you.  It's EXACTLY like nanothermite.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41578-021-00358-0

It almost seems suspicious that the tech to provide the lipid coating and the ability to make the needed RNA particles both developed in time to combat the newly created virus. Most likely the drug companies, especially Moderna who is associated with an elite US college, manufactured this crisis for profit.

BTW Winsor, that is a great article from a great source. Try to keep finding this quality to post.

Edited by gowlerk

5 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

It almost seems suspicious that the tech to provide the lipid coating and the ability to make the needed RNA particles both developed in time to combat the newly created virus. Most likely the drug companies, especially Moderna who is associated with an elite US college, manufactured this crisis for profit.

6148dc4bcc22823ca562da7b4512ebbe8d713896.jpg

6 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Sure, you laugh at me now. But I'll bet you're still part of the secret linked cabal of retired professors with large stock holdings in bio-weapon companies. 

Pfft.

The professor recently admitted that he taught quantum 'stuff'.

Quantum is the study of really small stuff.

Nano particles are really small stuff.

Coincidence?

I think NOT!!!!!

• Like 2

Electing a Trumpist governor has consequences:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-09-29/california-vs-florida-covid-cases-deaths-after-delta-variant

Summer COVID-19 deaths

Florida had the highest COVID-19 death rate among the nation's 10 most populous states this summer.

Bar chart showing the COVID-19 death rate over the summer in the 10 most populous states. Florida had almost twice the rate of deaths as Texas.

Deaths per 100,000 residents
Florida
Texas
Georgia
North Carolina
California
Illinois
Michigan
Ohio
Pennsylvania
New York

5 hours ago, kallend said:

Electing a Trumpist governor has consequences:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-09-29/california-vs-florida-covid-cases-deaths-after-delta-variant

Summer COVID-19 deaths

Florida had the highest COVID-19 death rate among the nation's 10 most populous states this summer

It's behavioral. FL's vaccination rate was slightly above US average, nearly the same as CA.

1 hour ago, headoverheels said:

It's behavioral. FL's vaccination rate was slightly above US average, nearly the same as CA

Also in the demographics of who has been vaccinated.  In Florida almost all old people (and there are a lot of them) have been vaccinated, and far fewer 30 year olds.  The 30 year olds go out and party in bars and clubs; the old people don't.  In CA slightly fewer older folks have been vaccinated but far more 30 year olds are vaccinated.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 12:31 PM, headoverheels said:

It's behavioral. FL's vaccination rate was slightly above US average, nearly the same as CA.

And the fact that 50% vaccination is not enough to stop or even slow the spread. We need a lot more with Delta. Most experts say around 90 - 95% is require to kill the virus off.

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Westerly,

And, as the non-vax'd die off, we get closer & closer.

Jerry Baumchen

Somewhere there must be some sort of balance. 

1) As the unvaccinated get sick, they are clogging up the health care system.  Those who die, we don't have to worry about any longer, they won't have any future health care needs and their absence won't be adding any CO2 to the atmosphere.  In addition, if they are of child bearing age, no future offspring in need of health care or fossil fuels. 

2)If they get sick and survive, they may suffer from lingering health issues and need additional long term care or treatment.  

Sorry, I hit a wrong button.

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Westerly,

Jerry Baumchen

Somewhere there must be some sort of balance. 

1) As the unvaccinated get sick, they are clogging up the health care system.  Those who die, we don't have to worry about any longer, they won't have any future health care needs and their absence won't be adding any CO2 to the atmosphere.  In addition, if they are of child bearing age, no future offspring in need of health care or fossil fuels. 

2) If they get sick and survive, they may suffer from lingering health issues and need additional long term care or treatment.  

3) If the unvaccinated luck out and don't contract the virus or have a mild case, they may spread it to other unvaccinated people and we are back to #1 and #2.

4) The vaccinated who don't get sick will survive and need normal health care as they age, use fossil fuels and may produce offspring who will need normal health care and also use fossil fuels.  

Maybe #1 is the best long term option. but what do I know.

(edited)
5 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Westerly,

Jerry Baumchen

Yea but if we play it that way, by the time everyone gets infected we will be on COVID-27. It will just be an endless loop of new variants reinfecting over and over. I say drop the hammer hard. No vaccine = no service & no job. You can order your crap on Amazon and start your own online business. No BS religious exemptions either. The Pope got vaccinated along with nearly all of the high cardinals.... Talk about a mic drop...

Edited by Westerly

7 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Westerly,

Jerry Baumchen

I wish it were that simple, but many anti-vaxer's will either not get it or will get a mild case and turn around to say 'see, it wasn't that bad, this whole thing was a hoax all along'.  If it were true that no vaccination == death-sentence, a lot more people would be willing to re-think their ideologies.  

The number of people dead or suffering long-term consequences due to COVID should be enough to convince any rational person to take precautions with vaccinations, masks etc....that said, there are enough people who have various (ill-conceived) reasons for not taking precautions who can look at their buddy Tim who caught COVID and walked away, who will use that as justification for pretending that it isn't a major issue.  And there will always be enough 'Tim's' to keep that narrative alive for the true believers.  It sucks and it's ridiculous: I mean, think about the insanity of coming on a skydiving forum to brag about going to Disney unmasked just to own the Libs! 

As JoeWeber pointed out recently, the inability to take sensible precautions with such a sudden/acute threat coming out of left field and killing so many people in 18 months makes me pessimistic about our ability to deal with climate change.  I remember in the early days of the pandemic seeing a LinkedIn post from an oilfield connection saying something along the lines of "I guess those 'scientists' predicting 300,000 deaths are the same guys predicting more disasters from climate change".  I wish I'd grabbed a screenshot.

(edited)
2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

I’m just wondering how many people who say the vaccine was developed too quickly will be all over the new almost-approved just-developed medication that supposedly reduces the likelihood of serious illness. 
Wendy P. 

The requirement for which should be a vaccine. Sorry, you turned down the vaccine? Sorry, no scientific medication for you. You'll just have to sus it out with some O2 and a bed. Certainly no loss to society. If Covid was an engineered weapon, it was engineered to kill the most stupid of us and it's doing a fantastic job doing that.

Edited by Westerly

7 hours ago, wmw999 said:

I’m just wondering how many people who say the vaccine was developed too quickly will be all over the new almost-approved just-developed medication that supposedly reduces the likelihood of serious illness. 
Wendy P. 

But the right wingers won't take it until they release a version for horses.:tongue: