5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Interesting though how the hospitals are full with unvaccinated COVID patients. Those fuckers don't trust science to try and prevent them from getting sick, but certainly turn to science when it comes time to try and cure them from getting sick.

As far as I am concerned, they should be triaged to the back of the bus.

Absolutely

9 minutes ago, yoink said:

Absolutely

There are a couple of people who post here, one with the most easy going nature who will never fail to disarm you with charm and the other an ex-military type who is doing an inspiring job of resocializing, who each needed ICU beds that were fortunately available when needed. I can only imagine the "gosh darn it's" and "I'm killing those MF's" were some simpletons who refused vaccination clogging up the ICU.

What about the exhausted nurses and doctors looking after these simpletons. Twelve hour shifts day after day. Because of burnout and staffing shortages. Duty runs to week after week.

Then endless "bing, bing" of the patient calling for assistance with more of "I can't breathe". These professionals have had a year and a half of their compassion, empathy. Sucked out of them day after day as patient after patient is wheeled out to the morgue.

Thanks, Republicans.

SAN ANTONIO — At least two hospitals in Houston have been so overwhelmed with coronavirus patients this week that officials erected overflow tents outside. In Austin, hospitals were nearly out of beds in their intensive care units. And in San Antonio, a spike in virus cases reached alarming levels not seen in months, with children as young as 2 months old tethered to supplemental oxygen.

Across Texas, health officials warned of overloaded, strained hospitals, a growing crisis not seen since early February, when a late winter wave deluged the state’s health care system. More than 10,000 Texans have been hospitalized this week and at least 53 hospitals were at maximum capacity in their intensive care units.

“If this continues, and I have no reason to believe that it will not, there is no way my hospital is going to be able to handle this. There is no way the region is going to be able to handle this,” Dr. Esmaeil Porsa, a top health official in Harris County, which includes Houston, told state legislators on Tuesday. “I am one of those people that always sees the glass half-full, I always see the silver lining. But I am frightened by what is coming.”

And another one:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/8/8/2044519/-Missouri-Republican-State-Representative-and-Husband-Get-COVID-19-Husband-on-Ventilator

Asking for a 'miracle'.

Funny, there was a miracle. 
The vaccine was developed in a miraculously short time.
With virtually no serious complications.

Of course, she was 'healthy', and 'had friends who had side effects.'.

Rand Paul living the "American Dream". Using his position of power to tell people not to use masks or get vaccinated, while having bought stock in company making COVID treatments.

People, people, don't use prophylactics, they are bad for you. Get sick and then use this treatment, so I can make some more money.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/11/politics/rand-paul-wife-stock-gilead-sciences/index.html

4 hours ago, kallend said:

Thanks, Republicans.

SAN ANTONIO — At least two hospitals in Houston have been so overwhelmed with coronavirus patients this week that officials erected overflow tents outside. In Austin, hospitals were nearly out of beds in their intensive care units. And in San Antonio, a spike in virus cases reached alarming levels not seen in months, with children as young as 2 months old tethered to supplemental oxygen.

Across Texas, health officials warned of overloaded, strained hospitals, a growing crisis not seen since early February, when a late winter wave deluged the state’s health care system. More than 10,000 Texans have been hospitalized this week and at least 53 hospitals were at maximum capacity in their intensive care units.

“If this continues, and I have no reason to believe that it will not, there is no way my hospital is going to be able to handle this. There is no way the region is going to be able to handle this,” Dr. Esmaeil Porsa, a top health official in Harris County, which includes Houston, told state legislators on Tuesday. “I am one of those people that always sees the glass half-full, I always see the silver lining. But I am frightened by what is coming.”

Hi John,

Re:  Thanks, Republicans.

Well, they did elect Ted Cruz.  Just sayin'. . . 

Jerry Baumchen

17 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Interesting though how the hospitals are full with unvaccinated COVID patients. Those fuckers don't trust science to try and prevent them from getting sick, but certainly turn to science when it comes time to try and cure them from getting sick.

As far as I am concerned, they should be triaged to the back of the bus.

Hi Dekker,

And, there is this:  The ZIP code, for example, won’t be included in a new $15 million state program to encourage holdouts to get their shots.

‘I’m not gonna get it’: A neighborhood refuses vaccines despite Covid's wreckage - POLITICO

Looks like they are going to get their wish; if they don't want it, don't give it to them.

Jerry Baumchen

8 hours ago, wmw999 said:

The urban part of Houston, and much of Austin, actually have pretty good compliance rates. However, they're surrounded by a sea of suburbs.

Wendy P.

Its Texas where the right to bear arms is fiercely defended.

Its Texas where the fear to bare arms is always concealed.

Hi folks,

One doctor draws the line:  Therefore, as of October 1st, 2021, I will no longer see patients that have not been vaccinated against COVID-19. If you wish to keep me as your physician, documentation of your vaccination will suffice. If you wish to choose another physician, we will be happy to transfer your records.

Alabama doctor says he won’t treat unvaccinated people: ‘COVID is miserable way to die’ - oregonlive.com

Time for more to get on board.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 2

Hi folks,

Why am I not surprised; I mean, what else would they expect:  Virus outbreaks temporarily close 4 Texas school districts (msn.com)

Some intelligence in a sea of stupidity:  At least 21 other Texas school districts, including some of the state’s biggest, have instituted mask mandates, which are in violation of Abbott’s executive order banning such measures.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi folks,

On my local news just now:  A person in Douglas County, Oregon ( a hot-bed of non-vax'ers ) has died because there were no ICU bids available, they were all filled.  They simply had no rooms in which to treat him.

That's all I have now; it was BREAKING NEWS just now.

Simply getting the vax could have prevented this.

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

Forbes: Vaccination Status May Be Considered To Get ICU Beds At Dallas-Area Hospitals If Covid Spread Worsens

But if all things are equal between two patients suffering from Covid-19, the one who is vaccinated would be seen as more likely to survive, Casanova said, meaning they would receive care first.

Hi Robert,

Re:  would be seen as more likely to survive

Looks like the military triage system.  Brutal, but effective.

Jerry Baumchen

29 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

Re:  would be seen as more likely to survive

Looks like the military triage system.  Brutal, but effective.

Jerry Baumchen

It's not just the military. When I worked at a civilian hospital, we trained on triage procedures. And when I went through EMT certification a few years ago, that included triage training.

(edited)

AZ governor says he will withhold new federal school grants to public schools from those with mask mandates.

You money or your life.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/arizona_schools/gov-ducey-announces-grant-funding-for-schools-following-all-state-laws/article_20f9467c-ff90-11eb-94d9-b7b9114749f3.html

Reportedly, Ducey's offspring attend a private school with mask mandates in place.

Edited by headoverheels

1 hour ago, headoverheels said:

AZ governor says he will withhold new federal school grants to public schools from those with mask mandates.

You money or your life.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/arizona_schools/gov-ducey-announces-grant-funding-for-schools-following-all-state-laws/article_20f9467c-ff90-11eb-94d9-b7b9114749f3.html

Reportedly, Ducey's offspring attend a private school with mask mandates in place.

We need a few more prominent right wingers to follow Herman Cain's example.

8 hours ago, ryoder said:

Forbes: Vaccination Status May Be Considered To Get ICU Beds At Dallas-Area Hospitals If Covid Spread Worsens

But if all things are equal between two patients suffering from Covid-19, the one who is vaccinated would be seen as more likely to survive, 

Except that would never be the case as vaccinated people very rarely die from the virus and if they do they were probably terminal prior to the infection.