5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

5 minutes ago, kallend said:

Sacrificing your constituents' lives in order to appeal to the poorly educated voting bloc seems to be the GOP way.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/politics/ron-desantis-joe-biden-donald-trump-covid-politics/index.html

Bloomberg: Florida Hospitals Fighting to Get Oxygen With ‘Hand Tied’

Kay Ivey, R Governor of Alabama making sense....

“Folks supposed to have common sense, but it’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks. It’s the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down.”

https://us.cnn.com/2021/08/05/opinions/how-to-move-people-from-hesitant-to-vaccinated-bregman-jacobson/index.html

3 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Kay Ivey, R Governor of Alabama making sense....

“Folks supposed to have common sense, but it’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks. It’s the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down.”

https://us.cnn.com/2021/08/05/opinions/how-to-move-people-from-hesitant-to-vaccinated-bregman-jacobson/index.html

I just read most of the link and there may be a way to help convince someone to get the vaccine.  Tell them it is win win situation.

They can get the vaccine for free and have a good chance of protection from the virus.  If they get the vaccine and have a bad reaction, they still may have some protection from the virus and live long enough to join a class action suit and get a whole lot of money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, metalslug said:

According to Biden; 350 million Americans have now been vaccinated.  (He said it twice so it must be correct). That's 106% of the population.

Well done  :thumbup: 

Hi slug,

I think that we can somewhat agree that Joe Biden has a long history of stumbling with words; sometimes to the result of misreading/misstating things.

Here is one for you:  Things are more like they are now than they ever have been.

Who said that?  Well, it was Pres Ike.  

C'est la vie.

IMO the bottom line is that Joe Biden is not Trump; and that is good enough for me.

Jerry Baumchen

4 hours ago, metalslug said:

According to Biden; 350 million Americans have now been vaccinated.  (He said it twice so it must be correct). That's 106% of the population.

Well done  :thumbup: 

Well, technically, 350 million shots have gone into American arms. 

Just some of them were the same arm a second time.

It's an understandable mistake.
Every president has made them.

In this case, the White House admitted & corrected it fairly quickly.

I'll agree with Jerry. Despite the occasional mistake, he's NOT Trump.

I don't recall Trump ever admitting to a mistake.

8 hours ago, metalslug said:

Well done 

There have been 350 million vaccinations of Americans.  And that is 106% of the population.  But many of them were vaccinated twice.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

There have been 350 million vaccinations of Americans.  And that is 106% of the population.  But many of them were vaccinated twice.

Using that spin; food charities can feed three squares daily, over 30 days, to 100 people, and claim to have fed 9000 people.  

In an innocuous mistake and, yes, Trump has done worse, but this wasn't merely 'misread' twice; The leader of the free world doesn't seem to be aware of the population of his own country. For what it's worth; I'm not entirely anti-Dem; I have huge respect for both Clinton and Obama, but this man's health status is becoming more obvious.

It’s a stupid mistake and speaks to Biden’s mental faculties, as this isn’t the firsttime. And yes, I’d much rather have a more mentally switched on president.

But that’s not Trump. In fact, it’s 1000x better than Trump.

But it’s still a low bar.

1 hour ago, metalslug said:

Using that spin; food charities can feed three squares daily, over 30 days, to 100 people, and claim to have fed 9000 people.  

Right.  And it would be misleading, and a very poor way to describe it, but literally accurate.

4 hours ago, metalslug said:

In an innocuous mistake and, yes, Trump has done worse, but this wasn't merely 'misread' twice; The leader of the free world doesn't seem to be aware of the population of his own country. For what it's worth; I'm not entirely anti-Dem; I have huge respect for both Clinton and Obama, but this man's health status is becoming more obvious.

I think the US have lost their "leader of the free world"-status for quite some time now. At least in all countries which are not actually the US themselves.

You guys merely have the most soldiers; that is not the same.

8 minutes ago, Baksteen said:

I think the US have lost their "leader of the free world"-status for quite some time now. At least in all countries which are not actually the US themselves.

You guys merely have the most soldiers; that is not the same.

That would be China, not the US.

Due to the transmissibility of the Delta variant experts have suggested that 90% of the population is now required to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity. US new doses are at just under 700k per day. Which means herd immunity for the US(90%) will occur March 21, 2022.

At which time its anticipated that both Florida and Louisiana will be absent GOP voters due to mortality.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:07 PM, ryoder said:

Judge injects a dose of common sense into Arkansas: 

Arkansas judge blocks state from enforcing mask mandate ban

DeSantis’s reelection campaign has introduced T-shirts with the new classic "“How the hell am I going to be able to drink a beer with a mask on?” Plus the new standby “Don’t Fauci My Florida”

Common sense in Florida would require a Judge Dredd order.