5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Has the Fox propaganda machine decided encouraging their viewers to die isn't such a good idea after all???

Hannity: 'I believe in the science of vaccination'

Well, apparently they're also participating in what Tucker Carlson called "Medical Jim Crow"

The network is allowing people who prove they're vaccinated to skip over health checks and ignore mask, distancing and other protocols.

Hypocrisy at Fox News?
Inconceivable!!!

;P

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-hosts-railed-against-155259852.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAM6T5dKrjUIfGYzJQa5fOGzN-mwx42sN4hrOcg7SZleUs0eU2r499A9Rwk_iQ4yci9OUJkfZndyHqMRP-70aq5YSQMUJvIL3T7mrgZ8gBpoqHBKJkRYHlHvmPOAUfxEUynsxvamm2EFymjXGUKR1Ds4AQi_Ld2M-Zrguh5gQlq1z

On 12/20/2020 at 11:44 AM, wolfriverjoe said:

Yeah, how long before we start seeing spam posts offering "Genuine Fake CDC Vaccine Cards" along with Passports, "ELTS Certificates" and diplomas?

Fake medical specialty, no big surprise that she sold fake immunity tablets and fake vaccine cards.

https://abc7news.com/fake-covid-19-vaccine-vaccination-cards-scheme-fraud/10887317/

4 hours ago, ryoder said:

Has the Fox propaganda machine decided encouraging their viewers to die isn't such a good idea after all???

All except for Tucker Carlson, who is now calling his colleagues all sorts of names, and telling viewers to ignore them.  "There are a lot of people giving you medical advice on television and you should ignore them."

17 hours ago, billvon said:

All except for Tucker Carlson, who is now calling his colleagues all sorts of names, and telling viewers to ignore them.  "There are a lot of people giving you medical advice on television and you should ignore them."

TC = Twit.

Effective immediately, I will no longer give a shit if you wind up in the hospital with COVID. You made your decision, now die with it. Oh and fuck you, for not giving a shit about your loved ones. 

Dr. Brytney Cobia said Monday that all but one of her COVID patients in Alabama did not receive the vaccine. The vaccinated patient, she said, just needed a little oxygen and is expected to fully recover. Some of the others are dying. “I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections,” wrote Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, in an emotional Facebook post Sunday. “One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-sorry-but-its-too-late-alabama-doctor-on-treating-unvaccinated-dying-covid-patients.html

3 hours ago, BIGUN said:

TC = Twit.

Effective immediately, I will no longer give a shit if you wind up in the hospital with COVID. You made your decision, now die with it. Oh and fuck you, for not giving a shit about your loved ones. 

Dr. Brytney Cobia said Monday that all but one of her COVID patients in Alabama did not receive the vaccine. The vaccinated patient, she said, just needed a little oxygen and is expected to fully recover. Some of the others are dying. “I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections,” wrote Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, in an emotional Facebook post Sunday. “One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-sorry-but-its-too-late-alabama-doctor-on-treating-unvaccinated-dying-covid-patients.html

Hi Keith,

I consider myself as someone who cares about his fellow man; I vote for most bond issues for police, fire, etc.

However, I am with you; tell Hell with them.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  A week or so ago, the local news had a story about a 37-43 yr old guy who lives in a rather rural town about 35 miles from Portland.  As you would expect, he wanted nothing to do with the vax.  He got it, spent ~ 4 months in the hospital, got a double-lung transplant; and now believes in the vax.  :$

You simply cannot fix stupid; so why try?

• Like 1

(edited)
13 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Keith,

I consider myself as someone who cares about his fellow man; I vote for most bond issues for police, fire, etc.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  A week or so ago, the local news had a story about a 37-43 yr old guy who lives in a rather rural town about 35 miles from Portland.  As you would expect, he wanted nothing to do with the vax.  He got it, spent ~ 4 months in the hospital, got a double-lung transplant; and now believes in the vax.  :$

Hi folks,

And a follow-up:  I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.

‘I’m sorry, but it’s too late’: Alabama doctor on treating unvaccinated, dying COVID patients - oregonlive.com

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  I'm Sorry I Made You Cry - Connie Francis 1958 - YouTube

Edited by JerryBaumchen

Hi folks,

Interesting news from the NFL:  players on both teams will not be paid their weekly game checks, and the team responsible for the cancelled game due to unvaccinated players would be responsible for covering lost revenue from that game

NFL warns teams COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players will lead to forfeits: Report - oregonlive.com

We tried giving people money to get vax'd.  Now, maybe taking away their money may work.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 12:23 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Keith,

Jerry Baumchen

They don’t all get to cheat Darwin. 

On 7/21/2021 at 2:32 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

And a follow-up:  I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.

‘I’m sorry, but it’s too late’: Alabama doctor on treating unvaccinated, dying COVID patients - oregonlive.com

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  I'm Sorry I Made You Cry - Connie Francis 1958 - YouTube

Hi Jerry,

I came across this story from a different source. 

NBC link: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/it-s-too-late-alabama-doctor-shares-final-moments-covid-n1274659?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR0HH3lMaulYZUL9f268HX3Aa0SqK6K2v5rFhj04vRCoxAktdsJrNYiH8hI

They mention a couple things your story didn't. 

One being that she declined to be interviewed, saying she needed to 'step back', and that she's been receiving threats. 

The morons are threatening a doctor who is tired of seeing unvaccinated fools die. 
Why am I not surprised?

11 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Hi Jerry,....

One being that she declined to be interviewed, saying she needed to 'step back', and that she's been receiving threats. 

The morons are threatening a doctor who is tired of seeing unvaccinated fools die. 
Why am I not surprised?

Tribalism runs deep in Alabama and the GOP.

There is stupid, there is stupid as a box of rocks, and then there is this:

Got your COVID vaccine? Stay out, says California restaurateur decrying ‘stupidity’

Last week, Basilico’s Pasta e Vino in Huntington Beach posted signs requiring proof of being unvaccinated in order to enter, according to social media posts.

3 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Got your COVID vaccine? Stay out, says California restaurateur decrying ‘stupidity’

Last week, Basilico’s Pasta e Vino in Huntington Beach posted signs requiring proof of being unvaccinated in order to enter, according to social media posts.

That would be your GOP membership card, a receipt for donation to MAGA or other such "proof of stupidity".

23 hours ago, ryoder said:

Ok, what would he consider 'proof'?

Is this like the religious idiots who claim that there's no proof God doesn't exist, so he must?

On a similar note, people in Missouri are realizing that getting vaccinated is a good idea. But they're afraid of their friends & family finding out...

So they wear disguises. 

Really.

https://news.yahoo.com/people-missouri-wearing-disguises-vaccinated-220338718.html

20 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

On a similar note, people in Missouri are realizing that getting vaccinated is a good idea. But they're afraid of their friends & family finding out...

So they wear disguises. 

Really.

https://news.yahoo.com/people-missouri-wearing-disguises-vaccinated-220338718.html

Yes, well, I can relate. I mean, I have to confess I wore a mask when I got vaccinated.

• Like 2

(edited)
On 7/21/2021 at 7:00 AM, wmw999 said:

And if you recover, insurance should take into account whether you refused the vaccine. 
Wendy P. 

Sure ,the problem with this though is most people who end up in the hospital are there by their own fault. Injured? Well, thats your fault, you should have stayed home where it's safe. Heart disease? Maybe you should have ate healthier. Diabetes? Maybe you should have exercised more.  Cancer? Maybe you should have smoked less. ect. ect. ect. I know plenty of people who would argue that anyone who is stupid enough to jump out of an airplane should have to pay their own medical bills if they get hurt.

Edited by Westerly

Had an enlightening conversation with a retired public health doctor. He said that almost everyone that died in 2020 was classified as a COVID death if they had, or were suspected to have had, COVID. All the old people that had cancer, heart disease, or anything else that old people die from were classified as COVID deaths. There were virtually no flu deaths or deaths from those common causes in 2020. He said, "all those people were going to die anyway, they weren't killed by COVID." The death stats are inflated at least 30% maybe 60-70%. If you take that into consideration then the risk of dying from COVID is actually less than a tenth of a percent.

Looking at the US government reported stats: Population 328 million, covid cases 33.8 million, deaths 604,252. That equates to a 10.3% chance of getting COVID, 1.7% chance of dying if you get it, and 0.18% chance of dying from it in the US. Certainly these numbers would be worse without vaccines but no one really knows.

The lack of credible info and outright lies creates mistrust. There are a high percentage of people in the US that don't want to take a chance with their health. They see that, to some degree, the vaccine isn't working. They see the misinformation and lies, and that breeds mistrust. They see the negative outcomes that some are experiencing from the vaccine. They understand the stats and see that the risk of a negative outcome from COVID is less than 0.1%. These same folks are doing other things to stay safe.