5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

It is not practical to make the population continue taking precautions as the number of infections fall. There will be a level of transmission that we will have to accept. Like many other diseases in the past. Mostly it will be those who will not get vaccinated who will slowly pass it among themselves. The rest of us are not going to keep up with taking so much care to protect those who won't protect themselves. The immune suppressed people will pay a price as well. Just as they always have been susceptible to various infections.

Look at you! For some strange reason you got you some old time religion now that your immunity is kicking in.

(edited)
25 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Look at you! For some strange reason you got you some old time religion now that your immunity is kicking in.

I'm still mask wearing and we are on a tight lock down here. No visiting homes allowed at all. 10% capacity in retail stores. DZ closed down tight. Hospital ICU units over flowing and elective surgeries mostly cancelled. We are a month behind in vaccinations compared to the US and we are paying the price for having leaders who ignored the very obvious signs that a third wave was coming until it was too late. Religion be damned.

That said I am very optimistic for the near future. We will pass the US in vaccine uptake before long. 

Edited by gowlerk

7 hours ago, gowlerk said:

I'm still mask wearing and we are on a tight lock down here. No visiting homes allowed at all. 10% capacity in retail stores. DZ closed down tight. Hospital ICU units over flowing and elective surgeries mostly cancelled. We are a month behind in vaccinations compared to the US and we are paying the price for having leaders who ignored the very obvious signs that a third wave was coming until it was too late. Religion be damned.

That said I am very optimistic for the near future. We will pass the US in vaccine uptake before long. 

Don't bet the farm. Once our Bubba's find out they won't be getting play time with the sheep if'n they get Covid they'll be beating down the doors, instead. Brilliant marketing by someone, methinks.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Don't bet the farm. Once our Bubba's find out they won't be getting play time with the sheep if'n they get Covid they'll be beating down the doors, instead. Brilliant marketing by someone, methinks.

We have sheep here too ya know.......

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

More exciting news from that known hotbed of enlightenment, Mifflin County, PA.

Don't be making fun of Mifflin.  They are leaders in Japanese steel manufacture - AND are the headquarters of an adult incontinence product company!

6 hours ago, billvon said:

Don't be making fun of Mifflin.  They are leaders in Japanese steel manufacture - AND are the headquarters of an adult incontinence product company!

I live in State College https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_College,_Pennsylvania in Centre County, not Mifflin.  You guys would feel right at home as we have a significant infestation of Democrats.  

8 hours ago, billvon said:

From the topography it makes a guy wonder if someone isn't waiting to inherit a shale lease. Hmmm.....

(edited)
On 5/15/2021 at 8:20 AM, JoeWeber said:

From the topography it makes a guy wonder if someone isn't waiting to inherit a shale lease. Hmmm.....

Gas prices need to approach $4/gal before fracking gets big again in this area.  I see Joe is working on it though.

Edited by airdvr

1 hour ago, jimjumper said:

CA average is already over $4. Has been for a while. But we are getting $600 stimulus checks as Newsome tries to buy enough votes to survive a recall.

While it’s true that Newsom is moving the process along, and most likely for the reason you state, the budget surplus is large enough this year that that they are required by law to refund some tax dollars. Of course, they aren’t refunding the money back to those who actually paid it in the first place.

https://apnews.com/article/california-health-personal-taxes-immigration-business-555e6ec5ba03fa7a0eaade211df21c08

In 2018 CA voters passed a ballot measure to raise gas taxes to pay for road & highway improvements. I’m going to take a guess that every person who drives an EV on said roads & highways voted yes on that one. 

2 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Nope. We just need laws that require doggers to keep their drooling, crotch licking, cat turd eating machines at home and away from airlines, restaurants and Home Depot.

Now you've just confused the hell out of our UK friends.

• Like 2

Just now, ryoder said:

Now you've just confused the hell out of our UK friends.

Hadn't considered that. Several years back I put on a couple of Australian TM's. On a windy day I asked one if he'd like to come shag a few tandems. Talk about big eyeballs.

• Like 2