5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

I got my second Pfizer on Saturday, and yes, I did drink water, and no, I didn't feel anything other than the sore arm again. Spent Sunday helping my brother do yardwork (my husband knows a lot about trees and pruning etc)

Wendy P.

Hi Wendy,

I got my 2nd Pfizer yesterday PM; arm sore, otherwise, feel fine.

Jerry Baumchen

8 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

We celebrated our first Pfizer shots with two bottles of Veuve La Grande Dame and felt great.

OMG!!! Joe where are you and who is torturing you with this vile swill?!?!?. I don't know who they are. I don't know what they want. If they're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like them. Tell them that If you let my friend go now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for them, I will not pursue them... but if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them... and I will make them pay..

Now listen to me carefully . . .when they come for you and they will; I want you to tell me everything you see, every sound you here and I will find you!!! 

8 hours ago, BIGUN said:

OMG!!! Joe where are you and who is torturing you with this vile swill?!?!?. I don't know who they are. I don't know what they want. If they're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like them. Tell them that If you let my friend go now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for them, I will not pursue them... but if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them... and I will make them pay..

Now listen to me carefully . . .when they come for you and they will; I want you to tell me everything you see, every sound you here and I will find you!!! 

I take such chances knowing you'll come for me. It's a comfort.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I seems that assorted flavours of deplorables are going to do all they can to make sure that Covid-19 remains endemic in the good old USA.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2021/03/15/gop-worries-threaten-virus-fight

We have a solution!

Obama Persuades Republicans to Take Vaccine by Urging Them Not To

38 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I seems that assorted flavours of deplorables are going to do all they can to make sure that Covid-19 remains endemic in the good old USA.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2021/03/15/gop-worries-threaten-virus-fight

According to a Marist poll, 47% of  2020 Trump voters do not intend to get vaccinated.

Generally confirms that Trump had a lock on the imbecile vote.

56 minutes ago, kallend said:

According to a Marist poll, 47% of  2020 Trump voters do not intend to get vaccinated.

Generally confirms that Trump had a lock on the imbecile vote.

I'm good with that.

It means there will be more available and I'll get mine sooner.

It means more of them will get sick. Some will die. 
If they've been given the opportunity, if they've been given the information, if they choose to ignore science and reality...

Too fucking bad. 

President Biden evidently felt sorry for Mexicans and has decided to give millions of doses to Mexico. His empathy for poorer and less wealthy countries is admirable.

Oh! and he feels sorry for Canadians as well. That won't likely stop some Canadians from badmouthing Americans. But as the saying goes Ce la vie.

"Tens of millions of doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine have been sitting in American manufacturing sites. But while their use has already been authorized in dozens of countries, the vaccine has not yet been approved by American regulators.

The White House plans to send 2.5 million doses of the vaccine to Mexico and 1.5 million to Canada, according to a White House official, who said logistics on the plan were still being discussed."

(edited)
3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

President Biden evidently felt sorry for Mexicans and has decided to give millions of doses to Mexico. His empathy for poorer and less wealthy countries is admirable.

Oh! and he feels sorry for Canadians as well. That won't likely stop some Canadians from badmouthing Americans. But as the saying goes Ce la vie.

For Canada at least, those are doses previously procured by Canada, which have not been allowed to be exported by the US government. Characterizing that as them being "given" is just ever so slightly disingenuous.

And the saying is c'est la vie.

Edited by SkyDekker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

For Canada at least, those are doses previously procured by Canada, which have not been allowed to be exported by the US government. Characterizing that as them being "given" is just ever so slightly disingenuous.

And the saying is c'est la vie.

Any proof of that idea?  "Canada did not attempt to procure any vaccine doses from the US after the Trump administration indicated it would not allow any vaccines to be exported."

Which is obviously not the same as "previously procured by Canada". The EU held up doses for a short period of time then subsequently relented.

21 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Any proof of that idea?  "Canada did not attempt to procure any vaccine doses from the US after the Trump administration indicated it would not allow any vaccines to be exported."

Which is obviously not the same as "previously procured by Canada". The EU held up doses for a short period of time then subsequently relented.

The procurement took place prior to that announcement. Canada was early in coming to procurement agreement, knowing it lacked the facilities to manufacture domestically. One of those contracts is for instance with Pfizer. Pfizer manufactures the vaccine both in the US and the EU. The contract with Pfizer does not stipulate a manufacturing site.

So when the US allows Pfizer to ship vaccines from the US to Canada, it isn't "giving" the vaccine to Canada. It is allowing Pfizer to live up to a contractual obligation from within the US.

(edited)
21 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

The procurement took place prior to that announcement. Canada was early in coming to procurement agreement, knowing it lacked the facilities to manufacture domestically. One of those contracts is for instance with Pfizer. Pfizer manufactures the vaccine both in the US and the EU. The contract with Pfizer does not stipulate a manufacturing site.

So when the US allows Pfizer to ship vaccines from the US to Canada, it isn't "giving" the vaccine to Canada. It is allowing Pfizer to live up to a contractual obligation from within the US.

No. Biden is only allowing the vaccine not approved in the US to be exported. Canada let its manufacturing facilities perish. Canada and by default Trudeau was in fact slow to procure contracts from the manufactures. Although it was faster than some EU countries. The slow pace of deliveries from the EU are consistent with the agreed contractual delivery schedules. Thats why, despite repeated questioning from the conservative party and journalists. He has refused to provide intermediate and long term dates for delivery. Why the rollout in Canada has been slower than the EU.

Canada now ranks about 40th in the world in per capita vaccinations, according to the University of Oxford’s Our World in Data. Liberals now lead Conservatives only by one point, Abacus says.. Furthermore thats after enticing India to shortchange some of its less developed customers and sell to Canada.

Canada has one main reason for being 43rd. Its slow contracted procurement scheduling. Thats Trudeau's fault. Not the US, not trump, nor anyone else.

Edited by Phil1111

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Its slow contracted procurement scheduling.

What does that mean? If you mean the contracts have non-aggressive timelines, that may be the case, but that is not what I am talking about. it is actually completely besides the point.

You indicated the US was feeling bad for Canada and was giving vaccines to Canada. I simply said that allowing shipments of paid for vaccines is not the same as giving and that implying such would be disingenuous.

Canada's vaccine roll-out has been very poorly managed. Not sure why you are trying to conflate those two issues.

7 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

What does that mean? If you mean the contracts have non-aggressive timelines,

Every contract will have a time of delivery stated, together with the price and other relevant terms. Without a time in which the goods or services are render in fact it would not be a contract.

8 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

You indicated the US was feeling bad for Canada and was giving vaccines to Canada. I simply said that allowing shipments of paid for vaccines is not the same as giving and that implying such would be disingenuous....

No I'm sure the US is allowing the manufacturer to sell the aforementioned vaccines to Canada that have not yet been approved for use in the US. Canada has NOT contracted yet for any vaccines manufactured in the US. As such, they certainly would not have been paid for. As I quoted in the linked story.

I asked you if you had any evidence to the contrary. So far you have not supplied such evidence.