5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Namby pamby non-confrontational non-talk. I didn't say tell him he's a moron, I said be unambiguous. Frankly, brother, what you said to him did him zero good. 

I tell you you're a moron and it doesn't do you any good. B)

11 hours ago, ryoder said:

2019 US population: 328M

2019 US annual death rate: 8.7 people per 1,000

=> 2.855,340 fatalities/year => 7823/day

2020-03-11:  33,863,127 fully vaccinated people*

33,863,127 / 328.2 million = ~10%

7823 * 0.10 = ~782/day expected fatalities from the pool of fully vaccinated people

*) The number of shots given is ~2X times the number fully vaccinated.

Two problems with that reasoning.

#1 - The priorities for vaccinating were to take care of older people first. Nursing home residents are approaching 90% vaccinated. Around here, they are starting to allow visitors into the homes. 
Those older people are going to die at higher rates than that average. 

#2 - You're using logic. Facts.

Haven't you realized by now that those NEVER work on Trumpettes? They don't want no stinkin' facts. They want to believe what they want to believe. They'll ignore a mountain of evidence and grasp that one anecdote that supports their idiocy.

Personally, I'm done being nice. 

If that moron chooses to refuse the vaccine, good. That's one more dose that gets me closer to getting mine. 
If those fools wish to ignore science, let them. 

Maybe a bunch of them will die. 
Making the world a bit more intelligent by their leaving it.

• Like 1

A local health authority near Toronto has ordered an Amazon DC to shut down to contain an outbreak there. Jeff Bezos in his capitalist wisdom is attempting an "appeal". Just like he thinks Canada is Texas. It reminds me of when he had Whole Foods try to ban poppy wearing on Remembrance Day.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon-facility-in-brampton-ordered-to-close-employees-self-isolate-over-covid-19-outbreak-202230983.html

12 hours ago, gowlerk said:

It is old enough to be in an age group with a death rate from Covid about 25 times higher than the 20 year old you like to think you still are.

You know what a Venn diagram is?  I'm in the set that didn't die or even get sick.

I'm off on a scuba trip to the Bahamas in 3 weeks.  You?

2 minutes ago, kallend said:

You know what a Venn diagram is?  I'm in the set that didn't die or even get sick.

I'm off on a scuba trip to the Bahamas in 3 weeks.  You?

Driving a truck hauling wood pulp to a mill in SE Missouri, and charcoal back home. You put a lot of faith in anecdotal evidence for a man well acquainted with rigorous science.

8 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Driving a truck hauling wood pulp to a mill in SE Missouri, and charcoal back home. You put a lot of faith in anecdotal evidence for a man well acquainted with rigorous science.

Seriously? It's not just vaccines, you guy's also can't make burnt wood?

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Seriously? It's not just vaccines, you guy's also can't make burnt wood?

Good charcoal comes from hardwood. Salem MO is where I pick it up. On the edge of the Mark Twain National Forest. A seriously beautiful drive on  MO SR32 from the east.

10 hours ago, gowlerk said:

If you guys need charcoal, we have thousands of acres of it left over from last year, here in CO.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, ryoder said:

If you guys need charcoal, we have thousands of acres of it left over from last year, here in CO.

Making charcoal is one thing. Making it into briquettes and bagging it then warehousing and marketing it as "Royal Oak Charcoal" and getting a contract to supply it to Walmart is a little more work.The whole place is covered with a layer of black dust.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@37.7207139,-91.513628,859m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en&authuser=0

Edited by gowlerk

(edited)

Hey. Good charcoal is a serious thing.

I’ve still got a little bintochan charcoal from a previous purchase. I use it sparingly, but it’s fantastic.

It’s a wierd material - almost crystalline. If you tap two pieces together it rings like ceramic.

Edited by yoink

On 3/13/2021 at 9:48 PM, kallend said:

I'm in the set that didn't die or even get sick.

I got the second Moderna Saturday and was prepared for my immune system to get a little angry, but the only thing that happened was some soreness and swelling at the injection site the next day. Wendy posted if you drink water before and after the shot - it helps. I don't really believe that, but I don't need a lot of excuses to drink water either. The most refreshing drink for me is water with fresh lemon and I usually drink at least four-six quarts of it a day.   Have fun scuba diving - me: Jealous. 

I got my second Pfizer on Saturday, and yes, I did drink water, and no, I didn't feel anything other than the sore arm again. Spent Sunday helping my brother do yardwork (my husband knows a lot about trees and pruning etc)

Wendy P.