5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

15 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Yes, yearly or bi-yearly vaccination booster shots may become a thing. Fortunately mRNA technology is adaptable and seems likely to be up to the job.

Sure, but that is not what I was getting at. The COVID vaccine doesn't protect against SARS or MERS as far as I know. There is no reason to believe the COVID vaccine will be effective against the next version of the coronavirus. Although lessons learned could obviously speed up vaccine development for the next version.

SARS pandemic started around November 2002. MERS was first found in April 2012. COVID around January 2020. If this pace continues the next corona-virus outbreak will be around 2026.

(edited)
18 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

SARS pandemic started around November 2002. MERS was first found in April 2012. COVID around January 2020. If this pace continues the next corona-virus outbreak will be around 2026.

Could be right. I have no prediction at all on the potential emergence of SARS-CoV-3

Edit, that got me looking and I found this about preparations for it.

https://healthcare-in-europe.com/en/news/researchers-prepare-for-sars-cov3.html

Edited by gowlerk

4 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

Alcohol shortly before or after the vaccination is thought to interfere with getting the best immune response.  Shortly being days, not minutes.

Common belief, totally incorrect.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/no-issues-drinking-alcohol-won-t-affect-covid-19-vaccine-efficacy-doctors-say-1.5289137

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-alcohol-may-affect-your-response-to-the-covid-19-vaccine

But apparently some Russian scientist was quoted saying this about the Sputnik.

On 2/29/2020 at 4:13 PM, airdvr said:

I know you guys are just licking your chops hoping Trump bungles this and hundreds if not thousands die.  Quote me in the future if you like...ain't gonna happen.

I was just looking back and found this gem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Yep.  I was wrong and admitted such.

"Trump bungles this and hundreds if not thousands die.  Quote me in the future if you like...ain't gonna happen".

Why admit anything? You were absolutely spot on by Republican standards. In fact, it wasn't "hundreds if not thousands" it was actually hundreds of thousands. You were right again.

17 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

"Trump bungles this and hundreds if not thousands die.  Quote me in the future if you like...ain't gonna happen".

Why admit anything? You were absolutely spot on by Republican standards. In fact, it wasn't "hundreds if not thousands" it was actually hundreds of thousands. You were right again.

Does pointing this out make you feel better?  YW

Tô go along with the zit popping should come acknowledgment of the change in attitude, especially because it was openly admitted at the time. No, there wasn’t a thread entitled “man I fucked up again,” but definitely an admission that Covid was real, and a discussion of the shit his wife was giving him over the previous attitude. 
Wendy P. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

OK, so six beers. You might want to think twice before hanging around the fire at my DZ or having Von Novak over with what he packs in his luggage.

I'll train hard. But tbf there was also the vaccine