5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

52 minutes ago, Westerly said:

So according to the graph maybe the best defense against Covid at this point is to terminate all federal holidays? They seem to be the equivalent of pouring a shipping container of gas on a forest fire, so suspending them entirely may be in the best interest of all.

When did Superbowl Sunday become a federal holiday?  No-one told me.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 8:42 AM, gowlerk said:

This is threatening to become a major event. Borders are closing down and governments are nervous. And now Trump has decided that putting Pence "in charge" of US preparedness is a good way of nailing his VP's coffin lid shut. What are you going to do when it comes into your town? I'm a little concerned as a frequent border crosser for work. As authorities struggle to figure out the best approach many are over reacting and causing economic damage in a futile effort.

Hi Ken,

Talk about an ominous prediction.

IMO there are too many people on here going on & on about what we should have done.  It made me think of this:

Chad & Jeremy - Yesterday's Gone (1964) - Bing video

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Talk about an ominous prediction.

Yes Jerry,

And it has unfolded mostly as I thought it would. Actually a little better as I didn't anticipate that we would make real efforts to avoid the worst, and the vaccines are more effective and coming faster that I would have guessed. I'm not as old as you, but I also like Chad & Jeremy and find myself listening to a lot of 60s music lately.

As far as being a major event goes, I hope this will be the most major one in my time.

6 hours ago, Westerly said:

Yea, I wonder people died from the actions of martin shkreli when he raised the price of drugs 1000x so no one could afford them anymore? Nice to know you care so much about people who care so little about you. You'd make a great union rep.

What about people who aren't working now. Should they go to the back of the vaccine line? The undocumented immigrants and their children who are being held in detention. Since they are not US citizens shouldn't they be at the back of the line? How about migrant farm workers with temporary visas should they get a vaccine ahead of a citizen if their older?

18 hours ago, Westerly said:

Yea, I wonder people died from the actions of martin shkreli when he raised the price of drugs 1000x so no one could afford them anymore? Nice to know you care so much about people who care so little about you. You'd make a great union rep.

It's quite possible there are innocent people in unions, too, you know.

On 2/3/2021 at 2:16 PM, Westerly said:

So your response is to behave just like him?

I'd like to think that we, as a society are better than that.
We're not, but I'd like to think so.

Seems that New York State had imposed penalties on vaccinators who administered doses to "unauthorized" individuals, resulting in vaccines being trashed instead of used.

Fortunately the incredible stupidity seems to have been recognized.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/10/nyregion/new-york-vaccine-guidelines.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210204&instance_id=26794&nl=the-morning&regi_id=89442825&segment_id=51053&te=1&user_id=ca24d8cbef60603e22e6b56f4ff89857

Hi folks,

Being stupid has consequences:  A Canby restaurant that had its liquor license suspended . . . for “not following public health social distancing and face covering requirements

‘We deserved it,’ says Canby restaurant owner whose liquor license was suspended by OLCC - oregonlive.com

Jerry Baumchen

15 hours ago, kallend said:

Seems that New York State had imposed penalties on vaccinators who administered doses to "unauthorized" individuals, resulting in vaccines being trashed instead of used.

Fortunately the incredible stupidity seems to have been recognized.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/10/nyregion/new-york-vaccine-guidelines.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210204&instance_id=26794&nl=the-morning&regi_id=89442825&segment_id=51053&te=1&user_id=ca24d8cbef60603e22e6b56f4ff89857

That must be fake news. According to the shills, vaccines are NEVER thrown away. Just ask anyone in the last three pages. Anyone other than me.

11 hours ago, Westerly said:

That must be fake news. According to the shills, vaccines are NEVER thrown away.

No one claims that other than you.

It's generally a bad idea to tell such lies on a forum like this, since there is a record of the conversation kept essentially forever.

16 minutes ago, kallend said:

Mary and I got our second shots today (our appointments were for next Wed., but they had 3 cancellations due to inclement weather so we offered to move up).

Good for you. Were you waiting in the dumpster or was it more civilized than Westerly suggests?