5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

1 minute ago, billvon said:

But - can also lead to lower fitness in a static world.

True. 

But the world we are in today has changed more than 'just a little bit' since last year at this time.

Adapting to those changes has been...

Challenging. But I've been doing a fairly decent job of it so far...

I think. 

47 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, one of Darwin's ideas was 'survival of the fittest'. ...
Those that can best adapt to changes are most likely to survive a changing world. ...

As long as weddings, cohabitation, or any actions that could lead to reproduction don't take place.

18 hours ago, ryoder said:

Some people are just too fucking stupid to be allowed to roam freely!>:(

https://www.texasmonthly.com/being-texan/texas-wedding-photographers-have-seen-some/

Just read the first 4 paragraphs. 

We just need to talk to them and be non-confrontational while searching for some common ground. Something terrible must be bothering them if they are engaging in such obvious self destructive behavior. That's where we need to look so we can help them face their real problems and start to heal.

I’ve come to appreciate how tightly WA controls things and the measures in place. We lifted our interstate borders on the 8th December and I flew interstate to NSW on Tuesday for a couple of days. There’s been an outbreak here in Sydney 17 people in 2-3 days and so WA have reinstated mandatory quarantine. 
So I’ll be spending Xmas and New Years home alone as I fly back tomorrow. 

It does go to show how quickly they need to take action to keep things under control

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

We just need to talk to them and be non-confrontational while searching for some common ground. Something terrible must be bothering them if they are engaging in such obvious self destructive behavior. That's where we need to look so we can help them face their real problems and start to heal.

And really, they are just lazy, this is just who they are. Not something to lose friends over.

On 12/16/2020 at 12:50 PM, ryoder said:

Some people are just too fucking stupid to be allowed to roam freely!>:(

https://www.texasmonthly.com/being-texan/texas-wedding-photographers-have-seen-some/

Just read the first 4 paragraphs. 

I honestly think people that callous, and selfish, with such a complete lack of concern for other human beings shouldn't be sharing our air. >:( They are going to go on and breed the next generation of terrible selfish humans, it is a real shame.

"She recalled one conversation from that wedding, before she left the reception. “I have children,” she told a bridesmaid. “What if my children die?” The bridesmaid responded, “I understand, but this is her wedding day.”

Speechless.

Edited by DougH

The GOP and the rule of law:

Two teen brothers refused to see their dad. An Ohio judge locked them up during a pandemic

The Family Court Judge Who Threatened a Mother With Contempt of Court for Getting Her Child a COVID-19 Test

"Ohio juvenile court Judge Timothy Grendell thought coronavirus precautions were overblown, and made sure people knew it. In one case he forbade a mother from getting her children tested for COVID-19. Then, one of them had to go to the emergency room....

At a protest rally in May, just steps away from where he presides over family court, Grendell proclaimed that public health restrictions to contain the pandemic were unconstitutional and “we should be allowed to get back to our lives.” The following month, he testified to state lawmakers in Columbus that health authorities and a “drumbeat” of media coverage had “created an atmosphere of fear” surrounding the virus....

he referred to the pandemic as a “panic-ademic” in the midst of a custody proceeding in his courtroom in Geauga County, outside Cleveland. And he has claimed that 15 mothers in his court have used the virus as an excuse in custody cases to “mess with” their exes’ parenting time.

Yes its the same judge, yes he's a GOP appointee.

"Seventy-one percent of Americans are willing to be vaccinated, up from 63 percent in September, according to a survey released this week by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Still, the survey found that Republicans were the most likely to be hesitant, with 42 percent saying they would probably not or definitely not be vaccinated, as compared with 12 percent of Democrats."

Just Darwin's theory working on the trump mob of misfits, ne'er-do-wells and delinquents.

Edited by Phil1111

Stupid is as stupid does.

https://news.yahoo.com/gop-congressman-says-not-covid-163644542.html

A Repubican congressman from Colorado announced he would not be taking the coronavirus vaccine because he’s “an American”, a statement that’s sparked controversy among officials.

Representative Ken Buck was asked on Friday about when he would receive the coronavirus vaccine given other members of Congress, such as Senate Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, got the jab.

4 hours ago, kallend said:

A Repubican congressman from Colorado announced he would not be taking the coronavirus vaccine because he’s “an American”, a statement that’s sparked controversy among officials.

Representative Ken Buck was asked on Friday about when he would receive the coronavirus vaccine given other members of Congress, such as Senate Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, got the jab.

I love the sacrifice by the GOP/trumpites by not taking the vaccine. While:

Who Gets the Vaccine First? Furious Lobbying by Interest Groups "Companies, unions and industry trade associations are lobbying governments to include their workers in the next round of virus vaccines."

Perhaps a PAC should be established to advertise on FOX for an anti-vaxxer campaign. I know trump would be a paid spokesman.

Anti-vaxxers should forgo ventilators, German doctor says

Edited by Phil1111

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

I love the sacrifice by the GOP/trumpites by not taking the vaccine. While:

Who Gets the Vaccine First? Furious Lobbying by Interest Groups "Companies, unions and industry trade associations are lobbying governments to include their workers in the next round of virus vaccines."

Perhaps a PAC should be established to advertise on FOX for an anti-vaxxer campaign. I know trump would be a paid spokesman.

Anti-vaxxers should forgo ventilators, German doctor says

The coming fight over vaccine priorities, vaccine requirements in various occupations and anti-vaxxers will be a dumpster fire of epic proportions. And will shortly be added to by the fight over who gets the more effective mRNA vaccine and who gets the cheaper and probably less effective alternatives. So far I have not seen any methods of proving a person's vaccination status. But I find it hard to believe that some scheme for that is not coming out shortly.

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

The coming fight over vaccine priorities, vaccine requirements in various occupations and anti-vaxxers will be a dumpster fire of epic proportions. And will shortly be added to by the fight over who gets the more effective mRNA vaccine and who gets the cheaper and probably less effective alternatives. So far I have not seen any methods of proving a person's vaccination status. But I find it hard to believe that some scheme for that is not coming out shortly.

Interesting news bite I saw yesterday for possible upcoming test for antibody status:

7 hours ago, kallend said:

Ken Buck is a familiar name here in CO. His congressional district is essentially all the rural area East of the populated Front Range (Fort Collins to Colo Springs corridor), to the Kansas border. We never expect to hear anything thoughtful from him.

17 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Ken Buck is a familiar name here in CO. His congressional district is essentially all the rural area East of the populated Front Range (Fort Collins to Colo Springs corridor), to the Kansas border. We never expect to hear anything thoughtful from him.

But he plays well in Limon and Kit Carson though.

4 hours ago, gowlerk said:

The CDC has a card for it. My wife already got the vaccine and they stamp a card proving it.