5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

(edited)

Pastor of California Megachurch That Defied Lockdown Order Dies of COVID-19

"A California pastor has died from COVID-19, five weeks after his megachurch reopened in defiance of the state’s ban on indoor religious services...the church nevertheless ignored a mid-July order banning indoor church services. Church officials insisted to the Times that Byrant didn’t come to church after he developed symptoms but they weren’t sure when the pastor was last in the church."

In other religious news:

Michigan Pastor Tells Congregation to Catch COVID-19 and ‘Get It Over With’

"A Michigan pastor has encouraged his congregation to contract the deadly coronavirus surging across the state so they can just “get it over with.” Bart Spencer, a senior pastor at Lighthouse Baptist Church in Holland, made the stunning suggestion during a Nov. 14 sermon. “COVID, it’s all good. It’s OK. Get it, get it over with, press on,..Lighthouse Baptist Church is still holding in-person services without masks or social distancing mandates. “We trust our people to make their own decisions,” Spencer said.."

No wonder trump has so many supporters from the religious right.

spacer.png

Edited by Phil1111

(edited)

225,000 cases a day. It was looking like it might level off, but nope. I bet 300k by X mass. I wonder if we will get to 400? I have a feeling that by the time that Covid is no longer a thing and the pandemic is done and over, a whole lot of people are going to regret some of the choices they made. Mark my words, if you want an in demand job, choose anything in medicine. I think all medical professionals will be in demand for the coming years.

Edited by Westerly

Ok, we may now have something that will force all the ding-a-lings to take this seriously.

Covid does a lot of different things to a lot of different anatomic systems. Respiratory is one, neurological is another. 
But one of the bigger issues is the damage it does to the vascular system (blood transportation). 

Like many diseases that affect the vascular system, one of the areas it hits hard is the small capillaries that do the 'final delivery' of blood to various places.

One of those 'places' is the penis.

That's right. Covid can cause Erectile Dysfunction:

https://nypost.com/2020/12/05/covid-19-could-cause-erectile-dysfunction-doc-says/?fbclid=IwAR0KAVji4oKoQBjbdB5x0OoZwEOTRpC6QbxbLfUEhbGQDc8anrQTnS1HlWM

Link is NY Post, but a search will find a variety of stories from a wide range of sources.

Do you think knowing that a good case of Covid means the possibililty of a lifetime of ED will make the idiots take it seriously?

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Ok, we may now have something that will force all the ding-a-lings to take this seriously.

Covid does a lot of different things to a lot of different anatomic systems. Respiratory is one, neurological is another. 
But one of the bigger issues is the damage it does to the vascular system (blood transportation). 

Like many diseases that affect the vascular system, one of the areas it hits hard is the small capillaries that do the 'final delivery' of blood to various places.

One of those 'places' is the penis.

That's right. Covid can cause Erectile Dysfunction:

https://nypost.com/2020/12/05/covid-19-could-cause-erectile-dysfunction-doc-says/?fbclid=IwAR0KAVji4oKoQBjbdB5x0OoZwEOTRpC6QbxbLfUEhbGQDc8anrQTnS1HlWM

Link is NY Post, but a search will find a variety of stories from a wide range of sources.

Do you think knowing that a good case of Covid means the possibililty of a lifetime of ED will make the idiots take it seriously?

Hi Joe,

Re:  'Do you think knowing that a good case of Covid means the possibililty of a lifetime of ED will make the idiots take it seriously?'

No, but if they cannot reproduce; well, that might just be a good thing.

:$

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

Re:  'Do you think knowing that a good case of Covid means the possibililty of a lifetime of ED will make the idiots take it seriously?'

Jerry Baumchen

Could this be the "SHTF" event that Ron keeps predicting? :tongue:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry,

Well, I've thought that the idiots pretending Covid is 'just a hoax' were going to demonstrate Darwin's principles quite well.

This would be just another way for them to do it.

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

He's 76 and the trump inner circle keeps playing with fire.

Yeah, and he is in the hospital and will likely be just fine.  I expect that the average 76 year old with identical tests/symptoms would be told to stay home and isolate, especially with the current occupancy rate. Like when Christie checked himself into a hospital when he came up positive.

2 hours ago, headoverheels said:

Yeah, and he is in the hospital and will likely be just fine.  I expect that the average 76 year old with identical tests/symptoms would be told to stay home and isolate, especially with the current occupancy rate. Like when Christie checked himself into a hospital when he came up positive.

Next up, Monoclonal Anti-body treatment no one else can get.

On 12/2/2020 at 2:48 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

Also, lots of people are insisting they have the 'right' to gather as many family members together, unmasked while eating, up close and personal. 

Many will also find they have the 'right' to become sick. And to die.

And yet, they will be the first to complain about medical insurance rates going up next year.

Not "while you are sick".

But as a continuing and permanent disability after you get over it.

There are people who will use oxygen for the rest of their lives because their lungs were damaged.
There are people with permanent heart damage.
Some folks have permanently diminished senses of smell & taste.

And apparently some will have permanent ED. 

And your party may be the first event, but there's lots of places that are announcing plans to require proof of vaccination. 

Quantas airlines is one.
Ticketmaster is another. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

And your party may be the first event, but there's lots of places that are announcing plans to require proof of vaccination. 

I'm guessing that by spring I will need it to cross the border. I have friends who are talking like they are vaccine shy, but want to be able to travel to the US to skydive. Maybe someday, if they get their inoculations.