5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

10 hours ago, ryoder said:

Apparently it was supposed to be a secret, and he's been appearing in public without a mask.

'Cuz it's all a hoax.

(edited)
2 hours ago, lippy said:

I wonder if he still thinks this was funny

matt-gaetz-gas-mask-ht-jc-200304_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg

Only when more GOP political representatives die will the message get through, Herman Cain,David Andahl,Peter Secchia, etc. are just not enough. 240,000 ordinary Americans not enough.

Edited by Phil1111

18 hours ago, kallend said:

What? 

Didn't they say we wouldn't hear any more about it after November 

See new Tweets

Tweet

knoller_reasonably_small.jpg

Chief of Staff Mark Meadows says WH aiming to have 100 million doses of Coronavirus vaccine ready to go by end of October. Says goal is to make the the most vulnerable and highest risk people are vaccinated in that first group. Says up to 300 million doses would be ready in Jan.

8 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Pfizer is reporting some very favourable preliminary results for it's vaccine this morning. The pre-opening stock market is soaring.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/11/09/health/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-effective/index.html

First thing I saw on FB this morning:

"Biden Invents Vaccine Only Two Days After Election Is Called"

-- Andy Borowitz

LOL!

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

First thing I saw on FB this morning:

"Biden Invents Vaccine Only Two Days After Election Is Called"

-- Andy Borowitz

LOL!

All kidding aside. Thankfully the deep state within Pfizer waited until Biden was declared victor. Had they announced this a week prior to the election like the board wanted. trump may have spun it to victory.

4 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Pfizer is reporting some very favourable preliminary results for it's vaccine this morning. The pre-opening stock market is soaring.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/11/09/health/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-effective/index.html

Just another arguing point as to why it should be released immediately. Every day they are screwing around trying to make "sure, super sure sure' that it's effective and safe is another day thousands die. Sometimes you just have to call it good enough and move forward.

7 minutes ago, Westerly said:

Just another arguing point as to why it should be released immediately. 

I am very glad you're not in a position of power at the FDA.  A vaccine released early could be far worse than a better tested vaccine released later.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Westerly said:

Just another arguing point as to why it should be released immediately. Every day they are screwing around trying to make "sure, super sure sure' that it's effective and safe is another day thousands die. Sometimes you just have to call it good enough and move forward.

Exactly. The Nova comes to mind as proof positive. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Annnnddddd next up on the Whitehouse Virus Lottery:

HUD Secretary Ben Carson tests positive for coronavirus

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/09/hud-secretary-ben-carson-tests-positive-for-coronavirus.html

And Trump Senior campaign advisor David Bossie to the list. He's the asshole in charge of the baseless election lawsuit program, I think.

(edited)
2 hours ago, billvon said:

I am very glad you're not in a position of power at the FDA.  A vaccine released early could be far worse than a better tested vaccine released later.

Lots of things 'can' happen. I can tell you what WILL happen. Hundreds of thousands more people will be dead for every few months it's not released. 

And what happens when the vaccine is finally approved and the FDA says yep it's safe and effective? Then we're gonna be like crap, I guess it was safe all along. Well kind of late at that point for a lot of people who are already dead.

Edited by Westerly

47 minutes ago, Westerly said:

Lots of things 'can' happen. I can tell you what WILL happen. Hundreds of thousands more people will be dead for every few months it's not released. 

And I can tell you what WILL happen if a vaccine is released and it turns out to have serious side effects.  All those nutjobs will say "see?  I've been telling you all along - these vaccines are UNSAFE!  I have PROOF!"  And they will actually have it - and will be listened to.

And the next vaccine will have to go a much longer set of trials before it's released.  And when it is released, most will refuse to use it it.  "Remember last time when the FDA said it was safe?  Not injecting my kids with that.  I'll wait a year."

And millions will die.  That's worse than hundreds of thousands.

If you want to join a vaccine trial I support that 100%.  Go for it.

If you want to end the disease before then, push as hard as you can for universal masking, testing, distancing, contact tracing and improved hygiene.  Those aren't as quick and easy as a shot you get in ten seconds - but are a whole lot safer at this point.   And they are very effective.

And what happens when the vaccine is finally approved and the FDA says yep it's safe and effective? Then we're gonna be like crap, I guess it was safe all along. Well kind of late at that point for a lot of people who are already dead.

I have a Nova that I haven't jumped for years.  Do I feel foolish when someone else jumps a Nova and says "See?  It landed FINE.  You're afraid of nothing!"  Nope.  Because I have enough experience to know that "it will probably be OK" is not sufficient evidence for me to trust my life to it.  Same with vaccines.

• Like 3