5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

So Trump just retweeted a call to fire Fauci.  And the retweet contains what I suspect will be Trump's new narrative - "I WANTED to shut everything down and mandate masks, but Fauci wouldn't let me!  HE is to blame for the bungled response!"

32 minutes ago, billvon said:

So Trump just retweeted a call to fire Fauci.  And the retweet contains what I suspect will be Trump's new narrative - "I WANTED to shut everything down and mandate masks, but Fauci wouldn't let me!  HE is to blame for the bungled response!"

Hi Bill,

And a drowning person will grab at straws.

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
5 hours ago, billvon said:

Just goes to show, you can get to be a 70 year old man without growing a spine or a set of balls.

We might have discovered a new species. Homopoliticus Assholus.

Edited by yoink

On 10/24/2020 at 2:03 PM, Westerly said:

I wouldent say they are a fool, more like they are just being disrespectful and uncaring. A mask doesent do much to protect YOU from COVID, unless it's an N-95 that has been properly fitted and seal tested, and even then it only offers some protection as the virus is smaller than the the minimum size particle the mask is rated to stop. The point of a mask is to stop you from infecting others, which is why not wearing one implies you dont care about other people. 

I need to get my winter boots because my feet are getting cold! I wonder if the residents of hell got a frost warning before I almost typed the exact same response and saw yours instead. 

Not wearing a mask isn't about taking a chance with your health, it is about taking a chance with everyone else health by putting those around you at a higher risk of infection.

Keep it up you super patriots!

3 minutes ago, DougH said:

I need to get my winter boots because my feet are getting cold! I wonder if the residents of hell got a frost warning before I almost typed the exact same response and saw yours instead. 

Not wearing a mask isn't about taking a chance with your health, it is about taking a chance with everyone else health by putting those around you at a higher risk of infection.

Keep it up you super patriots!

A single virus probably isn't enough to get most people sick; I've seen surmising that it takes a droplet with at least 1000 virii to fairly reliably infect someone, and more than that to make most people seriously ill. If those are still accurate, then it might be that most people can fight it off it some degree, but not everyone.

So the mask keeps the larger droplets out and maybe lets some micro-ones in. More importantly, most of what leaves your mouth is larger droplets that become more dispersed in air currents -- the mask stops a lot of them.

When I have a cold, I keep away from people, and might even tell the people where I volunteer so they can either change what I do that day or tell me not to come in.

Seems polite

Wendy P.

40 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

When I have a cold, I keep away from people, and might even tell the people where I volunteer so they can either change what I do that day or tell me not to come in.

Seems polite

You must be a communist! How dare you set us all on the slippery slope of considering our impact on others. You are both giving up privacy by volunteering your sacred health data and are on board with the invasion of your person by wearing a minorly inconveniencing item on your face. 

Freedom must be unfettered by any personal responsibility.

Never forget, my body my choice, unless it is some 15 year old rape victim in a conservative state, then it is gods life gods choice > my body my choice.

6 hours ago, DougH said:

You must be a communist! How dare you set us all on the slippery slope of considering our impact on others. You are both giving up privacy by volunteering your sacred health data and are on board with the invasion of your person by wearing a minorly inconveniencing item on your face. 

I've jumped with Wendy.  She's definitely a pinko-liberal-commie of the worst kind.

Trump in Tampa:  "We know the disease. We social distance. We do all of the things that you have to do." - that's funny

Also Trump in Tampa: "If you get close, wear a mask. 'Oh, it's controversial.' It's not controversial to me. You get close, you wear a mask. Social distance, social distance."

Now that's interesting.  Did one of his advisers get through to him finally?  Did he actually listen to his new frenemy Fauci?  Or is he just saying "what the hell" and trying everything?  If he'd started with this six months ago he'd probably be in the lead today, and other countries would be pointing to the US as an example of how to deal with COVID-19 - instead of banning travel from the most infected country on the planet.

10 minutes ago, billvon said:

Trump in Tampa:  "We know the disease. We social distance. We do all of the things that you have to do." - that's funny

Also Trump in Tampa: "If you get close, wear a mask. 'Oh, it's controversial.' It's not controversial to me. You get close, you wear a mask. Social distance, social distance."

Now that's interesting.  Did one of his advisers get through to him finally?  Did he actually listen to his new frenemy Fauci?  Or is he just saying "what the hell" and trying everything?  If he'd started with this six months ago he'd probably be in the lead today, and other countries would be pointing to the US as an example of how to deal with COVID-19 - instead of banning travel from the most infected country on the planet.

Hi Bill,

'Or is he just saying "what the hell" and trying everything?'

Alex, I'll take 'What the Hell' for $200.

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
9 hours ago, kallend said:

Record new cases for the week.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/10/30/us/us-covid-case-record.html

"Rounding the corner"

"Almost nothing"

How long until we're at 150,000 a day? The really bad news is going to come in 3-4 weeks when deaths are topping 4,000 a day.

All the money and effort we put into a 15 year war after 9/11 due to 2,977 deaths, yet Covid is going to be killing that many people per day pretty soon and we havent put in 1/4th the amount of effort into controlling this issue. I guess it's easy to ignore when its a virus doing the killing and not 'terrorists who want to kill Americans'.

Edited by Westerly

20 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

If I have learned anything about the American Dream, it is that those who aren't achieving it are simply too lazy to work for it.

Exactly.  Too bad those people aren't willing to work hard and just want government handouts.

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

If I have learned anything about the American Dream, it is that those who aren't achieving it are simply too lazy to work for it.

That's funny because usually the hardest working people tend to make the least amount of money while the laziest who have relatively easy jobs make the most.

1 minute ago, Westerly said:

That's funny because usually the hardest working people tend to make the least amount of money while the laziest who have relatively easy jobs make the most.

Unfortunately, there isn't an "acid voice" icon. Some people, when there is talk of income inequality or poor working conditions, say that poor people should just buckle down and work harder, or get a different job. Because after all, they managed it.

Wendy P.