5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

So how about this new covid management plan? It looks like the new national strategy is heard immunity, also known as absolutely no plan at all. Open everything up and let everyone just get infected. meanwhile antibody testing at a national level has relieved that only about 10% of the population has been infected with Covid so far so we're only about 1/10th of the way there and already have 210,000 deaths.

I dont know why we had to wait until now to do this. If the plan is 'fuck everyone, just let the virus do its thing' we could have done that from the start and avoided all these costly shutdowns.

Meanwhile, many starts are already on a head start. Several states have completely lifted all mask mandates and fully reopened all parts of the economy with absolutely no restrictions at all. I suspect the 2nd wave is going to make the first look like a joke and we're going to be right back to hardcore lock down in December, but now with 400,000 deaths instead of 200,000.

It's funny how an organism completely void of all intelligence and reasoning ability is able to completely outsmart an entire country by exploiting the natural idiocy of people that convinces them to do retarded things.

Edited by Westerly

23 minutes ago, Westerly said:

It's funny how an organism completely void of all intelligence and reasoning ability is able to completely outsmart an entire country by exploiting the natural idiocy of people that convinces them to do retarded things.

The election was 4 years ago. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Westerly said:

I'm expecting that the US/Canada border will remain mostly closed for several more months. We are also seeing an increase in both infection and stupidity here, but not at anything near the level you have.

In other news, the city of Manaus, in the Brazilian state of Amazonas, may actually have reached herd immunity. By, of course, following what the Brazilian president suggested, which was absolutely nothing. They had nearly 2500 deaths (it's a remote area, and Brazil in general has more outdoor jobs than the US), and the death rate has fallen dramatically. story

With the quick startup in deaths in NYC, we were never going to be that lackadaisical and just let stuff happen. And other cities in Brazil, less remote and more crowded, have not had the same thing happen.

Wendy P.

On 9/22/2020 at 11:30 PM, jakee said:

It's the exact statement that I was initially responding to. That's the opposite of a strawman.

Jakee, it went sideway's when you put the cart before the horse here: "Hillary was nominated because most voters wanted Hillary to be president."  The way it works in America is first you are nominated by your party and then you are voted for by the voters. I suppose you could argue that the nominating process is driven by the predicted will of the people but it wouldn't go unchallenged.

12 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Jakee, it went sideway's when you put the cart before the horse here: "Hillary was nominated because most voters wanted Hillary to be president."  The way it works in America is first you are nominated by your party and then you are voted for by the voters. I suppose you could argue that the nominating process is driven by the predicted will of the people but it wouldn't go unchallenged.

First, context. Most Primary voters wanted Hillary to be president. Second, relevance. What does that have to do with you wrongly accusing me of a strawman argument?

Am I wrong? Are you one of the guys who can't admit to a mistake?

5 hours ago, jakee said:

First, context. Most Primary voters wanted Hillary to be president. Second, relevance. What does that have to do with you wrongly accusing me of a strawman argument?

Am I wrong? Are you one of the guys who can't admit to a mistake?

I said: Hillary was nominated by her powerful political machine that precluded the possibility of a more viable challenger to Trump. 

You said: That’s just another way of saying she ran a better campaign than anyone else. 

I disagree. Furthermore, just because someone disagrees with you or your rewrite of their thoughts does not mean they need to pass some fucking Jakee litmus test for integrity to continue here. 

3 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I said: Hillary was nominated by her powerful political machine that precluded the possibility of a more viable challenger to Trump. 

You said: That’s just another way of saying she ran a better campaign than anyone else. 

I disagree. Furthermore, just because someone disagrees with you or your rewrite of their thoughts does not mean they need to pass some fucking Jakee litmus test for integrity to continue here. 

Well, she did run a better campaign. Part of what made it better was the support she got from the DNC that others didn't.

And who would have been more viable? 
Sanders? 

And I think you lose the "Wendy Challenge" for today (and with that comment, so do I).

19 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

What does any of that have to do with you wrongly accusing me of using a strawman argument?

I guess you are one of the people who can't admit to making a mistake. That's disappointing.

17 minutes ago, Westerly said:

there is nothing to discuss with the election. Polls show a 97% chance of Binen winning. it's a done deal. 

That's the type of attitude that actually scares me. It's one of the reasons Hillary lost last time.

43 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

Many states ended up with more Trump votes, by 1% to 4% of total cast, than the 2016 poll averages showed.  Only a few states had substantially more Clinton votes than the poll average reflected. 

True, but polling companies need to sell their product in a competitive environment. They've had 3.5 years to try to figure out why their last product was faulty, and fix those faults as best they can. They're still not going to be perfect but it's likely that they're better this time around.

23 hours ago, Westerly said:

there is nothing to discuss with the election. Polls show a 97% chance of Binen winning. it's a done deal. i wonder how many lives will be saved by having someone who takes covid seriously in charge?

Glad you're so sure of the outcome.  Perhaps, like 4 years ago you'll just skip voting because there's no chance Trump can win.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Glad you're so sure of the outcome.  Perhaps, like 4 years ago you'll just skip voting because there's no chance Trump can win.

Anyone who thinks Trump can't win is not looking clearly at the situation and does not understand the electoral College.

3 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Anyone who thinks Trump can't win is not looking clearly at the situation and does not understand the electoral College.

And how many Americans really only care about hurting other people. They fundamentally do not agree with "a rising tide raises all boats".

Republicans only care about themselves at the cost of anything and everything else and Trump is the perfect embodiment of that.

33 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Republicans only care about themselves at the cost of anything and everything else and Trump is the perfect embodiment of that.

It's getting worse than that.  Some republicans are willing to harm themselves as long as it harms democrats more.  Look at the reactions to COVID-19.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Trump and first lady take coronavirus tests after top aide Hope Hicks tests positive for Covid-19

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/politics/hope-hicks-positive-coronavirus/index.html

who cares? it is expected that they would take a test. how this is news is the biggest question.

Edited by Westerly