gowlerk

covid-19

3 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:
10 hours ago, ScottishJohn said:

Putin has taken the vaccine and declared that there are no side effects

received_770956626988793.jpeg

How about a NSFW????

What the fuck?

Men are allowed to take their shirts off - so definitely safe for work, no worries.

5 hours ago, Coreece said:
5 hours ago, turtlespeed said:
15 hours ago, ScottishJohn said:

Putin has taken the vaccine and declared that there are no side effects

received_770956626988793.jpeg

How about a NSFW????

What the fuck?

Men are allowed to take their shirts off - so definitely safe for work, no worries.

Also, I just wanted to take the time to give credit to the photoshop job.  Notice the boob shadow - shadows/reflection are everything when it comes to 3d and other work like this.   They even included a little nipple shadow down there near the belt buckle - I can appreciate fine details like that.  At this point I'm wondering if it's even fake.

(edited)
On 8/14/2020 at 2:46 AM, jakee said:

I don’t think you understand  attorneys.

Worst case is it doesn’t work, all the millions of people who think they’ve been inoculated abandon social distancing and any other efforts at keeping the R number down, and infections reach a brand new high.

Or worse 10 years from now the airwaves are flooded with commercials similar to the RoundUp cattle calls of recent.  I can't think of any pharma that wants to risk those types of class action suits.

Edited by airdvr

12 hours ago, airdvr said:

Or worse 10 years from now the airwaves are flooded with commercials similar to the RoundUp cattle calls of recent.  I can't think of any pharma that wants to risk those types of class action suits.

Vaccine makers have a large degree of immunity from lawsuits.

Lots of pharma companies are trying to come up with a vaccine.
The money will be huge.

(edited)
6 hours ago, kallend said:

What an abysmal lack of leadership.

It's not just lack of leadership. The finger points 360 degrees in this issue. Everyone from the highest to the lowest on the totem pole is to blame. There are still way too many people out there who do not and will not ever take the matter seriously until the time in which they catch it and end up in the ICU. That's when they will take it seriously. Worse, some people are hardly effected by the virus which only reinforces others' ideas that it's all bullshit. "I had a friend who was infected and he dident even know it!". But yes, the leaders up top arnt exactly setting the standard here either. Then again, there is always another side to it. Exactly how long can we afford to live in our houses and keep businesses closed? What's the end game with this strategy? Just stay at home until...forever? Until a vaccine comes out and everyone gets it? The correct solution would have been to hit it hard from the beginning like the other countries did, but we're way past that now and real solutions are now exceedingly limited.

One thing that would help would be nationally controlled random testing based on SSN. The US tests 0.25% of the entire population per day at random. If you get called up, you have 24 hours to report by law. That would at least help with tracking immensely.

Edited by Westerly

21 minutes ago, Westerly said:

It's not just lack of leadership. The finger points 360 degrees in this issue. Everyone from the highest to the lowest on the totem pole is to blame. There are still way too many people out there who do not and will not ever take the matter seriously until the time in which they catch it and end up in the ICU. That's when they will take it seriously. Worse, some people are hardly effected by the virus which only reinforces others' ideas that it's all bullshit. "I had a friend who was infected and he dident even know it!". But yes, the leaders up top arnt exactly setting the standard here either. Then again, there is always another side to it. Exactly how long can we afford to live in our houses and keep businesses closed? What's the end game with this strategy? Just stay at home until...forever? Until a vaccine comes out and everyone gets it? The correct solution would have been to hit it hard from the beginning like the other countries did, but we're way past that now and real solutions are now exceedingly limited.

One thing that would help would be nationally controlled random testing based on SSN. The US tests 0.25% of the entire population per day at random. If you get called up, you have 24 hours to report by law. That would at least help with tracking immensely.

The first part - I agree with 100%.

The second is a bit problematic.

Basically you are saying that everyone is under house arrest and must comply.  Maybe we can get nifty number tattoos on our arms or even bar codes. (Sarcasm)

25 minutes ago, Westerly said:

Like that will be followed, when people can't even wear a mask, avoid crowds, or delay a hair cut.

(edited)
45 minutes ago, Westerly said:

...One thing that would help would be nationally controlled random testing based on SSN. The US tests 0.25% of the entire population per day at random. If you get called up, you have 24 hours to report by law. That would at least help with tracking immensely.

I can see the bikers at Sturgis lining up now.

The demographics for Sturgis are interesting 17% below age 44 and average age 54. Other dangerous covid vulnerability factors are average waistline of 54 inches.Although the five killed in separate motorcycle crashes, over the seven day rally won't have to worry about covid.

Edited by Phil1111

On 8/16/2020 at 11:11 AM, Coreece said:

Also, I just wanted to take the time to give credit to the photoshop job.  Notice the boob shadow - shadows/reflection are everything when it comes to 3d and other work like this.   They even included a little nipple shadow down there near the belt buckle - I can appreciate fine details like that.  At this point I'm wondering if it's even fake.

I keep coming back to this post and honestly I have to agree. For me, it's the matching of the blown highlights from the left collarbone to the top of the left breast, it's pretty much exactly what you'd see in real life.

45 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

I can see the bikers at Sturgis lining up now.

The demographics for Sturgis are interesting 17% below age 44 and average age 54. Other dangerous covid vulnerability factors are average waistline of 54 inches.Although the five killed in separate motorcycle crashes, over the seven day rally won't have to worry about covid.

Maybe not, but they will probably be counted that way.

<sarcasm>

Headline "5 new Covid deaths at Sturgis" 

(edited)
1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

The first part - I agree with 100%.

The second is a bit problematic.

Basically you are saying that everyone is under house arrest and must comply.  Maybe we can get nifty number tattoos on our arms or even bar codes. (Sarcasm)

Well most people with real jobs need to submit for drug testing at work. In most cases, your choices are submit for the test or find an entirely different industry to work in. That isint any real choice, so in short they are required to do it. Considering it's literately relevant to national security and national health, yea I'd say it's an acceptable inconvenience and some other countries are already doing this anyway.

Edited by Westerly

17 minutes ago, mistercwood said:
On 8/15/2020 at 9:11 PM, Coreece said:

I keep coming back to this post and honestly I have to agree. For me, it's the matching of the blown highlights from the left collarbone to the top of the left breast, it's pretty much exactly what you'd see in real life.

Nice catch.  It doesn't really show on my laptop unless I tilt the screen, (otherwise the colors all just run together) but it definitely shows up on my amoled display.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Westerly said:

Well most people with real jobs need to submit for drug testing at work. In most cases, your choices are submit for the test or find an entirely different industry to work in. That isint any real choice, so in short they are required to do it.

It's still a choice.  I get your point, but not everyone needs to be put on community supervision, and call in to see if they need to test daily.

Edited by turtlespeed

2 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

It's still a choice.  I get your point, but not everyone needs to be put on community supervision, and call in to see if they need to test daily.

Well with 40% of cases being asymptomatic, I'd argue we do need to put everyone on community supervision. This is not about 'trusting' people to do the right thing and get tested and self-isolate if they are getting sick (which many people wont do BTW). This is about tracking the virus which is impossible if millions are getting infected and they dont even know it. I've had several people I know who tested positive only because they were required to do so for one reason or another. They dident even know they had it. That means they would have gone to work, gone out, ect and infected people without even knowing. That's one of the main reasons why the virus is spreading so aggressively. It's not hordes of sick people going out and saying fuck it. It's people who dont know they have it going out and spreading it around.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Westerly said:

Well with 40% of cases being asymptomatic, I'd argue we do need to put everyone on community supervision. This is not about 'trusting' people to do the right thing and get tested and self-isolate if they are getting sick (which many people wont do BTW). This is about tracking the virus which is impossible if millions are getting infected and they dont even know it. I've had several people I know who tested positive only because they were required to do so for one reason or another. They dident even know they had it. That means they would have gone to work, gone out, ect and infected people without even knowing. That's one of the main reasons why the virus is spreading so aggressively. It's not hordes of sick people going out and saying fuck it. It's people who dont know they have it going out and spreading it around.

That's one of the issues - where does your right to not get sick (Imagined) stop and my right to privacy (illusion) begin?

https://www.statnews.com/2020/08/17/what-we-now-know-about-covid19-and-what-questions-remain-to-be-answered/

The long lasting side affects are not even out yet.

There are some mid range side effects - that are starting to be seen.  We have a long way to go though.

Edited by turtlespeed

4 hours ago, mistercwood said:

Shadow on the left arm looks straight but shouldn't it be curved with a rack like that? We need to get some lunar landing hoax people in here to take a look.

7 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Maybe not, but they will probably be counted that way.

<sarcasm>

Headline "5 new Covid deaths at Sturgis" 

<eyeroll> you're so predictable.

Well New Zealand had 13 new cases yesterday and Trump is calling it a 'terrible surge'. Thirteen.

The US had 40,612 new cases. Winning.