5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

Re:  '“I’ve not seen one single person wearing a mask,” said bartender Jessica Christian, 29. “It’s just pretty much the mentality that, ‘If I get it, I get it.’”

That, along with Trump saying in the Axios interview, 'It is what it is.' pretty much says it all.

So much for common sense.

Jerry Baumchen

Common sense, personal responsibility, common decency, concern for others, paying attention to experts and science, the list goes on. 

As with those who decided to violate the 'stay at home' orders to go to church, I'd really like to see all of the bikers get presented with "DNR/DNI" orders that they need to sign in order to attend.

If it was only them, I'd be fine with it. Unfortunately, they will likely infect others. Both in SD and back at home. 

We hit 5 million confirmed cases. Over 160k deaths. 

No sign of it slowing down.

We're fucked.

39 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

You, your family and your friends. Vigilance. You control what you can.

Hi Phil,

'Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty'

https://www.monticello.org/site/research-and-collections/eternal-vigilance-price-liberty-spurious-quotation

And my all-time favorite:

The Nazi's first came for the Communists and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.  Then they came for the Jews and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.  Then they came for the trade unionists and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.  Then they came for the Catholics and I didn't speak up

because I was a Protestant.  Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak for me.

Rev. Martin Niemoeller

Jerry Baumchen

On 7/9/2020 at 10:25 AM, mistercwood said:

Two weeks, a visual aid: 

image.png.6421775a38a4309d3fe123d28fbbed2a.png

1 month later:

image.png.08fc30265afb829a6aecd764d7aa2a9d.png

I'd also note that the peak in daily cases came exactly one day after the admin required hospitals to bypass the CDC and provide results to HHS instead, then magically began declining. Make of that what you will.

6 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Common sense, personal responsibility, common decency, concern for others, paying attention to experts and science, the list goes on. 

As with those who decided to violate the 'stay at home' orders to go to church, I'd really like to see all of the bikers get presented with "DNR/DNI" orders that they need to sign in order to attend.

If it was only them, I'd be fine with it. Unfortunately, they will likely infect others. Both in SD and back at home. 

We hit 5 million confirmed cases. Over 160k deaths. 

No sign of it slowing down.

We're fucked.

***Motorcycle for sale. Low miles, trailered to Sturgis once. Must sell to pay medical bills. Willing to negotiate.***
Cycletrader.com and Craigslist in 3-4 weeks.

(edited)
1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

How soon till the “Russian vaccine” shows up for sale on Amazon!? 

Wiki Sales, Google Shopping, The Canadian Drug market?

I guess I should add that this is all tongue-in-cheek for those that like to deliberately get offended by my posts for no real tangible reason.

Edited by turtlespeed

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:
11 hours ago, gowlerk said:

How soon till the “Russian vaccine” shows up for sale on Amazon!? 

Probably with Ivanka branding.

2 hours ago, kallend said:
3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

It may get the Biden seal of approval.

Maybe even the Harris seal . . . that's the one that actually matters.

Second place is first loser.

Everyone gets a Trophy!

Hi folks,

I wonder how he is going to pay for all of the lawsuits.

Re:  'Florida Sheriff Orders Deputies And Staff Not To Wear Face Masks'

Woods added that "effective immediately, any individual walking in to any one of our lobbies (which includes the main office and all district offices) that is wearing a mask will be asked to remove it."

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/08/12/901756223/florida-sheriff-orders-deputies-and-staff-not-to-wear-face-masks

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
14 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

I wonder how he is going to pay for all of the lawsuits.

Yes its puzzling.If I didn't know better I'd guess he's related to trump.Either way a lawyer with the ink still wet on his license could slam dunk a action against the sheriff and county.

Edited by Phil1111

4 hours ago, airdvr said:

What part of "currently" is it that you don't understand?  In the past 2 weeks Florida alone has had more deaths than the UK, Spain and Italy combined.  So has Texas.

Look it up.

1 minute ago, airdvr said:

I'm sure, with all we know about how to try and protect yourself, that you consider this Trump's fault.

Trump is not responsible for anything.  He's told us that quite clearly.  (Except for anything good - then it's all him.)

38 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I'm sure, with all we know about how to try and protect yourself, that you consider this Trump's fault.

Leaders lead.

Trump, OTOH, denied, delayed, and dithered with the result that in order to look good we, the richest and most technologically advanced nation in the world, now have to compare our outcomes with the likes of Qatar, Peru and Iran.

(edited)

While the Russian vaccine might be bullshit, the general premise of what they are doing is not and the USA should follow suit. Hear me out.

The FDA has three phases for clinical trials. Phases 1 and 2 are largely about safety. Phase 3 is about effectiveness (mostly). There are a few US vaccines currently in phase three. Because they are in phase 3, the FDA has already declared them safe. They are just trying to figure out effectiveness. So why not bypass phase 3 entirely and just offer it to anyone who wants it? Worst case it doesent work, in which you mostly just wasted money. But if it does work (and so far phases 1 and 2 show them to be effective) we could save 200,000+ deaths that will inevitably occur between now and when it is due to come out at the end of next year.

Even if the vaccine did cause harm to some people under specific conditions that phases 1 and 2 dident catch, what will cause more harm, the vaccine that's proven mostly safe or COVID that will continue to kill thousands per day until this vaccine is rolled out in full? Seems like an easy answer to me. The pros of waiting do not exceed the cons even if it means rushing the trials.

Edited by Westerly
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Westerly said:

While the Russian vaccine might be bullshit, the general premise of what they are doing is not and the USA should follow suit. Hear me out.

The FDA has three phases for clinical trials. Phases 1 and 2 are largely about safety. Phase 3 is about effectiveness (mostly). There are a few US vaccines currently in phase three. Because they are in phase 3, the FDA has already declared them safe. They are just trying to figure out effectiveness. So why not bypass phase 3 entirely and just offer it to anyone who wants it? Worst case it doesent work, in which you mostly just wasted money.

Because no vaccine is 100% safe.  Heck, you could inject a million people with pure saline and a very small percentage would get serious infections from the injection, or a careless healthcare worker would administer the wrong injection.  So they have to show that the benefit exceeds the (small) risk.

However, once a vaccine does demonstrate (some) effectiveness, I agree.