5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

Just now, airdvr said:

Covid remains a very regional problem.  In Ohio the 5 counties with the highest numbers are under a mask-wearing order.  Remove those counties and the Ohio death toll is 1,254.  In my little slice of Ohio there have been 1,244 cases, 213 hospitalizations, and 116 deaths.  That's in a county with a population of just under 371,000.

While not to be toyed with you need to take a closer look at what's happening around you on a local level.

That's very true.

But what is happening with new cases?
That's the big question.

Here in WI, were seeing a huge spike. Counties that were under a hundred cases a month ago are now over 300. 
Daily new infections bottomed out in the mid 200s a few weeks ago. Friday saw 954. 7 day average is well above 600. My county is now well over 600 total and will likely top 700 early this week.
This is not going away.

The only 'ray of hope' is that deaths are not climbing the same way new cases are.

Nobody knows for sure (like so much about this disease), but it's likely a combination of younger people getting sick (average age has dropped a lot), better treatment (in part experience in treating it, in part getting people in the hospital when they are earlier in distress), and increased testing finding more sick people. 

59 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Covid remains a very regional problem.  In Ohio the 5 counties with the highest numbers are under a mask-wearing order.  Remove those counties and the Ohio death toll is 1,254. 

That's true.  And if you removed just three counties from the 9/11 attacks, there were zero deaths.  That isn't that useful of an observation, though.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

The Trump administration is now going after Fauci.

Trump retweeted the following today: "So based on Dr. Fauci and the Democrats, I will need an ID card to go shopping but not to vote?" (Which of course isn't true.)  "The most outrageous lies are the ones about Covid 19. Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it's all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I'm sick of it."

So we are back to the "COVID-19 is a hoax" meme.  Most doctors and scientists and the CDC are all lying to us.  Only Trump knows what's really going on.

I am starting to think that Trump really might be able to push the death toll into the millions.

Science is the enemy in the Covid war and trump is the President at War. This is the cartoon released by the WH to undermine science.

Virus immunity in recovered patients may be gone in months, researchers say

People who have recovered from COVID-19 may lose their immunity to the virus within months, according to research released this month. 

The study is the first of its kind examining the antibody levels in confirmed coronavirus patients and evaluating how they change over time. 

Researchers analyzed immune responses of patients and health care workers at Guy's and St. Thomas’ National Health Service Foundation Trust in London and found that levels of antibodies that destroy the virus quickly declined after peaking several weeks after patients exhibited symptoms. 

The study found that 60 percent of the patients had a “potent” antibody response at peak of their battle with the coronavirus. After about two months, however, just 16.7 percent of the patients had a potent antibody response. 

"This is an important study that starts to define the longer-term dynamics of the antibody response to SARS-CoV-2," Lawrence Young, professor of Molecular Oncology at the University of Warwick, told AFP

“It further emphasizes the need for us to better understand what a protective immune response looks like if we are to develop an effective vaccine," Young added. The professor was not involved in the research.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

That's true.  And if you removed just three counties from the 9/11 attacks, there were zero deaths.  That isn't that useful of an observation, though.

Simply a reminder that MSM likes to get folks all flustered with numbers that don't apply to most of the country.  Figure it out on your own.  Look at the numbers in your little slice of heaven and determine the risk.

14 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Simply a reminder that MSM likes to get folks all flustered with numbers that don't apply to most of the country. 

Just like 9/11.  Funny, you were screaming bloody murder over something that had a far lower death toll, and affected far less of the United States, than COVID-19.  Sounds like you are even easier for the media to manipulate.

6 hours ago, billvon said:

Just like 9/11.  Funny, you were screaming bloody murder over something that had a far lower death toll, and affected far less of the United States, than COVID-19.  Sounds like you are even easier for the media to manipulate.

Why do you keep going on about 9/11?

1 hour ago, Coreece said:

Because Islamic terrorists are a disease, that's why their women wear face coverings. . . .the more I see how people really are, the more it becomes apparent that humans are the virus and corona is the cure.

But only Muslims are the virus?  Some mixed messaging going on there.

4 hours ago, gowlerk said:
4 hours ago, Coreece said:

The more I see how people really are, the more it becomes apparent that humans are the virus and corona is the cure.

Humans are the apex of God's creation, no?

Lucifer certainly didn't think so, hence the rebellion and subsequent curse on mankind in their complicity.

8 hours ago, billvon said:

Because it was another catastrophe.  But with far fewer dead, and in a far smaller area.  And you got all flustered over it.

So you want to compare Covid with 9/11?  I did get all flustered about it...most did.  Are you just now realizing that?

38 minutes ago, airdvr said:

So you want to compare Covid with 9/11?  I did get all flustered about it...most did.  Are you just now realizing that?

Aren't you the one who started with the local numbers thing?

Why wouldn't it apply to other means of mass death?

“I think you’ll see by June a lot of the country should be back to normal and the hope is that by July the country’s really rocking again.”

Jared Kushner, April 29, 2020.

“We are winning the fight against the invisible enemy.”

V.P Pence, June 16, 2020

“I don't take responsibility at all”

D. Trump, March 13, 2020

On 7/12/2020 at 5:45 AM, kallend said:

If it's OK to require women to cover their boobs in public, why do so many idiots think it violates their rights to require people to cover their mouths and noses?

If the laws on "indecent" exposure can be enforced, why do so many GOP governors think rules on mask use can't be enforced?

OK - so is it "Your Body - Your Choice" still . . . or not so much any more?