5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

18 minutes ago, normiss said:

Given the damage covid does to the body,

The more I hear about people, even people who were "asymptomatic", struggling with the after effects the more I am wanting to take less and less chances. This thing is nasty. I sure am hoping for an effective vaccine.

41 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

The more I hear about people, even people who were "asymptomatic", struggling with the after effects the more I am wanting to take less and less chances. This thing is nasty. I sure am hoping for an effective vaccine.

For sure! I even heard a radio interview with a medical professional who stated they have found detectable lung damage in asymptomatic people.

The first reported case came on January 21. Within 99 days, 1 million Americans became infected.

It took just 43 days after that to reach 2 million cases.

And 28 days later, the US reached 3 million cases of the novel coronavirus Wednesday.

We're approaching warp speed Captain.

48 minutes ago, normiss said:

The first reported case came on January 21. Within 99 days, 1 million Americans became infected.

It took just 43 days after that to reach 2 million cases.

And 28 days later, the US reached 3 million cases of the novel coronavirus Wednesday.

We're approaching warp speed Captain.

Someone has the tag line that shit happens mostly to people who don’t understand physics. I think we have to add biology to that...

Wendy P 

1 hour ago, billvon said:

From the White House yesterday:

"I think the world is looking at us as a leader in Covid-19.”

Yes, yes it is.  But probably not in the way you are thinking they are.

Saw on the interwebs recently.  

Gaslight

Obstruct

Project

Pretty accurate description of Republicans these days

12 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh told CNN, "... Meanwhile, the President's rally was 18 days ago, all attendees had their temperature checked, everyone was provided a mask, and there was plenty of hand sanitizer available for all. It's obvious that the media's concern about large gatherings begins and ends with Trump rallies."

So apparently the fact that hardly anyone was wearing masks is by the by, they were protected by the mere presence of masks! I wonder if he ever had to tell a college girlfriend that he couldn't have got her pregnant because of the condom he left in his wallet.

18 minutes ago, jakee said:

Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh told CNN, "... Meanwhile, the President's rally was 18 days ago, all attendees had their temperature checked, everyone was provided a mask, and there was plenty of hand sanitizer available for all."

Hmm.  I saw those pictures.  You had to look pretty hard to find a mask.

The U.S. sets another daily record for new cases, surpassing 59,000.

As President Trump continued to press for a broader reopening of the United States, the country set another record for new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, with more than 59,400 infections announced, according to a New York Times database. It was the fifth national record set in nine days.

The previous record, 56,567, was reported on Friday.

The country reached a total of three million cases on Tuesday as the virus continued its resurgence in the West and the South. At least five states — Missouri, Texas, Tennessee, Utah and West Virginia — set single-day records for new infections on Wednesday.

On 7/4/2020 at 10:36 AM, kallend said:

We're planning a day trip to Mackinac Island next week.  Will have minimal contact with the locals and don't need the ferry.

Flying in and staying on the North end of the Island?  I go there every couple of years.  It's not the locals you should worry about, it's the visitors packed into fudge shops.

2 minutes ago, DJL said:

Flying in and staying on the North end of the Island?  I go there every couple of years.  It's not the locals you should worry about, it's the visitors packed into fudge shops.

just a day trip.  Masks required in all stores - people very good about it.

If it's OK to require women to cover their boobs in public, why do so many idiots think it violates their rights to require people to cover their mouths and noses?

If the laws on "indecent" exposure can be enforced, why do so many GOP governors think rules on mask use can't be enforced?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kallend said:

If it's OK to require women to cover their boobs in public, why do so many idiots think it violates their rights to require people to cover their mouths and noses?

If the laws on "indecent" exposure can be enforced, why do so many GOP governors think rules on mask use can't be enforced?

Boobs for brains?

30 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Boobs for brains?

My wife recently gave birth to our first child in January. She is breastfeeding, and I have been amazed and the innate intelligence in that whole biological system. In other words I am sure boobs everywhere would be insulted by this comparison. xD The boobs are way smarter than that.