5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

1 minute ago, kallend said:

Not even reaching the level of "peeved", or even "miffed"?

Given how things are evolving, and that he did tell the Governor to go Fuck herself, there must be some chance they'll find his behavior to be deplorable.

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

Given how things are evolving, and that he did tell the Governor to go Fuck herself, there must be some chance they'll find his behavior to be deplorable.

"Gov. Kate Brown sat down with Oregon State troopers Friday who went into a Corvallis coffee shop without masks despite the statewide order.

The officers and I agreed today that face coverings save lives. So you’ll see them – and me – wearing a face covering each and every day until we beat this virus.

After Friday’s meeting Brown said the troopers pledged to do better and she didn’t want to judge or fire anybody over one mistake.

The opposite response from what trump would have done.

(edited)
40 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

You can not have a true democracy with out police accountability. We no longer have that in America.

You are so cynical, Joe. Each police department has an Internal Affairs division - you know; police investigating the police. :ohmygod:  

P.S. Full on barbecue, cold beer, lotsa grilled veggies. Stop in and we'll solve the world's problems. 

Edited by BIGUN

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

You are so cynical, Joe. Each police department has an Internal Affairs division - you know; police investigating the police. :ohmygod:

Even that is an overstatement. There are many US police departments without any dedicated Internal Affairs division. 

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

"Gov. Kate Brown sat down with Oregon State troopers Friday who went into a Corvallis coffee shop without masks despite the statewide order.

The officers and I agreed today that face coverings save lives. So you’ll see them – and me – wearing a face covering each and every day until we beat this virus.

After Friday’s meeting Brown said the troopers pledged to do better and she didn’t want to judge or fire anybody over one mistake.

The opposite response from what trump would have done.

Mommy, I am so sorry I told you to fuck yourself! Yes, I know I pledged to Support the Constitution and Laws of the State of Oregon (ORS181A.065) when I took this job but hey, people fuck up, right? Anyway Guvnor', we accept your apology and please excuse us while we go outside and laugh our asses off. 

34 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Mommy, I am so sorry I told you to fuck yourself! Yes, I know I pledged to Support the Constitution and Laws of the State of Oregon (ORS181A.065) when I took this job but hey, people fuck up, right? Anyway Guvnor', we accept your apology and please excuse us while we go outside and laugh our asses off. 

Hi Joe,

One thing about being a state trooper in Oregon is that there are some really remote places one could be re-assigned to.

Jerry Baumchen

On 7/4/2020 at 5:47 AM, ryoder said:

Kimberly Guilfoyle, Top Fund-Raising Official for Trump Campaign, Tests Positive for Coronavirus

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/03/us/politics/kimberly-guilfoyle-trump-campaign-coronavirus.html

Note she is also the GF of Don Jr, and attended the Tulsa super-spreader event.

So clearly COVID-19 is not the worst she has had in her.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 7:47 AM, ryoder said:

Kimberly Guilfoyle, Top Fund-Raising Official for Trump Campaign, Tests Positive for Coronavirus

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/03/us/politics/kimberly-guilfoyle-trump-campaign-coronavirus.html

Note she is also the GF of Don Jr, and attended the Tulsa super-spreader event.

Nothing a Clorox injection can't fix.

While arguments over the trump campaign's use or non-use of Nazi iconography rage on and on as a distraction Covid-19 is now poised to run away and America just seems resigned to accept it's fate.

"We know of the 50,000 cases this past day -- a single day of this (holiday) weekend," Walensky said. "If they're young people, it could be 500 people who die from that. If they're older people, it could be 7,500 people who die from that -- just from a single day of infection."

https://us.cnn.com/2020/07/06/health/us-coronavirus-monday/index.html

27 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

While arguments over the trump campaign's use or non-use of Nazi iconography rage on and on as a distraction Covid-19 is now poised to run away and America just seems resigned to accept it's fate.

"We know of the 50,000 cases this past day -- a single day of this (holiday) weekend," Walensky said. "If they're young people, it could be 500 people who die from that. If they're older people, it could be 7,500 people who die from that -- just from a single day of infection."

I think the White House would be best served if people forget about COVID or at least get numb to its impacts. I think we will see Trump being more and more outlandish to keep attention away from this.

(edited)
5 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Don't worry, dude. The president told everyone that 99% of cases are totally harmless during an address from the White House on July 4th. 

So yeah. We might have nearly 3 million cases, but only 30,000 or the dead people must have been from the harmful virus. The additional 100k must be from something else, I guess. Oh, and hospitalization probably isn't classed as 'harmful', right?

My math isn't great, but at the moment I think we're at about a 4.5% mortality rate. The really good news is that once all the vulnerable members of society are dead we'll see those numbers start to drop. Just the best numbers.

Edited by yoink

55 minutes ago, yoink said:

Don't worry, dude. The president told everyone that 99% of cases are totally harmless during an address from the White House on July 4th. 

So yeah. We might have nearly 3 million cases, but only 30,000 or the dead people must have been from the harmful virus. The additional 100k must be from something else, I guess. Oh, and hospitalization probably isn't classed as 'harmful', right?

My math isn't great, but at the moment I think we're at about a 4.5% mortality rate. The really good news is that once all the vulnerable members of society are dead we'll see those numbers start to drop. Just the best numbers.

Another positive note: all those that do survive will now have the pre-existing status that will prevent them from ever obtaining US healthcare insurance. Just think of the savings for the nation! More profits for shareholders! Stock market will be so much better for the 10% of the population that makes money from it!

yay.

This weekend we sat out on our dock and watched a huge party across the channel.  Live band, tons of people dancing and shouting.  Foolishness.  The bands on Put-In-Bay were cancelled and some of the bars/restaurants are closed but people who were there Saturday said very little mask use.

In another of those 'maybe karma is a thing?' moments, Brazil's Bolsonaro tests positive for covid-19. Though considering the efforts he's made to get Brazil to overtake the US for the number one spot in this particular competition it's only really a surprise it's taken this long.

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

I just saw an FB meme that basically points out that of all the developed western nations only one has no universal heath care. And that coincidentally it is also the only one that is allowing Covid-19 to get out of control.

Given the damage covid does to the body, a person will be damn near full pre-existing conditioned out of ever getting healthcare again.

And whitey on the moon.