5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

4 hours ago, ryoder said:

Herman Cain hospitalized with COVID-19, less than two weeks after attending Trump rally in Tulsa

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/07/02/nation/herman-cain-hospitalized-with-covid-19-less-than-two-weeks-after-attending-trump-rally-tulsa/

If only he hadn’t been tested, then he wouldn’t have COVID-19.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ryoder said:

Herman Cain hospitalized with COVID-19, less than two weeks after attending Trump rally in Tulsa

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/07/02/nation/herman-cain-hospitalized-with-covid-19-less-than-two-weeks-after-attending-trump-rally-tulsa/

No telling where he contracted the disease.  That's the same as saying Skydekker participated in an orgy and two weeks later you tested positive for herpes.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

No telling where he contracted the disease. 

It's actually quite easy, and the process is called contract tracing.  You track all the people who SARS-CoV-2 carriers came into contact with.   Then you call them and find out who THEY were in contact with.  If, at the end of that process, the only person Cain was in close contact with was at the rally - then that is the likely point of infection.

That's one of the ways that New Zealand got their cases to zero.

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

No telling where he contracted the disease.  That's the same as saying Skydekker participated in an orgy and two weeks later you tested positive for herpes.

That is why at the better organized orgies people bring evidence of testing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Wow, ignorance of covid or just plain ignorance. This sort of thing is probably why LE keeps having fatal events with persons in custody. Zero situational awareness.

11 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Chips implanted in the brain are not a new idea. TPC wanted to do it clear back in 1967. 

TPC stands for...The Phone Company. ^.^

Great film, and a classic example of 1960's movie style...

Uh, oh; Gotta go! My soup is blinking.

I’ll admit I’m traveling right now, in Texas no less. 
But I’m bringing my home (20-foot RV) with me, living in it, and visiting in driveways. Had some fairly urgent business better done in person, and my health profession sisters in law said be paranoid, but not scared. 
Wendy P. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Kimberly Guilfoyle, Top Fund-Raising Official for Trump Campaign, Tests Positive for Coronavirus

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/03/us/politics/kimberly-guilfoyle-trump-campaign-coronavirus.html

Note she is also the GF of Don Jr, and attended the Tulsa super-spreader event.

So very close, again! But no cigar.

10 minutes ago, BIGUN said:
On 7/1/2020 at 10:42 AM, yoink said:

FUCK OFF! Stay at home. Why are you vacationing right now????

Well, England seems to have solved the CoVID virus....

image.png.caa4ef03d096e58982e8505d99d09c8c.png

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/england-pub-opening-coronavirus-chaos/index.html

I live in a small town in northern michigan and our panel of morons approved the firworks this year 7-0. We get thousands of tourists up here around this time - more than the amount of residents.  The campsites were backed up for miles (first come first serve - how dumb was that idea?)  All these people typically crowd into a small beach on the lake (about a quarter of the size of the beach pictured above)

There is only a small section of one main street with all the businesses (resturants, bars, groceries)

The nearest hospital that can handle an influx is an hour away.

So much for the benefits of living in a rural area. . .

9 minutes ago, BIGUN said:
29 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I live in a small town in northern michigan

Well, the good news is - tomorrow it will be winter again and the tourists will leave. 

Ha, no such luck this year - upper 80s and 90s for at least the next 2 weeks.  Haven't seen that in the 10 years I've been up here.  Last year we struggled to hit the upper 70s - it was great!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coreece said:

I live in a small town in northern michigan and our panel of morons approved the firworks this year 7-0. We get thousands of tourists up here around this time - more than the amount of residents. 

We're planning a day trip to Mackinac Island next week.  Will have minimal contact with the locals and don't need the ferry.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, kallend said:
1 hour ago, Coreece said:

I live in a small town in northern michigan and our panel of morons approved the firworks this year 7-0. We get thousands of tourists up here around this time - more than the amount of residents. 

We're planning a day trip to Mackinac Island next week.  Will have minimal contact with the locals and don't need the ferry.

The great thing about northern MI is that there is plenty of space for people to enjoy it safely without officials encouraging thousands of people to crowd a relatively small beach all at the same time.

. . .and then go around infecting all the local establishments and wiping their covid hands all over our watermelons.

Edited by Coreece

22 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Right. He's on paid administrative leave pending the investigation. And, if the video isn't proved to be possibly inaccurate and if the several eye and ear witnesses don't retract their statements or otherwise be shown biased and it turns out to be true then the Oregon State Police will impose the maximum punishment. They will be thoroughly disappointed. 

You can not have a true democracy with out police accountability. We no longer have that in America.

“The involved trooper has been placed on administrative leave,” Fox said in a statement. “OSP is early in the investigation, but if found to be true, we are thoroughly disappointed and expect our troopers to follow the governor’s executive orders and be examples in the community.”

(edited)
19 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Right. He's on paid administrative leave pending the investigation. And, if the video isn't proved to be possibly inaccurate and if the several eye and ear witnesses don't retract their statements or otherwise be shown biased and it turns out to be true then the Oregon State Police will impose the maximum punishment. They will be thoroughly disappointed. 

You can not have a true democracy with out police accountability. We no longer have that in America.

“The involved trooper has been placed on administrative leave,” Fox said in a statement. “OSP is early in the investigation, but if found to be true, we are thoroughly disappointed and expect our troopers to follow the governor’s executive orders and be examples in the community.”

I read the Superintendent Travis Hampton's statement to be more on the bit and the choice of words by Fox to be poor.

Or indicative of a lack of accountability. We'll have to see how the self investigation by the Fox in the hen-house turns out.

Edited by Phil1111