5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

(edited)
51 minutes ago, normiss said:

You know why, right?

Federal funding of testing sites not only doesn't directly WIN him votes in November, it actively HURTS his reelection campaign to see those numbers continue to rise.

But a second stimulus cheque in the mail, well, that'll get him a few votes, and that money needs to come from somewhere.

He doesn't give a shit about anything, or anyone apart from his reelection. 

Edited by yoink
  • Like 2

Last weekend at the boat I'll admit i was not following the guidance and in fact allowed myself to wander on to a boat party where there were probably 15-20 people inside the cabin drinking.  My defense mechanisms were drowned out by Tito's.  Rox was livid..

12 hours ago, BIGUN said:

It is getting and will continue to get worse, nor is it going  to go away. Why would you ask me these rhetorical questions?

Because you were throwing around the concept that more testing and higher positive percentages doesn't mean cases are increasing. 
Or at least that's how it seemed to read.

Trump has tried to pretend that if there wasn't any testing, we wouldn't have any cases.

Which is a load of shit. 

I was wondering if you were going down that same road.
Glad to see you understand that this is getting very ugly. Fast.

Florida reported over 5500 positive results yesterday. 20% of the tests were positive.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-florida-coronavirus-deaths-cases-wednesday-june-24-20200624-oihwuwwjgfdyxiquakd3ag573u-story.html?fbclid=IwAR30QLVF59m_7I8t8QMkuKIzVyMnuHUeWKFZAwIRtTjF5GR2Y3_XXYTsKzA

46 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

April is not happy about my attendance at the DZ. I feel your pain. We all take some chances, it's a game of odds.

I can relate guys! Hey Rick! I still get harassed every time I stop by your shop for beers.

I think she knows how we party.

Maybe I should go to your house instead. :D

See you Friday. Because Jason said the stickers for my speaker panels would be ready!

Of course I'll being beer. Duh. Gotta feed the fish. ;)

But seriously, it's a sadly easy behavior to fall into. Once you're comfortable with your friends, add a few drinks, more relaxed, and the muscle memory of how social we humans are with people we're close to. Well, here we are.

6 hours ago, normiss said:

But seriously, it's a sadly easy behavior to fall into. Once you're comfortable with your friends, add a few drinks, more relaxed, and the muscle memory of how social we humans are with people we're close to. Well, here we are.

A lifetime of practice at being antisocial is finally paying off.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, airdvr said:

Last weekend at the boat I'll admit i was not following the guidance and in fact allowed myself to wander on to a boat party where there were probably 15-20 people inside the cabin drinking.  My defense mechanisms were drowned out by Tito's.  Rox was livid..

8 hours ago, normiss said:

All it takes is a relaxed attitude to safety. Kinda like altitude awareness. But relying upon a open ICU bed may be getting problematic in some areas.

Unfortunately sooner or later some lives will be lost.

10 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Because you were throwing around the concept that more testing and higher positive percentages doesn't mean cases are increasing. 
Or at least that's how it seemed to read.

Trump has tried to pretend that if there wasn't any testing, we wouldn't have any cases.

IMO Biggun is completely aware of the whole covid thing. I don't know if he has separated his thinking from support of trump though.

2 minutes ago, kallend said:

cases.jpg

None of those charts look good. Now comes the hard part, do those governors have the backbone to do the right thing. Its easy to blame trump for everything.....WTF did I just say? But now its up to governors to take quick action and be tough.

Otherwise they need the boot too.

Just now, kallend said:

"Sooner or later"?

https://trumpdeathclock.com/  currently stands at 73,340

Poor choice of words, its only 1/8 of a cup of coffee now. What I meant was a surge of deaths in a new wave. In new geographic areas. I also made reference to governors who seemed willing to accommodate speedy openings. Sooner or later death clocks with those names need to be started. There is lots of local spin that they are following the science in states. When thats B.S.

53 minutes ago, kallend said:

Cognitive dissonance

There is some truth to that. On the day of George Floyd's Funeral Service; Trump said, "This is a great day for George Floyd."  At that point; I was like WTF?!?!? and was done as his interpreter. After much time and thought - I can and will hold to the Republican platform.. 

43 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

After much time and thought - I can and will hold to the Republican platform.. 

Yes, as bad as Trump is it will be hard for a true conservative believer to vote for any D for POTUS. But some of the support for conservatism is softer than that. Just as some of the support for liberalism is soft. Trump failed to rally the voters with fear tactics about migrant caravans during the mid-terms. Women in particular were said to have abandoned him in droves. 

Has the movement toward fear of change championed by Trump, Miller, Bannon and the like been dulled by the excess stupidity and downright incompetence of the Dotard? We will have to wait till fall to find out. What I wonder is what would have happened if a more conventional conservative had won the R nomination in 2016.

16 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

What I wonder is what would have happened if a more conventional conservative had won the R nomination in 2016.

Or, what could happen if it had been a McRaven or Powell or better yet; a McRaven AND Powell on the ticket this fall. 

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Or, what could happen if it had been a McRaven or Powell or better yet; a McRaven AND Powell on the ticket this fall. 

If Trump would only do the right, decent  thing and resign it's not to late to have a better GOP ticket.

As it is he will drag the party down with him.

I honestly think a fair amount of the division of the last 20 years might have been dulled if McCain instead of Bush had won the Republican nomination in 2000. Especially with someone like Kay Bailey Hutchinson as running mate. 
The McCain of 2008 was a shadow. 

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kallend said:

If Trump would only do the right, decent  thing and resign it's not to late to have a better GOP ticket.

As it is he will drag the party down with him.

Your party is culpable as well in this.  Your DNC wanted Hillary and your party faithful were sleeping on election night.  Also, given the chance for a reboot the best you can find is Biden?

13 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Your party is culpable as well in this.  Your DNC wanted Hillary and your party faithful were sleeping on election night.  Also, given the chance for a reboot the best you can find is Biden?

For the amount you guys bang on about it it's amazing how tricky the concept of personal responsibility is to republicans. You bought him, you own him.