5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

That situation is Infinitely preferable to these, and the cops are doing their jobs.

image.png.aaa524099b298344ba75ecbff3c0f676.png

Did the guy yelling non-violently bring cause to have the National Guard brought in?

In all fairness it is the self checkout line.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

That situation is Infinitely preferable to these . . .

Like I said, if the one thing that comes out of this is that cops are going to be scared shitless to kill minorities without cause - at least something good will have come out of it.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

None of the black protesters have rifles.

Apparently, Neither did the guy with the beard doing the exact same thing.

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

And you don't see a difference? You don't notice the riot gear, the batons? Are you fucking blind, or just don't want to see?

I have never seen an officer standing indoors at a protest with a shield and baton.

Why are you so upset?

Those officers in Bill's example appear to be indoors.  

Edited by turtlespeed

(edited)
1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

And you don't see a difference? You don't notice the riot gear, the batons? Are you fucking blind, or just don't want to see?

often it is not what people say, but what is unsaid that speaks volumes.

I’m sorry but a certain poster (not you) defends Trump consistently and then posts a number of issues of black people in cops faces... I’ve said it before, Trump gives a voice to the closet racists. They no longer feel the need to hide in the shadows

Edited by nigel99

27 minutes ago, kallend said:

And our fearless leader chooses to pour gasoline on a fire. 

There are no flames.

There's a small flame. It will be gone in a few days. But there is no fire.

It's a Chinese flame.

Once it rains in the spring the flames will disappear like magic.

The flames are a Democratic hoax.

I removed all the sprinklers and fire alarms because you can get them back very quickly when you need them.

I am the best at putting out fires. All the firefighters say "how do you know so much about this?" Maybe I have a talent.

Fire at the mall is very small. Macy's sale looking very good to me!

Obama started the fire.

The CDC is overestimating the risk of flames. They are like a warm campfire.

If we lose only a thousand houses to the flames I will have done a great job.

The lying liberal media are exaggerating the extent of the flames to make me look bad.

We have to put away the fire hoses and reopen the mall. Demand your FREEDOM TO SHOP! LIBERATE!

Billy Joel started the fire, even if he denies it.  Check it out if you don't believe me.  I know, you're going to report "Trump is lying" again but that's because you are a terrible reporter.

Terrible, no good mayor tells people to not go into mall because small flames are warming it up.

I've heard the effect of gasoline is very powerful on fires. We're going to try that, putting gasoline on the fire. The extinguishing effect is very strong, almost a cleaning.

I only asked the firefighters to try putting gasoline on fires.

I never said put gasoline on the fires.

I was being sarcastic when I said put gasoline on the fires.

I always said this would be a big fire.

Obama took all the sprinklers and fire alarms.

We are the best at rebuilding malls, and I never said anything different.

I am putting my son in law in charge of putting out the fires. He started a barbecue last year so he knows all about it.

The CDC is exaggerating the number of deaths from the fire. Some people were going to burn themselves anyway.

Look, it's very simple.  No fire alarms, no fires.  If we weren't so good at detecting fires we'd see a lot fewer fires.

I was the first to say this was a dangerous fire.

Fiddle.jpg

• Like 6

It will be interesting to see what the effect the large gathering of protesters in a number of cities has on the spread of the corona virus.  Not everyone is wearing masks or practicing social (physical) distancing.  Will the result be a spike in number of cases or not much effect.  If the latter is the case, maybe the situation can ease up a little.  About 2 weeks time will tell.

On 6/2/2020 at 11:26 AM, Bigfalls said:

It will be interesting to see what the effect the large gathering of protesters in a number of cities has on the spread of the corona virus.  Not everyone is wearing masks or practicing social (physical) distancing.  Will the result be a spike in number of cases or not much effect.  If the latter is the case, maybe the situation can ease up a little.  About 2 weeks time will tell.

Ya know? That's a hell of a good question.

Will it show in 2 weeks? 

That's the big question (how long).

Here in Wisconsin, we had a hell of a spike early last week. 3 days in a row that set records for new cases. The test numbers also set records, so it isn't as clear as it might be, but the percentage of positive tests was up some. But over the weekend, the numbers dropped rather dramatically.

I was discussing this with a friend.

The time from infection to positive test result may be upwards of THREE weeks. 

Think about it.

Incubation runs from 5 to 14 days. Call it ten.
FIgure that the sick person is going to have symptoms for at least a couple of days before they finally accept that they really are sick and seek testing. Call it three.

The tests take 2 to 7 days to process and get results back. call it 4.

That's 17 days. Up to a max of 24. Min of 7.

So was the spike we saw here from the 'open the state' protest rallies at the end of April? Maybe. 

The state SC tossed the quarantine order on the 13th of May. 17 days would be the 30th. 24 would be the 6th. 3 days from now. 

OTOH, there have been a number of bartenders and servers that have come up sick and tested positive. One local to me, something like 7 down near Milwaukee, where the numbers are the worst. 
The bars were packed when they opened up immediately after the order was tossed.

We shall see what happenes.

36 minutes ago, DJL said:

Sometimes the scanner is a little buggy, looks like he has to swipe that hammer a few times.

Could be some idiot with a full cart and 50 coupons who needed help with every item was in front of him, too. I know I've felt that way.

(edited)
16 hours ago, kallend said:

Though I feel that Sweden dropped the ball with its approach I would like to point out that there are quite a few EU 'neighbours' missing in that chart, including some that probably did a lot worse than Sweden, irrespective of the measures taken.

Edited by Baksteen

7 hours ago, Baksteen said:

Though I feel that Sweden dropped the ball with its approach I would like to point out that there are quite a few EU 'neighbours' missing in that chart, including some that probably did a lot worse than Sweden, irrespective of the measures taken.

Neighbor implies proximity.  All the proximate nations are listed except Belarus.