5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

3 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

the EU and the CDC has evaluated everything about hydroxychloroquine.

1 minute ago, BIGUN said:

I'm sorry, but you are mistaken.

So you're saying that FOX, the journalists of FOX news and president trump have stumbled upon the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine, or low dose hydroxychloroquine. Yet you cannot quote a single recognized medical journal or recognized medical study. That offers concrete proof of said efficacy?

This is an example of how f##ked up the CDC, trump and his apparatchiks have become in the C-19 and hydroxychloroquine debate.

CDC website drops guidance, anecdotal data on Trump-backed hydroxychloroquine as COVID-19 treatment

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has abruptly switched its guidance for use of a drug touted by President Donald Trump as a possible treatment for COVID-19, dropping its reference to anecdotal dosages to say simply that there are no approved drugs for dealing with the disease.

The CDC's online advice for hydroxychloroquine was updated April 7, three days after Reuters reported that the CDC was offering what the news agency called "highly unusual guidance" for the drug's use based on "unattributed anecdotes rather than peer-reviewed science."

The updated, and shortened, guidance says simply that "hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are under investigation in clinical trials” for use on coronavirus patients and "there are no drugs or other therapeutics approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to prevent or treat COVID-19."

6 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

He is taking a low dose. There's no reason to hyper-inflate the side effects. They are minimal and he's under a constant medical eye. 

How is listing the possible side effects as hyper-inflating. Those side effects are a problem for somebody in trump's position. At least in my eyes. If Obama was taking anything with hallucinating as a side effect there would be outrage.

Psychosis and suicidal behaviour are not traits I like for in a president. YMMV.

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

The updated, and shortened, guidance says simply that "hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are under investigation in clinical trials” for use on coronavirus patients and "there are no drugs or other therapeutics approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to prevent or treat COVID-19."

Everything you posted is from 6-8 weeks ago and is why I quit talking about it. What I posted today was from - TODAY. The final report on the study will be out on the 30th. Please take a different look at low dose HCQ+ Zinc, not keep throwing the same stuff at me about High Dose HCQ+AZ. This is a different study, it is more recent. 

Edited by BIGUN

(edited)
8 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

How is listing the possible side effects as hyper-inflating. Those side effects are a problem for somebody in trump's position. At least in my eyes. If Obama was taking anything with hallucinating as a side effect there would be outrage.

Psychosis and suicidal behaviour are not traits I like for in a president. YMMV.

Those are the "On rare occasions.." You do know they give this drug to all kinds of people from varying age brackets and conditions. You do know that when a study is done - if anything happens during the study, they have to list it as a possible side effect. Yes. You are hyper-inflating. Alluding that the President is going  to go all bat shit and hallucinate his way into suicide.He's taking a very low dose. Relax., Have a drink. 

Edited by BIGUN

5 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Those are the "On rare occasions.." You do know they give this drug to all kinds of people from varying age brackets and conditions. You do know that when a study is done - if anything happens during the study, they have to list it as a possible side effect. Yes. You are hyper-inflating. Alluding that the President is going  to go all bat shit and hallucinate his way into suicide.He's taking a very low dose. Relax., Have a drink. 

That isn't what I said.

How would a subordinate know the president is not psychotic or having an episode when he orders something. How is that risk being managed? Don't you think such plans should be in a place for a president?

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

Mary is a journalist; not a doctor. She writes about a lot of left issues including climate change. As to your two studies and those of Bill's - they are last month's information regarding high-dose HCQ+AZ.

No; one was both.  High dose chloroquine was dangerous.  Low dose chloroquine showed no effect; no increased deaths and no preventative effect.  The article you linked to said the same.

4 hours ago, BIGUN said:

If you rely on science for climate change; then perhaps you have some science that opposes HCQ+ZInc and a source for me to read.  

Trump has repeatedly pitched the drug as a safe and effective treatment, asking would-be patients “What the hell do you have to lose?” 

Growing evidence shows that, for many, the answer is their lives. 

A study of Veterans Affairs patients hospitalized with  coronavirus found no benefit and higher death rates among those taking hydroxychloroquine, researchers said last month.

More than 27 percent of patients treated with hydroxychloroquine died, and 22 percent of those treated with the combination therapy died, compared with an 11.4 percent death rate in those not treated with the drugs, the study said.

7 minutes ago, kallend said:

A study of Veterans Affairs patients hospitalized with  coronavirus found no benefit and higher death rates among those taking hydroxychloroquine, researchers said last month.

More than 27 percent of patients treated with hydroxychloroquine died, and 22 percent of those treated with the combination therapy died, compared with an 11.4 percent death rate in those not treated with the drugs, the study said.

Yes, sir, this is true. Unfortunately,  I believe that was the 800+200 mg +Zpak and it was devastating. The study involved 368 patients with confirmed cases of COVID-19 treated at the VA and they found there were more deaths among those given HCQ than those receiving standard care.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

No; one was both.  High dose chloroquine was dangerous.  Low dose chloroquine showed no effect; no increased deaths and no preventative effect.

From that study and report:  "All patients received azithromycin, and the frequency of oseltamivir use was 86.8% (33 of 38) and 92.5% (37 of 40) in the low- and high-dosage groups, respectively." The NIH is launching a study using just low dose HCQ for prevention in early stage C-19 (SARS-CoV-2)

14 hours ago, BIGUN said:

From that study and report:  "All patients received azithromycin, and the frequency of oseltamivir use was 86.8% (33 of 38) and 92.5% (37 of 40) in the low- and high-dosage groups, respectively." The NIH is launching a study using just low dose HCQ for prevention in early stage C-19 (SARS-CoV-2)

Camel urine has fewer side effects:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/19/if-trump-likes-hydroxychloroquine-hell-love-camel-urine/

17 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Right.  And that will be interesting to see.  But as of now, there is no known benefit to using it, and there are known risks.

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

Right.  And that will be interesting to see.  But as of now, there is no known benefit to using it, and there are known risks.

On hydroxychloroquine, Kristen Welker with NBC "President Trump made the claim that thousands of frontline workers are using the medication. We did a little bit of a fact check, checked with the largest medical association, which said they don't have data to back that up at this point."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, normiss said:

On hydroxychloroquine, Kristen Welker with NBC "President Trump made the claim that thousands of frontline workers are using the medication. We did a little bit of a fact check, checked with the largest medical association, which said they don't have data to back that up at this point."

Not only that common sense dictates that science and medical opinions not FOX news should determine pharma use.

Wait hold the press...even FOX news says its dangerous Trump Lashes Out At Fox News For Hydroxychloroquine Warning

Is FOX trying to kill its spokesman. Further updates at midnight the trump watching hour.

On 5/19/2020 at 3:58 PM, Phil1111 said:

The Chinese medical establishment, the EU and the CDC has evaluated everything about hydroxychloroquine. Why trump, FOX journalists, or anybody else would suddenly think that they know more about this drug than national health bodies is mind boggling.

Every single doctor treating C-19 and every national body has had an opportunity to evaluate, discuss and read about this drug. In addition trump is taking this drug to "prevent" C-19.

As a 'kinda funny' story about HCQ & Covid 19, here's an intersting case:

https://www.newsweek.com/wisconsin-woman-who-took-hydroxychloroquine-nearly-2-decades-contracts-coronavirus-how-can-i-1505575?fbclid=IwAR0KJtxmyt10EqU-2rQuKY2szEi-5zfM8ag_XPPnLjX6swRj1ijnZtnx8y8

A woman with lupus has been taking it for nearly 2 decades has Covid 19. 

Admittedly, only once case. Anecdote is not data. 

The "kinda funny" part is how pissed she is that she got sick. Apparently she thought it would keep her safe. 

16 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

As a 'kinda funny' story about HCQ & Covid 19, here's an intersting case:

https://www.newsweek.com/wisconsin-woman-who-took-hydroxychloroquine-nearly-2-decades-contracts-coronavirus-how-can-i-1505575?fbclid=IwAR0KJtxmyt10EqU-2rQuKY2szEi-5zfM8ag_XPPnLjX6swRj1ijnZtnx8y8

A woman with lupus has been taking it for nearly 2 decades has Covid 19. 

Admittedly, only once case. Anecdote is not data. 

The "kinda funny" part is how pissed she is that she got sick. Apparently she thought it would keep her safe. 

The concept that the general population is unaware that physicians talk to each other. That their national bodies don't act as a conduit for new, updated, information, training in specific areas of practice.That there are periodicals, websites where information on viral medical practice is shared and exchanged. Is astonishing.

It seems as if patients get their education from politicians and medical adverts on the 5 o'clock news. Then know more than their doctors who have never learnt a thing since they graduated from medical school.

With a million and a half cases in the US now there should be a sizeable number of cases like hers. But who knows, in the mind of trump, the GOP, Q, etc. Perhaps there is something about Lupus that acts an an enabling mechanism for C-19. Defeating or overriding the HCQ.

trump better study that or at least have a press conference to re-inform the medical establishment about how smart he is.

On a side note trump is back to campaigning sans-mask. So I'm still hoping.

Trump on his latest coronavirus test: "I tested very positively in another sense, so, this morning, yeah. I tested positively toward negative, right? So, no. I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative"

2 hours ago, normiss said:

Trump on his latest coronavirus test: "I tested very positively in another sense, so, this morning, yeah. I tested positively toward negative, right? So, no. I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative"

I'll take bleu cheese dressing on my word salad, please.

Newspeak. If he were craftier, I'd say it was part of an overall plan to change the accepted meanings (a la 1984). But no, I don't think he's that crafty. Just word salad. But it's part of what makes him authentic :blank:

(we need a less happy-looking "crazy" emoji)

Wendy P.

2 hours ago, normiss said:

33 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I'll take bleu cheese dressing on my word salad, please.

Normally he would have included 'beautiful" and repeated perfect a couple more times as well.

36 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Normally he would have included 'beautiful" and repeated perfect a couple more times as well.

14 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Could it possibly be dementia?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Jerry Baumchen

Nah, probably just the hydroxychloroquine.