5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

Just now, airdvr said:

So without this level of competence testing here in the US is fairly meaningless?

FIFY.

All countries who successfully test and trace covid-19 are authoritarian, privacy-destroying, freedom-hating communist states (this includes New Zealand, Australia and some EU countries).

Because of this, Trump is right - the US should just bend over, give up, reopen and accept the wave of deaths about to happen. That's the american way.

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

And to their credit, the White House actually understands the testing/contact tracing thing, because it was done when the staffers tested positive.

It's just that they don't think the rest of the US needs or deserves it.

Well someone who oversees WH staffing understands that the idiot and chief needs protection from himself. Which in itself is too bad but I digress. Given the reported 20-30% error rate of false negatives. Given that both Pence and trump have refused to self quarantine despite positive contacts.

This Swiss cheese response should in the end result in the desired positive result. If there is a god.

7 minutes ago, olofscience said:

FIFY.

All countries who successfully test and trace covid-19 are authoritarian, privacy-destroying, freedom-hating communist states (this includes New Zealand, Australia and some EU countries).

Because of this, Trump is right - the US should just bend over, give up, reopen and accept the wave of deaths about to happen. That's the american way.

You forgot the patriots standing shoulder to shoulder with their AR-15's in Michigan protesting restrictions on their constitutional rights. The protesters in Wisconsin and Texas packing the bars and partying like its 1999 in the last couple days.

Like a 20 year old who just sucked back a 12 pack. All the sacrifices of self-isolation, lockdown and $3 trillion in supports over the last two months. Will be all pissed away.

The aforementioned is what makes MAGunder trump.

11 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Man oh man. This, too, is a “what the actual fuck” moment. 
Wendy P. 

Right now I haven't looked that up to check for validity or context and I feel like I'm in one of those moments where you're happy but your family hasn't told you yet that your dog has died.  They want to let you be happy for a few more moments more because the next few moments will will be sad.

It's a very sad day when the leader of America says something that remarkably stupid.

9 hours ago, billvon said:

This is a well known fact.  You don't have lung cancer until you go to the doctor and he tells you.  Therefore if you never go to the doctor, you never get lung cancer.  You see this phenomenon all the time in VA hospitals.

Reminds me of this:

We all have Schrodinger's Virus now | /r/CoronavirusMemes | 2019 ...

FDA issues warning on accuracy of Abbott’s rapid coronavirus test after study finds false negatives

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/14/fda-data-suggests-abbotts-rapid-coronavirus-diagnostic-test-is-delivering-inaccurate-results.html

The FDA said the Abbott ID NOW test, which is used to screen White House staff, may return false negative results.

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

You forgot the patriots standing shoulder to shoulder with their AR-15's in Michigan protesting restrictions on their constitutional rights.

Great cartoon the other day -

300 lb guy wearing camo, a tactical vest and carrying a big knife and an AR-15 with a massive clip standing outside a courthouse, saying "well, I don't want to wear a mask, because then I'll look silly."

14 hours ago, nigel99 said:

Did he say that?

Granted we all mis speak every now and again, but the leader of a country can’t afford to do it often.

Yes. He said it.

Except it isn't in the same 

14 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

It makes sense if you look at it in the way I think it was intended.

First - I don't think we do more testing than anyone else - that sounds pretty far fetched.

I do think he meant that the places we are being compared to haven't tested as many as we have and thus can't claim numbers they haven't confirmed.

Not so much a “what the actual fuck” moment, as it is face palm because of unpolished speech.

18 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Yes. He said it.

Except it isn't in the same 

It makes sense if you look at it in the way I think it was intended.

First - I don't think we do more testing than anyone else - that sounds pretty far fetched.

I do think he meant that the places we are being compared to haven't tested as many as we have and thus can't claim numbers they haven't confirmed.

Not so much a “what the actual fuck” moment, as it is face palm because of unpolished speech.

Always get a kick out of all the Trump supporters who say "sure, what he said sounded stupid, but what he really meant was . . . ."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, olofscience said:

uh huh.

Toddlers have unpolished speech. Is it too far-fetched to conclude that he's just really stupid?

I'm now curious what he actually meant when he said we should nuke hurricanes.

Or shoot down boats.

Or looked directly into a solar eclipse.

Maybe it's not so far-fetched after all?

Just now, normiss said:

I'm now curious what he actually meant when he said we should nuke hurricanes.

Or shoot down boats.

Or looked directly into a solar eclipse.

Maybe it's not so far-fetched after all?

You forgot the internal UV light and disinfectant suggestion.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, billvon said:

Always get a kick out of all the Trump supporters who say "sure, what he said sounded stupid, but what he really meant was . . . ."

Yup, it is quite classic. They constantly have to justify it, or they would have to acknowledge their own stupidity. The longer it goes on, the stauncher their support will be.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Yes. He said it.

. . . .

Is it too much to expect that the "Leader of the Free World" could polish his public speech so his sycophants don't have to offer excuses and translations.

There isn't an interpretation of Trump's statement that says anything other than "I'm more interested in the numbers and how they reflect, rather than whether we're on the right track as a country in a global pandemic."

Wendy P.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kallend said:

Is it too much to expect that the "Leader of the Free World" could polish his public speech so his sycophants don't have to offer excuses and translations.

That is tough to do with dementia.

16 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

15 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Wendy,

I does seem as though Our National Idiot has a lot of those 'moments.'

:ohmygod:

Jerry Baumchen

Much more the 'What the Actual Fuck' moment of the week.

6 hours ago, billvon said:

Absolutely correct! The level of self deception they will go to, to ensure that their idol Trump is innocent. Notice how the language is ‘well he didn’t really say that’, they have bought Trumps propaganda hook line and sinker.

Of course if Biden happens to mis speak or forget  line or two, it is irrefutable evidence that he is not competent.

4 minutes ago, kallend said:

The Lancet is one of the world's most prestigious medical journals, ranked #2 in the world.

Unfortunately trump, his cabinet, Dr. Rand Paul and his supporters have never hear of it. Does it advertise in the National Enquirer?

35 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Unfortunately trump, his cabinet, Dr. Rand Paul and his supporters have never hear of it. Does it advertise in the National Enquirer?

Rand Paul has heard of it. Doesn’t mean much, but he’s a doctor, therefore he’s heard of it. It’s that significant.  
Wendy P.