5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

(edited)
5 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

GA schools closed at the beginning and will remain closed until the start of the next school year.

Only if "the beginning" was March 18.   General "stay at home" not until April 2.   And the beaches?  Churches?

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/491157-georgia-beaches-reopen-after-governors-executive-order

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/georgia-church-refusing-comply-with-governors-order-shelter-place/FP2G3WXUQVCH5BHQ2XF42QGCO4/

Edited by kallend

11 hours ago, kallend said:

I don't understand the reasoning behind Gov Kemp's decision to keep the beaches open.

The churches have been closed. Our last service was 8 Mar and the schools were closed the week before.

"One south Georgia church is ignoring the order.The overwhelming number of churches across Georgia are obeying the shelter-in-place order. No more than 10 people are allowed together, so many churches are putting their services online."

I just thank God that Stacey Abrams is not our governor and HRC is not our president.

49 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

I just thank God that Stacey Abrams is not our governor and HRC is not our president.

You like that God gave you an idiot for a governor and a liar/fraud/adulterer/narcissist/sexual predator/egotist for President?

You are indeed weird.

5 minutes ago, kallend said:

Did they keep their beaches open and delay "shelter at home" until April 3?

(Rhetorical, I know the answer and so do you).

I don't know John.  Tell you what I do know...those 3 states have the highest number of fatalities.  They obviously mishandled their state's affairs.

1 minute ago, airdvr said:

I don't know John.  Tell you what I do know...those 3 states have the highest number of fatalities.  They obviously mishandled their state's affairs.

The mayor of NYC was encouraging people to support the local economy by going out to bars and restaurants until shortly before shutting them down. Mistakes were made by many local officials of every type.

2 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Why do you even have a federal government?

Effectively, we don't. We are back the the 1781-1788 era of the Confederation. But with the exception of a rogue entity in the District of Columbia being fed with our taxes as it tries to sabotage the states.

46 minutes ago, airdvr said:

They each went "shelter at home" 10 - 12 days BEFORE Georgia did, and closed their beaches.  These are things within the control of the governor.

18 minutes ago, kallend said:

They each went "shelter at home" 10 - 12 days BEFORE Georgia did, and closed their beaches.  These are things within the control of the governor.

Don't you know that if the virus was successfully contained, it would have been thanks to Trump, but if not, it's the states' and governors' fault? </sarcasm>

I read an interesting article in the last day or two that in part hypothesizes that the reason Spain and Italy were hit so much harder than France and England is in part because their social habits include far closer person-to-person embraces. The French do little air kisses, the Spaniards and Italians embrace each other warmly.

Makes sense to me. Doesn't mean it's true ("makes sense to me" is how directional news agencies sell their narratives)

Wendy P.

29 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I read an interesting article in the last day or two that in part hypothesizes that the reason Spain and Italy were hit so much harder than France and England is in part because their social habits include far closer person-to-person embraces. The French do little air kisses, the Spaniards and Italians embrace each other warmly.

Makes sense to me. Doesn't mean it's true ("makes sense to me" is how directional news agencies sell their narratives)

Wendy P.

Additionally, especially in northern Italy, living in extended, multi generational family units is somewhat common. 

8 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

But right now, seeing the tremendous damage to the USA done by the current President, I would lay out the red carpet for Bush 1 or 2, Ronald Reagan, or even Richard Nixon. No kidding. 

+1

As Bill Maher once said:

"Reagan was ignorant, but not vile; Nixon was vile, but not ignorant; Trump is vile and ignorant."

When asked about COVID-19 testing problems at one of his speeches, Trump spoke thusly:

“This is a very brilliant enemy. You know, it’s a brilliant enemy. They develop drugs like the antibiotics. You see it. Antibiotics used to solve every problem. Now one of the biggest problems the world has is the germ has gotten so brilliant that the antibiotic can’t keep up with it.  And they're constantly trying to come up with a new – people go to a hospital and they catch – they go for a heart operation – that's no problem, but they end up dying from – from problems. You know the problems I'm talking about. There's a whole genius to it. We’re fighting – not only is it hidden, but it’s very smart. Okay? It’s invisible and it’s hidden, but it’s – it’s very smart.”

Yes, fellow Americans, this is who is in charge of the response to COVID-19 - a guy who thinks that viruses are treated with antibiotics.  Until they got brilliant.

33 minutes ago, billvon said:

When asked about COVID-19 testing problems at one of his speeches, Trump spoke thusly:

“This is a very brilliant enemy. You know, it’s a brilliant enemy. They develop drugs like the antibiotics. You see it. Antibiotics used to solve every problem. Now one of the biggest problems the world has is the germ has gotten so brilliant that the antibiotic can’t keep up with it.  And they're constantly trying to come up with a new – people go to a hospital and they catch – they go for a heart operation – that's no problem, but they end up dying from – from problems. You know the problems I'm talking about. There's a whole genius to it. We’re fighting – not only is it hidden, but it’s very smart. Okay? It’s invisible and it’s hidden, but it’s – it’s very smart.”

Yes, fellow Americans, this is who is in charge of the response to COVID-19 - a guy who thinks that viruses are treated with antibiotics.  Until they got brilliant.

We are doomed. Totally Doomed. And there will still be posters on this site who think Trump was the best choice available in 2016 and will be again in 2020. We need a new slogan: if you couldn't see this coming with 20/16 vision you damn sure won't see it coming again with 20/20.

54 minutes ago, billvon said:

This is also the fool who claimed that the doctors at the CDC were amazed at how much he knew.