5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

1 minute ago, airdvr said:

Where did I say it was the only reason?  It certainly had an impact.

I think it was directed more to the Professor's comment that yours. I wonder how much tongue-lashing I would have gotten for posting a graph that said, 'This "estimate" is based on a "rule of thumb" that . . .' 

5 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Where did I say it was the only reason?  It certainly had an impact.

How many percent? If the total delay was 6 weeks, how much of it was due to the faulty test?

Italy didn't have faulty tests, so that would limit the percentage. What would explain the rest of the delay?

Testing is designed to work with tracking down those in contact with positive C-19 outcomes. Such that they can be isolated and/or tested. IMO faulty tests were a small part of a overall clusterf*#k that led to the current situation.

It was reported yesterday that China's C-19 numbers don't report positive test results where the individual is asymptomatic. Which would under report overall numbers.

S. Korea used many measures, testing, complete lockdown, aggressive tracking of any contacts with positive C-19 carriers. Most important they attacked the virus very quickly. The shape of the total cases and fatality curves illustrates this. Its response should have been the model for every country.

I have to finally give trump credit. Yesterday was the first C-19 press conference from the oval office. Where he wasn't flanked shoulder to shoulder with all the other "important" speakers. It took a month to set an example but better late than never.

It also looked and sounded as if he is starting to listen to experts and not the _______

that he has surrounded himself with.

Just now, Phil1111 said:

I have to finally give trump credit. Yesterday was the first C-19 press conference from the oval office. Where he wasn't flanked shoulder to shoulder with all the other "important" speakers. It took a month to set an example but better late than never.

It also looked and sounded as if he is starting to listen to experts and not the _______

that he has surrounded himself with.

My Pillow cocaine fiend guy? Yet another carnival barker.

1 minute ago, normiss said:

My Pillow cocaine fiend guy? Yet another carnival barker.

The worry is the pandemic tails off and with 50-70K dead. trump manages to paint himself as the "leader", War President", or whatever. To the majority of voters that don't follow politics. That he rides the popularity bump of a nation at war President.

Then he can keep the virus alive through incompetence, stupidity and those that prop him upright.

BTY where in the F*#k is Biden?

13 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

The worry is the pandemic tails off and with 50-70K dead. trump manages to paint himself as the "leader", War President", or whatever. To the majority of voters that don't follow politics. That he rides the popularity bump of a nation at war President.

Then he can keep the virus alive through incompetence, stupidity and those that prop him upright.

BTY where in the F*#k is Biden?

One small good thing about this. I was fairly concerned that DJT would look for a way to start a war soon to enhance his prospects. That's probably off the table now.

1 minute ago, gowlerk said:

One small good thing about this. I was fairly concerned that DJT would look for a way to start a war soon to enhance his prospects. That's probably off the table now.

Who was the other leader, on his own choice, that started a war on two fronts?

5 hours ago, normiss said:

My Pillow cocaine fiend guy? Yet another carnival barker

I give him lots of credit - he re-tooled his American-Made factory and immediately started making 10,000 CDC Approved masks per day and by Friday; he expects to be making 50,000 masks a day. 

1 minute ago, BIGUN said:

I give him lots of credit - he re-tooled his American-Made factory and immediately started making 10,000 CDC Approved masks per day and by Friday; he expects to be making 50,000 masks a day. 

Sure that's great. He should get credit for that. There is only one reason he got to stand on the rose garden and tell everybody to read the bible. He donated to trump and has always spoken favourably of him. It was nothing but a cheap-ass infomercial that added absolutely nothing to the national discourse regarding the fight against covid-19.

3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

He donated to trump and has always spoken favourably of him. It was nothing but a cheap-ass infomercial that added absolutely nothing to the national discourse regarding the fight against covid-19.

I respect him a LOT more than Rush Limbaugh - and he got the Presidential Medal of Mouthpiece. We can disagree, but he's come a long way from being a crack baby. He got a pat on the back. 

54 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I respect him a LOT more than Rush Limbaugh - and he got the Presidential Medal of Mouthpiece. We can disagree, but he's come a long way from being a crack baby. He got a pat on the back. 

I have nothing against the guy at all. Good for him for building a successful business for himself.

Just don't understand what CEOs of any stripe are doing at COVID press briefings. They add no value to the information and have only been there to praise Trump. I think those briefings are better used for the dissemination of important factual information.

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

Skydekker was right. Positive relative to Rush Limbaugh is an irrelevant point to make in response.

(edited)

I wonder if this will cause urban planners to rethink their ideas with regard to population density.  I believe it was just a month or two ago that someone on this forum was crowing about the superiority of Democrats and their propensity to cluster into large interdependent groups, while disparaging Republicans as anti-social reprobates.

Edited by brenthutch

33 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

...Just don't understand what CEOs of any stripe are doing at COVID press briefings. They add no value to the information and have only been there to praise Trump. I think those briefings are better used for the dissemination of important factual information.

Well, its pretty apparent that since large gatherings have been shut down, Trump has gone into 'adoration withdrawl'. 

He can't go into arenas packed with his supporters cheering on his lies.

So he pretends to be giving a 'briefing'. 

And just stands up there, spouting his lies, having his toadies pat him on the back, just like the rallies. 

(edited)
11 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, its pretty apparent that since large gatherings have been shut down, Trump has gone into 'adoration withdrawl'. 

He can't go into arenas packed with his supporters cheering on his lies.

So he pretends to be giving a 'briefing'. 

And just stands up there, spouting his lies, having his toadies pat him on the back, just like the rallies. 

The other day he bragged about how he spoke to the leaders of the G20 and spent a half an hour listing off each one, from cue cards of course.

A very stable genius.

Edited by brenthutch

54 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I have nothing against the guy at all. Good for him for building a successful business for himself.

Funny that this should pop up on FB, just after I made my last post:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2017/01/04/pillowgate-bbb-revokes-mypillow-accreditation/96145828/?fbclid=IwAR1lG2GHnzIiCXX9dUitVyaP3tvOY4XU5IbdJFjxBzul11aB4XYiVdL4EjI

The BBB revoked "My Pillow's" rating 3 years ago. Based on a pattern of complaints from consumers.

Wow, what a surprise Trump thinks he's such a great guy.

Apparently strippers cannot file for the SBA Disaster Relief program, even though they are usually independent contractors:

"Applicant does not present live performances of a prurient sexual nature or derive directly or indirectly more than de minimis gross revenue through the sale of products or services, or the presentation of any depictions or displays, of a prurient sexual nature."

Seems odd, given the way our President pays them.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I wonder if this will cause urban planners to rethink their ideas with regard to population density.  I believe it was just a month or two ago that someone on this forum was crowing about the superiority of Democrats and their propensity to cluster into large interdependent groups, while disparaging Republicans as anti-social reprobates.

Nascar excluded, I assume.

On 3/30/2020 at 3:52 PM, skymiles said:

Lest we forget:

“The coronavirus is very much under control in the USA,” the speech began.

“We have it totally under control. I’m not concerned at all. It’s one person coming in from China. We pretty much shut it down. It will all work out well,” the speech continued.

“We’re in great shape. Doesn’t spread widely at all in the United States because of the early actions that myself and my administration took. There’s a chance it won’t spread. It’s something that we have tremendous control over,”  the speech read. “Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away. One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear. Just stay calm. It will go away.”

“This is a flu. I didn’t know people died from the flu. Here, we’re talking about a much smaller range. It is very mild,” the speech argued. “The tests are all perfect. Anybody that wants a test can get a test. The tests are beautiful. We have a tremendous testing setup.”

Trumpies, WTF are you thinking?