5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

(edited)
On 3/24/2020 at 12:21 PM, billvon said:

Simple.

1) Stop speaking and tweeting for the next two months.

2) Put Fauci in charge; he becomes the public face of our response to COVID-19.

As I think you predicted his departure before(but I couldn't find the post):

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the administration’s most outspoken advocate of emergency virus measures, faces a torrent of false claims that he is mobilizing to undermine the president.

Typical trump playbook;

1. Have the base make false claims.

2. Get FOX to execute the smear campaign.

3. Fire anybody with integrity and honesty. That keeps lies from being spread from the mouth of trump to his base.

4. New in his playbook. Even if it costs American lives.

a. Keep the base ignorant

b. Win reelection because there will be many American lives left for future adventures in stupidity. Iran, Covid-21, etc.

Whats the actual date of his departure Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Edited by Phil1111

23 hours ago, ryoder said:

That is such bullshit. I spent 7 years working at a little 160-bed hospital in IN, and I could not tell you how many ventilators they had. So how would a visitor know? But I can guarantee they had more than two, because I saw more than that operational in ICU on numerous occasions.

trump has corrected himself on FOX Hannity:

"During his 40-minute-long chat with Hannity, Trump said he is “getting along” with Cuomo, though he cast doubt on New York state’s scientific projections of the spread of the virus. Regarding ventilators, he said officials like Cuomo “say we want 30,000 of them. 30,000! Think of this. You go to hospitals, they’ll have one in a hospital, and now all of a sudden everybody’s asking for these vast numbers....

Countless political commentators have observed that Trump always needs an enemy. As the pandemic has overtaken national politics, his chosen enemies have included China, news media outlets and Biden. ”

6 hours ago, Coreece said:

Nah, I don't typically start pissing contests like that.  But I could see myself using that as a counter argument if someone like you, Dr.K or nigel went out of their way to create a new thread about how so many christians died from covid and why God hates them so much.

Don’t worry I won’t be starting a thread like that. Your imaginary friend in the sky, is as real as the Easter bunny, so how can an imaginary being be capable of hating anyone?

Do you reflect on the rational of your belief system? If god is the creator then he created Covid19, quite a thing for a loving god to do. Or was god powerless to stop the devil from creating it? Surely there must be times you question the absurdity of it all? Unless like me, you were told that it was sinful to question and think?

So trump was answering questions about how Americans can go back to work in two weeks. When cases of C-19 are still prevalent. His response was "wash your hands more, perhaps five times a day".

FOX may be changing their tune. Chris Wallace was asking tough "real journalist" questions on his Sunday show today.

(edited)

Phil, back to the topic at hand and one of our previous discussions:

"Epidemiologist, Didier Raoult, just posted online, this study offers more hope that the combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin is helping COVID-19 patients.

Now, this was a study of 80 patients, more than double the size Professor Oz's (ph) earlier study had, but it's still not controlled. Nevertheless, 54 of the patients had CT scans for COVID pneumonia. Only three of them required an ICU, and the median age was 52, that's fairly young. About two- thirds or so had underlying medical conditions, and the results were stunning.

This is what it said, in part. "By administrating hydroxychloroquine combined with azithromycin, we were able to observe an improvement in all cases, except in one patient who arrived with an advanced form, who was over the age of 86 and in whom the evolution was irreversible. For all other patients in this cohort of 80 people, the combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin resulted in a clinical improvement that appeared significant when compared to the natural evolution in patients with a definite outcome, as described in the literature."

EDIT: This is the actual study

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7064018/

Edited by BIGUN

16 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Phil,

His dad probably rolls over in his grave every time Chris comes on the air.

'real journalist.' uh, no.

Jerry Baumchen

I only get FOX on Sundays when other channels put their shows on channels that don't carry other programming. I was speculating that Sunday shows match "journalist/hosts" with a broader mandate/appeal than the usual target audience.

Hosts like Hannity and others like him. I can only guess because I've never watched or listened to. But from reports I speculate they have targeted, substantial audiences that warrant their positions.

11 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

FOX may be changing their tune. Chris Wallace was asking tough "real journalist" questions on his Sunday show today.

Some FOX insiders are starting to worry that FOX could be sued by people who lose family members to coronavirus because they believed the FOX claims that it's a liberal hoax, and that all the precautions were just a hysterical overreaction.

6 minutes ago, billvon said:

Some FOX insiders are starting to worry that FOX could be sued by people who lose family members to coronavirus because they believed the FOX claims that it's a liberal hoax, and that all the precautions were just a hysterical overreaction.

Hi Bill,

Maybe all of the folks that profess to hate ambulance-chasing attorneys might just want a few soon.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Disclaimer:  My son is an attorney.  He has never worked in the 'ambulance-chasing' side of the business.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, billvon said:

That would be a shame.

This is the same Fox whose owner called off his birthday party out of concern about COVID-19 while the Fox talking heads were calling it a hoax, right?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/business/media/fox-news-coronavirus-rupert-murdoch.html

Edited by ryoder

(edited)
37 minutes ago, billvon said:

In my mind Trump is directly responsible for the death of the guy who used unmedicated hydroxychloroquine and should be charged for it.

Tweeting random shit is one thing, but medical advice from a president will ALWAYS have people believing it’s the truth. Trump has no clue as to that responsibility.

Edited by yoink

23 minutes ago, yoink said:

In my mind Trump is directly responsible for the death of the guy who used unmedicated hydroxychloroquine and should be charged for it.

I don't agree.   Had the dead guy taken pills (for humans) in an amount usually prescribed and died of arrhythmia induced from long QT interval, maybe.   Taking non-pharma substances in unknown dosage is a grossly ignorant thing to do.

30 minutes ago, yoink said:

Disagree.  He's like the guy who sells you a house for $1 million and then it turns out to be a shack made of tarpaper on a toxic waste dump.  And then you buy another house from him, and another.  At some point it's your fault for believing that this time, it will be different.

(edited)
6 hours ago, headoverheels said:

Was this an appropriate move?  Seems good to help out, but naive not to back-fill our own supplies starting immediately, given the info known at that point.

https://www.state.gov/the-united-states-announces-assistance-to-combat-the-novel-coronavirus/

Countries are always giving donations to each other. Check out Govsales and find out all the stuff thats disposed of regularly.

Besides "One man made fake Honeywell N95 respirators at a makeshift factory on a farm. Pharmacies sold ineffective knockoffs of a Chinese version of Clorox. In one Chinese province, authorities seized more than seven million masks that were substandard, mislabeled or counterfeited.

China’s vast manufacturing machine has moved into overdrive to supply the country and the world with masks, testing kits, respirators and other gear to fight the global coronavirus pandemic." Soon it will all be coming back to the US

Edited by Phil1111