5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Wow - its amazing how the tolerant left shows joy and hope now that people are contracting the coronavirus.

Another amazing thing is it seems to only be the ones that they dislike that are singled out.

Its deplorable.

I know!  Can you imagine being so deplorable that you'd wish sickness (even DEATH!) on someone?  Someone as sanctimonious as you would NEVER do that.

Turtle 2004: "Can you POSSIBLY imagine the death toll if we just LEFT [Iraq.] That is what they want - Fuck the little ungratefull bastard - rap it up - lets go home.  . . .Like I said - fuck 'em - lets go home and see what happens."

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

I'd expect nothing less from a turtle, FOX, or the hard core right. The Law and Order tribe. But when the subtleties of fraud, preying upon the weak and vulnerable for self enrichment. Has sanctions associated with it. Its all 'deplorable' for them.

Instead of ordering medical supplies ventilators, etc. They are too busy  lining their pockets, rewarding their friends and keeping the smoke screen going. The C-19 and pox on all of them. Throw in the clap as well. Then send them to hell.

Currently the US is testing at 180 per 100,000

Italy at                                     600 per 100,000

S. Korea                                  700 per 100,000

Is that because trump wants to keep US number low? Or because he starved the US health care system and the CDC to pay for the tax cuts?

Blah blah blah -

So what I am understanding is that the above justifies you being happy that people you disagree with are now potentially sick with a life threatening disease.

44 minutes ago, billvon said:

I know!  Can you imagine being so deplorable that you'd wish sickness (even DEATH!) on someone?  Someone as sanctimonious as you would NEVER do that.

Turtle 2004: "Can you POSSIBLY imagine the death toll if we just LEFT [Iraq.] That is what they want - Fuck the little ungratefull bastard - rap it up - lets go home.  . . .Like I said - fuck 'em - lets go home and see what happens."

2004 . . .16 years ago. . . I got a clue between then and now.

Also - my response was pertaining to the Iraqi's demanding that we leave.  My general thoughts there were to minimize death.  A lot like the Iranians refusing aid,  It is not my wish or happiness that someone else is harmed.  There is little we can do if they refuse though.

That is so much different than some deplorable saying that there is more hope because a royal, or a PM has tested positive for the virus.

27 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Blah blah blah -

So what I am understanding is that the above justifies you being happy that people you disagree with are now potentially sick with a life threatening disease.

I don't have issues with people that disagree with me. When people in power play politics with peoples lives. Using the states resources to reward friends, themselves and corporate supporters. At the expense of peoples lives. Then the states license of the ultimate sanction needs to be unleashed.

trump supporters of course like to pander to the denial of responsibility for the lack of action.

5 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

I don't have issues with people that disagree with me. When people in power play politics with peoples lives. Using the states resources to reward friends, themselves and corporate supporters. At the expense of peoples lives. Then the states license of the ultimate sanction needs to be unleashed.

trump supporters of course like to pander to the denial of responsibility for the lack of action.

So, you are defending your statements, and trying to justify why its OK to be happy with someone else's misery, or even their potential sickness and death.

I get it.

4 hours ago, ryoder said:

Tesla plans to retool solar panel factory to make Medtronic ventilators

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2020/03/tesla-plans-to-retool-solar-panel-factory-to-make-medtronic-ventilators/

Evidently trump has felt the shifting wind on the mop that passes for his hair.

"President Trump lashed out at General Motors on Friday, blaming it for overpromising on its ability to make new ventilators for critically ill coronavirus patients and threatening to invoke the Defense Production Act to compel the company to do so.

In a series of tweets, the president emphasized the urgent need for the ventilators, an abrupt change of tone from the night before, when he told Sean Hannity, the Fox News host, that states were inflating their needs."

16 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Evidently trump has felt the shifting wind on the mop that passes for his hair.

"President Trump lashed out at General Motors on Friday, blaming it for overpromising on its ability to make new ventilators for critically ill coronavirus patients and threatening to invoke the Defense Production Act to compel the company to do so.

In a series of tweets, the president emphasized the urgent need for the ventilators, an abrupt change of tone from the night before, when he told Sean Hannity, the Fox News host, that states were inflating their needs."

Hilarious the idiot is demanding GM re-open the Lordstown plant. They don't even own it anymore.

15 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Hilarious the idiot is demanding GM re-open the Lordstown plant. They don't even own it anymore.

Laying blame holds no boundaries for corporate ownership. Only that FOX and the weak minded repeat the mantra of blame.

Blame HRC, blame the dems, blame GM, blame Ford, blame China. While the head nodding of the trump mob affirms the lies of blame.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:21 PM, JoeWeber said:

If the Trumpettes and Christians come out ahead Coreece will have a field day with us.

Nah, that's not really my thing.  Personally, a lot of the rhetoric around here lately has been a bit disheartening. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Nah, that's not really my thing.  Personally, a lot of the rhetoric around here lately has been a bit disheartening. 

It's just that there are a lot of people who want to see Trump bleed. Not that they are mean or anything, they are just curious to find out if his blood is orange.

50 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I think some people acknowledge Trump's actually humanity (as in "he's a human being") more than others; others kind of balance it with "how much does he seem to care about people"

Trump has really never given any indication that he cares about anybody but himself. His decision making seems to be completely based around: What am I getting out of this?

Hard to muster up any level of care for somebody like that. The fact that a third of your population appears to heartily support that mentality, speaks about more than just Trump.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Coreece said:

Horse shit. If Trump lovers and Christians end up with lower infection rates you'll give it to me, and deservedly, with both barrels. I did notice that closet liberal BIGUN liked your reply. Interesting.

Edited by JoeWeber

29 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Horse shit. If Trump lovers and Christians end up with lower infection rates you'll give to me, and deservedly, with both barrels. I did notice that closet liberal BIGUN liked your reply. Interesting.

On first flush I'd say you took the words right out of my mouth. But the reason why the rhetoric is getting worse. Is because most of this could have been prevented. This is like the windup to war in slow motion.

In two to three weeks America is going to be Italy in several states. Governors and medical experts are all predicting exactly that. It all could have been prevented.

As bad or worse. If leadership doesn't come to the fore. A second wave of infections will come again. Mardi gras, large church meetings, all putting nurses, doctors and everyone else at risk. The elderly, the infirm, the weak and the strong too. Everybody pays for the foolishness of a few.

Well, it couldn't all have been prevented; the same cussedness and liberty that gives us the Bill of Rights and the Revolution reward individual cussedness and liberty, including "they can't make me do that!" No way we ever could have had a Wuhan (or even S. Korea or India) style shutdown.

But a high early spike would have been confined to fewer places. 

Wendy P.

3 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Worse news: he thought it was General Electric.

"It was less than 24 hours ago that Trump was phoning in to Fox News to tell Sean Hannity that New York didn’t need the 30,000 ventilators they requested."..

I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators,” Mr. Trump said, discussing an urgent request from Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York. “You know, you’re going to major hospitals sometimes, they’ll have two ventilators. And now, all of a sudden, they’re saying, can we order 30,000 ventilators?”

With 1600 American dead its comforting to know that trump has a good grasp of the issues. Good thing he didn't order General Dynamics to produce the 80,000 mentioned before. Could have cost the treasury $800 billion.

1 minute ago, Phil1111 said:

"It was less than 24 hours ago that Trump was phoning in to Fox News to tell Sean Hannity that New York didn’t need the 30,000 ventilators they requested."..

I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators,” Mr. Trump said, discussing an urgent request from Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York. “You know, you’re going to major hospitals sometimes, they’ll have two ventilators. And now, all of a sudden, they’re saying, can we order 30,000 ventilators?”

That is such bullshit. I spent 7 years working at a little 160-bed hospital in IN, and I could not tell you how many ventilators they had. So how would a visitor know? But I can guarantee they had more than two, because I saw more than that operational in ICU on numerous occasions.

Around this time yesterday the US had just surpassed China as the leader of confirmed cases, approx 84k. 

You are now just over 101k confirmed cases, a 21% increase in a day.

At this rate you will reach 1 million confirmed cases in 12 days.

Within a month that will become 30 million cases.

Stay. The fuck. Home.