5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

(edited)

On 3/20/2020 at 2:32 PM, wmw999 said:

Most local hairdressers here are closed. I need one, but I'll get my husband to do the back, and do the front myself, if I get desperate enough. We have a kit here...

Wendy P.

It's finally time for the flowbee to shine.  Anything involving the help of your husband and a shop vac is bound to result in a good haircut.

Edited by DJL
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Statistically, 97% of the time you would be correct with that statement.

A skydive doesn't kill you 99.999% of the time, but how many people have told you "I'd never jump out of a perfectly good airplane"?

5 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Yep.  I'd say its illegal.

Lets make every single untrue thing said by a politician illegal, and Jail them!

I'd prefer -

Let's make every single lie hat a politician tells that actually puts people at risk unacceptable - and make sure they know it.

2 hours ago, jakee said:

Then I guess I'm just curious why you didn't listen to her before, when you were rubbishing news reports you hadn't even read. Or why you weren't listening to her a few days ago when you were claiming we were all overreacting to Coronavirus because the death rate probably wasn't that bad - even though the evidence of what is happening in Italy and other places was already out in the open? It's just odd that you surely had as much access to her counsel then as you do now, and yet now you're claming to understand the seriousness of the situation more than other people do even though you've only just changed your mind as to whether it is of any seriousness whatsoever.

Technically I still have 2 weeks for my prediction to be correct.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Statistically, 97% of the time you would be correct with that statement.

And it’s 100% completely irrelevant. What is relevant is not your chances of dying, it’s how likely you are to give it to someone else. I wish people would just fucking grow up.

After 911, Rudy Giuliani was referred to as "America's Mayor".  I watched most of a news conference today with New York Governor Andrew Cuomo.  I thought he did a pretty good job, maybe the term "America's Governor" would fit.

On a related note, He may be a better Democratic candidate than Biden or Sanders.

59 minutes ago, Bigfalls said:

On a related note, He may be a better Democratic candidate than Biden or Sanders.

Hi Big,

As I watched him on the news Friday evening, I had the very thought.

Might be very interesting if Biden cannot get the minimum delegates before the convention.

Jerry Baumchen

3 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

What is your point? It’s hard to tell if you’re just being a troll or if you have something to say.

Its the FOXeffect the flu is worse. As soon as the $1.8 trillion stimulus hits corporate America. Send the workers back to work. Health workers, the elderly, etc. who have to die, have to die. The idea that trump will do anything to save one life that he'd  “make the call in two minutes.” is propaganda from the left.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

Good.  The more states do this, the slower this will spread.

Hi Bill,

I just read the entire Executive Order on the www.oregon.gov website & find that I am already complying with it.  It should not have any effect on me; other than to make us all safer.imo 

IMO there is no question that these types of orders are difficult for nearly all of us.  IMO the short term pain is worth the gain.

Jerry Baumchen