5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

(edited)
39 minutes ago, billvon said:

One man?  No.  But if that one man can get isolation procedures in place rapidly it could have a huge effect.   Not the man, but the procedures he puts in place.  I am sure you have seen the same simulations that I have; what we do really does matter.

So which "man" in China would you like to crucify?  Or Italy?

ETA...Midnight tomorrow.  Ohio issues stay at home order.

Ohio issues stay-at-home order for all residents to combat spread of coronavirus

Edited by airdvr

13 minutes ago, billvon said:

I am talking about the US.  Not China or Italy.  We control what we do (or more importantly, what we don't do.)

True.  Meanwhile the millionaires in DC are arguing over giving a grand to the people. SMH

2 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Good. We should have made you people stay home long ago. Next up: Pennsylvania.

At this point I fear we are too late to prevent a very high death toll. This needed to start two weeks ago.  And we STILL have people going about their daily business, going to restaurants and bars, and sitting in large groups of people for eight hours at work.

13 minutes ago, billvon said:

At this point I fear we are too late to prevent a very high death toll. This needed to start two weeks ago.  And we STILL have people going about their daily business, going to restaurants and bars, and sitting in large groups of people for eight hours at work.

I believe you are right. We're on full lockdown mode at the DZ. Key people know that it's health first and don't fret the paycheck. This could be a full wash and as long as our key staff are here for next season, I'm good.

Skydiving is amongst the worst business profiles to spread this virus. We are not special. DZO's and jumpers alike need to take a chill pill and see things as they are not as we want them to be.

It's all about the rate of infection curve and the timing impact on available essential medical services. Why is that so hard to see?

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

True.  Meanwhile the fake billionaire in DC is arguing over giving a grand to the poor people. While trump's CEO friends want billions. Its been 12 years since the last handouts to big business. SMH

Fixed it for you.

Sen. Rand Paul Workout in Senate Gym Coronavirus Positive

"Rand Paul's pals, Sen. Mike Lee and Sen. Mitt Romney, say they're self-quarantining after hearing about Paul's coronavirus diagnosis.... how on Earth can the Senate gym still be open? Just about every major city shut down gyms a week ago, because they are breeding grounds for the virus.  Congress is in the middle of passing a bill providing critical economic relief for people, and now we learn members of Congress are exposing themselves to major danger. One person picks it up, transmits it at the gym, and then Senators interact. You know the way it ends."

One health insurance plan for Americans, a different plan for Washington leaders. Testing for Washington leaders, none for Americans trump assurances aside.Gyms for Washington leaders and social distancing for everyone else.

27 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

It sure does make you fellas feel good though, doesn't it?

What would make me "feel good" is this surreal period to end. There is nothing "feel good" about the situation. It feels horrible to see the moral decline of the USA under it's current POTUS. Leadership matters.

37 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

It sure does make you fellas feel good though, doesn't it?

Turtle, you KNOW that Trump is a lying, incompetent con-man but you supported him anyway because you believed it would result in personal gain (and probably did until recently).

He can't lie himself out of a pandemic.

1 minute ago, kallend said:

Turtle, you KNOW that Trump is a lying, incompetent con-man but you supported him anyway because you believed it would result in personal gain (and probably did until recently).

He can't lie himself out of a pandemic.

Could you flesh that out please?

What do you mean by "you supported him anyway"?

19 hours ago, airdvr said:

Simple...my wife.

Then I guess I'm just curious why you didn't listen to her before, when you were rubbishing news reports you hadn't even read. Or why you weren't listening to her a few days ago when you were claiming we were all overreacting to Coronavirus because the death rate probably wasn't that bad - even though the evidence of what is happening in Italy and other places was already out in the open? It's just odd that you surely had as much access to her counsel then as you do now, and yet now you're claming to understand the seriousness of the situation more than other people do even though you've only just changed your mind as to whether it is of any seriousness whatsoever.

19 hours ago, airdvr said:

I think DeWine has done an excellent job here in Ohio.  He was ahead of the curve in closing schools, bars, and other gathering places.  Next week will show how effective.

Somehow you seem to think that one man's handling of events could have had a huge difference in outcomes. 

Why do you need to wait and see if DeWine's actions might be effective if you already know that one man's actions couldn't make a difference?

8 minutes ago, kallend said:

I think Dr. Fauci is trying to get fired:

People like him don't get fired; they resign. <sarcasm>

After what, serving six Presidents? I don't see him having to resign, but I've been wrong before. 

1 hour ago, jakee said:

Then I guess I'm just curious why you didn't listen to her before, when you were rubbishing news reports you hadn't even read. 

I worry about Trump supporters _without_ SO's in the healthcare field.  Who is going to get them the information they need to stay healthy and help prevent the spread of this?  Even now there are people claiming it's all a hoax, Trump is doing a great job, the liberal crybabies in the blue states are overreacting etc.  These are the people still going to bars, still playing team sports and still eating at restaurants even when they feel a little sick.  "But it's just the FLU!  Geez!  It's not going to kill you."