5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

19 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Are you holding out for a Hail Mary, Q to be real and right, or some other Black Swan event to save your honor? 

Hehe...I don't think you understand just how bad this could get.  The next 10 days will be telling.  Somehow you seem to think that one man's handling of events could have had a huge difference in outcomes.  It  probably won't.

My honor doesn't need saving.  While you armchair quarterback this thing the rest of us are stuck in the middle.  I know you want to believe Joe is a better choice, or at least you me to believe it.  At this point I have serious reservations about his mental state.  I can't imagine the hue and cry from the left if Trump couldn't recite parts of the first paragraph of the Declaration of Independence, or was confused about in wheat state he was campaigning.

It's too early...

13 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I can't imagine the hue and cry from the left if Trump couldn't recite parts of the first paragraph of the Declaration of Independence, or was confused about in wheat state he was campaigning.

Have you listened to a single one of his presser rants?

4 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Joe..save the bandwidth.  It's too early.

There are fewer than 7 months until the election. Gotta say, you are a trooper. Better to lose the Nationals at the Nationals than ditch the team mate you recommended. You never know, right? Maybe he'll pull off the rubber mask and son of a bitch it's Jack Jeffries laughing his ass off. Good on ya'.

14 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Have you listened to a single one of his presser rants?

8 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Joe..save the bandwidth.  It's too early.

airdvr thats exactly what Joe was trying to do. Otherwise he could have quoted trump directly from the day he was born. Endless ramblings about his greatness and importance, all wasting bandwidth and oxygen.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Hehe...I don't think you understand just how bad this could get.

Until a couple of days ago you were saying this was all much ado about nothing, and that all the press stories were just hysteria despite the fact that you hadn’t read or watched any press coverage of the coming pandemic.

Im curious about what you’ve done in the past couple of days to get to the point where your understanding of the issue is greater than anyone else’s.

3 hours ago, kallend said:

I know it won't happen but I'd love to see Tammy Duckworth as running mate.  A disabled veteran would really strengthen the ticket against a draft-dodging survivor of the STDs of the '60s

She would be great.

Is it certain that she is qualified, given her birth place?

23 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Some folks don’t have a sprayer handy. And then there are the half-baths... Other than that, sprayers are great, especially if the water is heated :ohmygod:

And Hi Darius —sorry I missed the last post!

Wendy P. 

Hi Wendy Hope you are well.

a sprayer is nice but you can use anything that can hold water and you can pour one handed.

I have used a bottle of water on many occasions. Just pour the water down the but crack with one hand  wipe and rinse with other and then wash hands.

This is one of those things that's very funny to me. Because the idea seems so odd and nasty to my American friends they react the same way and make the same face as when i try to explain to my iranian friends that Americans wipe there butts with paper and don't wash until a shower. Culture is so funny on both sides. You see it with food all the time.

1 hour ago, jakee said:

Until a couple of days ago you were saying this was all much ado about nothing, and that all the press stories were just hysteria despite the fact that you hadn’t read or watched any press coverage of the coming pandemic.

Im curious about what you’ve done in the past couple of days to get to the point where your understanding of the issue is greater than anyone else’s.

Simple...my wife.

(edited)

Senate coronavirus vote delayed after Rand Paul pushes doomed amendment and was the sole "no" vote on the $8.3 billion coronavirus spending bill the Senate passed earlier this month.

Rand Paul now tested positive.

In other news: Miami Herald urges governor to act 'like you give a damn'  

In an editorial, the board condemned DeSantis as a “timid leader in the face of the growing scourge” of COVID-19 cases, saying he is “working overtime to preserve our status as the world’s leading exporter of political comedy.”

The editors also encouraged the governor to look to California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D), New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) and Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont (D) for advice on taking “decisive actions.”

Edited by Phil1111

1 hour ago, Darius11 said:

a sprayer is nice but you can use anything that can hold water and you can pour one handed.

I have used a bottle of water on many occasions. Just pour the water down the but crack with one hand  wipe and rinse with other and then wash hands.

Anatomy varies from person to person; also, women are supposed to go front to back, never back to front. Just as an aside. 

Now enough butt talk :rofl:

Wendy P.

• Like 1

Washington, March 22, 2020

CDC Director Robert Redfield heard from Chinese counterparts on Jan. 3 that a spreading respiratory illness could be caused by a novel coronavirus. Redfield told Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, who sought to immediately notify the White House National Security Council, according to four senior administration officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal government actions. Azar briefed Trump on Jan. 18 about the virus, but the president was said to be quickly disinterested. The CDC, HHS, National Institutes of Health, State Department, National Security Council and other agencies and aides began meeting to discuss the virus in January.

Yet Trump and several of his aides were reluctant to take the virus seriously until the first confirmed U.S. case surfaced on Jan. 21, according to two senior administration officials. Trump continued to downplay the threat of the virus until this month.

Not until the first week of March did the administration and Congress agree to an $8.3 billion supplemental spending bill to address the outbreak, wasting weeks that could have been used to respond to equipment shortages, the officials said. Some in the White House were hesitant to appropriate significant funding out of fear of spooking stock markets or being viewed as alarmist, they said.

I believe that whatever action we are trying to take is good, but not enough. Most "democracies" are trying first and foremost to try and not crash the economy too much. This will kill LOTS more rather than HARD decisions. 

I really wish some stronger orders would be pushed on us here in Switzerland. This is a total mindfuck. Difficult to push wartime decisions on people who do not understand they are under siege. We need strict confinement, regular testing, and federal feeding for those who cannot grow their own food. This will be the only way (I believe) to calm down the progression of the virus and help the medical system cope with the full hands they already have until someone finds a cure for this shit.

We are seeing our neighbour Italy having each day a new record of deaths per 24Hours, and all others for the moment ramping up on contamination cases.

Brace for impact, the wave is huge.

Love you all

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, piisfish said:

I really wish some stronger orders would be pushed on us here in Switzerland. This is a total mindfuck. Difficult to push wartime decisions on people who do not understand they are under siege. We need strict confinement, regular testing, and federal feeding for those who cannot grow their own food. This will be the only way (I believe) to calm down the progression of the virus and help the medical system cope with the full hands they already have until someone finds a cure for this shit.

We are seeing our neighbour Italy having each day a new record of deaths per 24Hours, and all others for the moment ramping up on contamination cases.

Brace for impact, the wave is huge.

Love you all

How Switzerland ended up with the second-highest coronavirus infection rate in the world 

Yeah best wishes with this worldwide goatf**k

that article says the Swiss are disciplined and whatever good people who do whatever they are told ... Illusion. We are as stupid as the rest. In my family we are distancing, shopping if possible for the week for necessary stuff, but we see lots of products missing in the shops (toilet paper for one, but we already had enough prior to the outbreak... must have a 2-3 weeks stock for a family of 5) as some people do a lot of panic buying. 

Luckily the shops re-stock  regularly, but if you are late shopping, what you want will be missing.

In my area, lots of small shops/butchers/vegetable shops etc have developed a pre/order+pre/pay system, so you go and pickup your order without contact, which is good, because you have better quality, often at a better price than in a supermarket.

And we are mobilising parts of the army to help out, for now only/mostly medical troops. Waiting for the government to allow "older" guys like me to join again. 

In the meantime, lots of people do not want to play by the recommendations and still go out, travel, hike and stuff.. 

I love the nature, I love to have fun in the "great wide open", reason why I limit myself to be able to enjoy the "Full Size Life" as soon as possible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, airdvr said:

Hehe...I don't think you understand just how bad this could get.  The next 10 days will be telling.  Somehow you seem to think that one man's handling of events could have had a huge difference in outcomes. 

One man?  No.  But if that one man can get isolation procedures in place rapidly it could have a huge effect.   Not the man, but the procedures he puts in place.  I am sure you have seen the same simulations that I have; what we do really does matter.

• Like 1