5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

13 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

No lies, no B.S., straight talk about what the country is facing.

Seriously, Phil. If Trump had waited until March 18th to be seen and then gave one speech by a speech-writer in the oval office without any reporters present; you guys would be calling for his replacement. Oh wait. Sorry, Merkel's not a US Citizen. 

(edited)
8 hours ago, airdvr said:

I guess it wasn't 100% then.

Page 11.  It was 100% for the patients that got both drugs. 

"At day6 post-inclusion, 100% of patients treated with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin combination were virologicaly cured comparing with 57.1% in patients treated with hydroxychloroquine only, and 12.5% in the control group (p<0.001)."

https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Hydroxychloroquine_final_DOI_IJAA.pdf

There was one reversal of the day 6 result by day 8

"one of the patients under hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin combination who tested negative at day6 post-inclusion was tested positive at low titer at day8 post-inclusion."

The total size of the test was small, even smaller when divided into multiple treatment groups.  Interesting, though.

Edited by headoverheels

(edited)
1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

Seriously, Phil. If Trump had waited until March 18th to be seen and then gave one speech by a speech-writer in the oval office without any reporters present; you guys would be calling for his replacement. Oh wait. Sorry, Merkel's not a US Citizen. 

Really, White House sets record for longest span with no press briefings

It’s been 1128 days since Donald Trump’s last press conference. In the meantime, he has tweeted 474 times.

Was it Merkel that said "speak softly and show your intellect"?

or trump that said "shoot your mouth off and show your lack of intellect"?

Edited by Phil1111

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

Oh Puleeze!

You just can't bring yourself to admit that you support an incompetent lying buffoon who is totally out of his depth.

7 hours ago, BIGUN said:

She also didn't wait until March 18th to say anything, so to be honest I for one don't have a clue what point you're trying to make.

37 minutes ago, jakee said:

She also didn't wait until March 18th to say anything,

It is the first time in her 14 years in office that the Chancellor has given a television address to the nation other than in her annual New Year's address.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-03-18/merkel-plans-rare-tv-address-but-will-announce-no-new-restrictions-broadcaster

The point is -  If Trump were not to have addressed the nation in that same period of time during this pandemic, this crowd would be calling for a guillotine. 

50 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

It is the first time in her 14 years in office that the Chancellor has given a television address to the nation other than in her annual New Year's address.

And yet that was not the first time she was seen. Seriously, you can’t complain that the only time she was seen was giving a speech from her office then define being seen as giving an address from her office. 

12 hours ago, airdvr said:

I see him trying to not laugh at the deep state jab.

He was. However, looking at his expression, it wasn't a "that's funny ha-ha" kind of laugh, it's a "really?" kind of laugh. The kind a teacher does behind the kid's back when they hear that the dog ate some homework.

Wendy P.

5 minutes ago, Bigfalls said:

I still can't understand the whole toilet paper hoarding thing.  Since Sears doesn't print a catalog any more, I think the Manhattan phone book may make a good substitute.

Free bibles, and the paper is softer too.

5 hours ago, billvon said:

I always get a kick out of Trump apologists.  "Well, sure, he said that, but what he meant was . . . ."

No, Bill. I actually listen to his daily reports. And that it had been approved long ago was no "meant was" about it. 

Governor of Illinois has asked all retired medical professionals to return to assist in the response.  My wife (MD) who is semi-retired has just contacted the local hospital.  

She got a nice tee-shirt last time she responded to an emergency (Hurricane Katrina).