5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

6 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Do you have a fever?

Well I am hyper sensitive about that now. I had two interactions with the most dangerous persons in this C-19 social isolation era. The husband of a pharmacist and I just got a haircut. Since I don't want to see the barber till this is over. I hardly recognized myself when I left and promptly showered with lots of shampoo !!!

1 minute ago, Phil1111 said:

Well I am hyper sensitive about that now. I had two interactions with the most dangerous persons in this C-19 social isolation era. The husband of a pharmacist and I just got a haircut. Since I don't want to see the barber till this is over. I hardly recognized myself when I left and promptly showered with lots of shampoo !!!

I did the same - Sort of - only customer in the shop though.

Covid19

I am very happy with how the government both state and federal have been dealing with this.

I am delighted by how most people are acting and dealing with this. The general feeling i get is that we are in this together. There is no one to blame and being a dick isn't going to make things any better.

i hear some grips but everyone needs to take a breath,the stress will only compromise your immune system. This is a good reminder that we aren't and cant be in control of everything. Some times shit happens and all we can do is our best.

i read some of the posts and honestly don't think politics has anything to do with this.

Stay safe and help when you can.

• Like 3

(edited)
4 hours ago, billvon said:

Yep.  It is important to not provide false hope - by saying things like "it's been approved" and will be available "almost immediately."  In fact, that would be a lie.

Speaking of which Government response updates: Trump calls himself a 'wartime president,' promises 'total victory'

Evidently "total victory" will have to be delayed for a while longer. Evidently 5.56 ammo is running out.

Lab testing supplies to conduct C-19 testing  are" the latest stumble in a botched effort to track the spread of coronavirus that has left the U.S. weeks behind many other developed countries." Because " government labs in the U.S. are competing for supplies with larger commercial labs and governments around the world. In conference calls this week with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, some lab staff warned that they may have to shut down testing within days due to lack of components,"

Canada is currently testing 10,000 a day and according to the above story the US 20,000 a day. Perhaps Americans could get a C-19 test when they go up to Canada to get cheap insulin and prescription drugs.But they will have to move fast because the border closes in under 10 hours.

Too bad the federal government is not a "shipping clerk" and refuses to use the Defense Production Act, It could ....oh well... thats redumbdent.

Edited by Phil1111

My wife was in tears on the phone.  She's tough as nails when it comes to medicine.  She was the charge nurse in a local ER for 9 years.  She is the director of health services at a facility which is comprised of an assisted living/memory care which includes 70+ elderly folks, a 32 bed ICFDD, a day workshop with almost 100 clients, all DD adults, and 2 group homes with 4 DD individuals each.  To enter these facilities you must be screened for symptoms.  By their very nature DD folks can have compromised immune systems.  Obviously the elderly folks are at great risk.  Today she learned that one of the individuals in the group homes may possibly be infected.  Not certain yet but the symptoms are starting.  Fortunately this person doesn't attend the day rehab program. 

Living in the group home is one of her nurses.  This nurse has been at their facility on a daily basis for meetings since this started.  The nurse shows no symptoms but is now in lockdown in the group home.

My wife is frightened, and she doesn't frighten easily.  She's exhausted working 12 hours days and then fielding phone calls at all hours.  There are people out there putting themselves at great risk for us.  Please keep them in your tots and pears. :mask:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, airdvr said:

My wife was in tears on the phone.  She's tough as nails when it comes to medicine.  She was the charge nurse in a local ER for 9 years.  She is the director of health services at a facility which is comprised of an assisted living/memory care which includes 70+ elderly folks, a 32 bed ICFDD, a day workshop with almost 100 clients, all DD adults, and 2 group homes with 4 DD individuals each.  To enter these facilities you must be screened for symptoms.  By their very nature DD folks can have compromised immune systems.  Obviously the elderly folks are at great risk.  Today she learned that one of the individuals in the group homes may possibly be infected.  Not certain yet but the symptoms are starting.  Fortunately this person doesn't attend the day rehab program. 

Living in the group home is one of her nurses.  This nurse has been at their facility on a daily basis for meetings since this started.  The nurse shows no symptoms but is now in lockdown in the group home.

My wife is frightened, and she doesn't frighten easily.  She's exhausted working 12 hours days and then fielding phone calls at all hours.  There are people out there putting themselves at great risk for us.  Please keep them in your tots and pears. :mask:

Damn...just damn. I sure hope it goes well.

4 hours ago, billvon said:

by saying things like "it's been approved" and will be available "almost immediately."  In fact, that would be a lie.

It was approved, but not for this. Seems pretty "almost immediately" to me.

FDA approves compassionate use of chloroquine | ABC News

There's no sense us bickering among timelines. Things are changing way ahead of the written media cycle. 

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

It was approved, but not for this. Seems pretty "almost immediately" to me.

FDA approves compassionate use of chloroquine | ABC News

There's no sense us bickering among timelines. Things are changing way ahead of the written media cycle. 

That sounds pretty gosh darn immediate to me too.

I wonder how the left will spin it so that this is somehow a bad thing as well.

3 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I see him trying to not laugh at the deep state jab.

I think you mean cry.

You want to talk about avoiding panic? This is a time when it is of utmost importance that people can trust what they're being told and what is being done by the government and this overtanned scrotum is on TV spreading Deep State conspiracy theories about the people who are going to be organising the government's response. There is truly no limit to his juvenile bullshit.

A friend of mine in the public health field (which makes her way more qualified than I am) said that the biggest problem with the malaria/antibiotic drug protocol is that while it does fairly well in vitro, it really hasn’t been as good on real people, in part because the dosages needed for this new use are significantly larger than those needed for malaria. Which also means side effects. 

Malaria medications are one of those that are often not complied with, because the side effects are not fun. I’ll bet they’re less fun in larger doses. However, knowing a blunt tool that works imperfectly might be a pathway to a better tool. But don’t expect a quick, easy, answer provided by “some dude who’s smart enough,” any more than those quick, easy answers to other complicated problems like poverty and racism work  

Wendy P.

I'm thinking of moving to Telluride...

https://coloradosun.com/2020/03/20/telluride-san-miguel-county-coronavirus-covid19-testing/

But two part-time Telluride residents have stepped in to try to solve the testing problem. They’re paying for everyone in the town of about 2,500 — whether they are symptomatic or not —  and county to be screened twice in the coming two weeks for coronavirus using a new blood test that’s received preliminary OK from the Food and Drug Administration. 

The test was created by their own company, a subsidiary of United Biomedical Inc., and some 15,000 kits will be provided — representing roughly double San Miguel County’s population. Testing will be done in the town first and then expanded out into the county. 

The Leader of the Free World Gives a Speech, and She Nails It

No lies, no B.S., straight talk about what the country is facing.

“This is serious”

“Take it seriously.”

"since the Second World War—no challenge to our nation has ever demanded such a degree of common and united action.”

Merkel famous for honesty, intelligence, authentic, values, She quietly assesses the different factors involved in a given situation and then decides which way she wants to go, and does it quietly and without fanfare.” If you took a private poll of the G20 leaders, the most powerful leaders in the world, and you asked, “Who do you respect the most in this group?” Merkel wins the poll. Or ask “Who would chair this group in a fair way?” They’d put the gavel in her hands. "

While another countries president parrots 'Our Big War.'

“our war against the Chinese virus”

“I view it as a, in a sense, a wartime President,”

The trump family is famous for puffery.