5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Trump says he knew coronavirus was a pandemic 'long before' it was declared

today 03/17/20, Yet March 9th it was ""The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant," Trump tweeted at the time."

Too bad he never gave FOX and Hannity a heads up about his clairvoyance. Or the CDC and the American people.

I wonder, since you are criticizing, have you ever changed your mind, or made a mistake?

(edited)
5 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I wonder, since you are criticizing, have you ever changed your mind, or made a mistake?

Yes I fell for your trolling once before. Stupid of me!

Seriously I'm seldom wrong about trump and I was ripping him well before he was elected. I changed my mind about HRC and Bill Clinton. I used to think they were a pair of P.O.S. But they have noting on trump. So I was somewhat wrong about them.

Edited by Phil1111

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Yes I fell for your trolling once before. Stupid of me!

So, let me make sure I have this correct.

You can call attention to Trumps mistakes, and when he changes his mind, and does the right thing, he gets criticized for that too.

I ask a question about your ability to change your mind when a mistake is made, and you cannot answer seriously.

You have to have a snaky reply.

Only one conclusion truthfully comes to mind: 

You just want to bitch about Trump.  He could be doing everything right, and you would find fault.

Edited by turtlespeed

1 minute ago, turtlespeed said:

You just want to bitch about Trump.  He could be doing everything right, and you would find fault.

A couple years ago I started a thread about what trump was doing right. After a couple replies it died out due to lack of supporting facts. About a week ago I posted that trump was right in using low oil prices to fill up the national strategic petroleum reserve.

Damnit.... I made another mistake I fell for your lure again..!...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil1111 said:

A couple years ago I started a thread about what trump was doing right. After a couple replies it died out due to lack of supporting facts. About a week ago I posted that trump was right in using low oil prices to fill up the national strategic petroleum reserve.

Damnit.... I made another mistake I fell for your lure again..!...

I didn't realize that, or notice those.

My apologies.

Maybe it was the snarky remark that made all the difference in my observation.

10 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

What do you guys think about Telsa disregarding the shelter-in-place guidance from public health officials?

https://electrek.co/2020/03/17/tesla-updates-employees-coronavirus-no-co-pilot-test-drives/

Tesla stock drops after hours as county says Fremont factory is not an ‘essential business’

Elon is a little arrogant when it concerns the law. Probably a bad idea and bad PR move.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

As a world leader Trump is and should be judged to a different standard than you or I. As a world leader keep your mouth shut, defer to experts and then when facts are known repeat them.

He was an absolute idiot spouting garbage about Democrats blowing it all out of proportion etc. Considering the scale of the problem and the protections being put in place now, are you Turtle prepared to say the dems were correct in their response and Trump was wrong?

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

I've made a lot.  I admit them, learn from them and move on.

Something Trump will never, ever do.  Which, when we are facing a pandemic and he's made a boatload of mistakes so far, is pretty terrifying if you're an elderly man or woman wondering what's going to happen next.

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

So Facebook just informed me I "violated their standards on spam" when I posted this link a few days ago: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/13/jared-kushner-combat-coronavirus-facebook-127941

Idiots.

I got one too.  It was just a link to a video of Trump talking 2 years ago about discontinuing the White House "pandemic" office, from The Independent.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Oh come on. He's not changing his mind. He's stating that he knew, before anyone else, that this was a serious pandemic (inferring that he's THAT smart), but was posting that it wasn't after that...

This is all about him going 'I knew that. Of course I knew that. I knew that before anyone else. In fact, I knew that the MOST. More than anyone.' THAT'S his personality. He cannot ever, EVER be wrong. Even if he has to lie about stuff that has already happened. He can convince himself it's true, so he assumes everyone else believes it.

Have you ever told yourself a lie so many times that you start to believe it? Just a bit? It's a real phenomenon. That's how he lives every second of every day.

Just now, ryoder said:

Trolling is what he does. It's his hobby. This is what the Ignore List is for.

I did once and then thought he was improving. Wendy thrashed me over it and I changed my mind. Now, unless he comes back saying he'll be more serious I'll block him again.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Trolling is what he does. It's his hobby. This is what the Ignore List is for.

The ignore function is a waste in my opinion, you still see they posted some sort of nonsense, and replies to it.

An actual ignore option would be significantly better. The current one is only half functional.

Edited by normiss

9 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

A) You criticise the media all the time. All. The. Time. You think they're all dishonest and self serving pretty much all the time. It's hypocritical of you to take issue with someone else criticising a media outlet, and it demonstrates your immense bias that the one outlet you decide to defend is Fox.

B ) It would be one thing if they admitted they'd made a mistake or changed their minds. But they don't. They just pivot form one thing to another and claim they were right all along. Like Hannity - "This virus is serious, we’ve been telling you that from day one." Errr, nope, no they haven't.

C) It's all tied in with more partisan support of Trump over discussion of the truth. As soon as Trump starts taking it seriously they start taking it seriously, and claim that Trump has been taking it the most seriously of anyone since day one despite the fact that they were both downplaying it until last weekend.

So no, what they're doing is not the same as someone else just changing their mind.

7 hours ago, kallend said:
10 hours ago, ryoder said:

So Facebook just informed me I "violated their standards on spam" when I posted this link a few days ago: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/13/jared-kushner-combat-coronavirus-facebook-127941

Idiots.

I got one too.  It was just a link to a video of Trump talking 2 years ago about discontinuing the White House "pandemic" office, from The Independent.

Facebook was marking legitimate news articles about the coronavirus as spam due to a software bug

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/17/21184445/facebook-marking-coronavirus-posts-spam-misinformation-covid-19

I have one person on the ignore list; not because he posts stupid shit, but because he irritates me enough to make me want to react to stuff, and feed the troll. And every now and then when I'm bored I look at his posts (you can do it one at a time), and I haven't changed my mind yet.

I find my own ignore function is plenty to ignore the "just stupid" stuff.

Wendy P.

(edited)
12 minutes ago, jakee said:

B ) It would be one thing if they admitted they'd made a mistake or changed their minds. But they don't. They just pivot form one thing to another and claim they were right all along. Like Hannity - "This virus is serious, we’ve been telling you that from day one." Errr, nope, no they haven't.

Did you see the video I just posted?  Fucking hypocrites (along with their defenders).

EDIT: on reflection I suspect many FoxNews junkies are just too stupid to realize they're being duped.

Edited by kallend

9 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

You can call attention to Trumps mistakes, and when he changes his mind, and does the right thing, he gets criticized for that too.

No. He gets criticised for changing his mind then blatantly lying about it, saying he was right all along even before anyone else was right. 

How can you make that assessment? He isn't and hasn't been doing everything right, and people are correct in pointing that out. In the post you are replying to, he is at fault. It doesn't need to be found it's right out in the open. Now be honest, if this was a Democrat politician you'd be screaming from the rooftops about it. You'd find their lies outrageous.

In fact, think of it this way - last year you even started a thread to say a particular democrat was an unelectable idiot because he accidentally used the wrong gender pronoun and wouldn't accept that he'd corrected himself hours later. But you don't think Trump's reversal and lies about his reversal are worthy of even being mentioned?